main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Bowl For Kids

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Jaira, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    This was posted at our other site. I need to know who wants to do it, this will be the last thing I will start before my term is over. I will work in conjunction with whoever is voted in next.

Yes, it's coming up again in February.
    I was called today and was asked if we're doing a team again.

http://www.bbbsca.org/

is the main site to register.
    We don't have to do it.. but I wanted to put it out there in case.

Registration is supposed to be made by December.

Once again, please check the other site regularly!!!! There are updates there that aren't necessarily here!

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    I'm for doing it :) It was a blast last year :)

3. ChaseKeJac

ChaseKeJac Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2006
    As I said on the 327th Star Corps, I'm in!

4. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    Heck yeah, I want to do it! I got that postcard in the mail weeks ago, and I was hoping we could do it again. I had contemplated doing it by myself if I had to.

@};-

5. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Here is the thing about this event: last year we didn't know that there was a minimum per person that we were supposed to raise. Anyone who participates has to raise at least $100. Therefore, you must be sure that you have that kind of money power before you sign up. Who's still in?

6. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    That is a bit harsh, especially for people who struggle jusst to meet their own needs. Tell you what, if others go for it and y'all are hanging in the balance by one, I'll see what I can do.

@};-

Whatever happened to the good ol' days when they took what they could get?

7. VADER312

VADER312 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2005
    I'm out. all I could get was 25.00 last year

8. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    This needs a reply:

Here's the stuff from the website.
    WHAT: BOWL FOR KIDS? SAKE benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Arkansas! It is a grassroots fundraiser in which individual participants lend their support to the work of Big Brothers and Big Sisters in our community. More than 120 teams participated in last year?s event! A team consists of 4 or 5 bowlers. Each bowler raises a minimum of $100 in pledges from friends, family, and coworkers. All pledges are tax-deductible contributions. WHERE: Professor Bowl West located 901 Towne Oaks Drive at the corner of Rodney Parham and Reservoir Road. HOW: To sign up a 4 or 5 person bowling team contact Jamie or Melanie at the Big Brothers Big Sisters office, 374-6661. Each bowler is required to secure $100.00 or more in pledges. Bowlers must secure pledges and bring their pledge sheets with them on the day they bowl. Big Brothers Big Sisters will bill for pledges with value of $20 or more. If you choose to collect all or part of your pledges, bring them to the alley on the day of the event. For billing purposes, please provide first and last names and mailing addresses for each pledge. Each bowler bowls one game. The bowling game is our thanks to you for your support! There is no fee to the bowler on the day of the event. Hundreds of prizes will be given away to participants. Prizes for top fundraisers are available.
    Event Location:
    901 Towne Oaks Drive

Need directions? Click here for a map

Event Schedule:
    First bowling day Friday, Feb. 9, 2007. Each team bowls for one hour. Times start at 4p.m. through 7p.m. 2/9/2007 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
    Second bowling day Friday, Feb. 16, 2007. Each team bowls for one hour. Times start at 4p.m. through 7p.m. 2/16/2007 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
    Third bowling day Friday, Feb. 23, 2007. Each team bowls for one hour. Times start at 4p.m. through 7p.m. 2/23/2007 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
    Last bowling day Saturday, Feb. 24, 2007. Each team bowls for one hour. Times start at 1 and 2 p.m. 2/24/2007 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm

We need to know who is still interested.

9. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Hold that thought for a few days, guys....

10. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Well, I guess I'm out of the loop.

So, hold off on the decision making just a bit.

11. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    I'm confused...How did we get two bowling threads...

In case you stumble across this one...It's the Professor Bowl on Rodney Parham (like last year) and we are meeting at 11am to hang around in the cotumes and bowling at 1.

Thanks and see you there....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.