main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MidWest Bowling Green, KY Fanforce Interest

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by NewGuy917, Dec 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewGuy917

NewGuy917 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Hey guys I go to Western Kentucky University and am interested in staring up a fanforce in the general area. If anyone else is interested, please post and let the world know.

2. dbrumett

dbrumett Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2002
    Fellow Jedi,

I am also seeking enlightenment through a Jedi council. I look to countinue my Jedi training under a master Jedi. Reach out with your mind my master. May the force be with you.

3. NewGuy917

Nov 6, 2002
    O.....K......
    I guess that's one person in. Who else wants to help?

4. Darth_Shaggy

Darth_Shaggy Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2002
    Heck yeah dude, a FanForce in Bowling Green would be awesome. E-Mail me and tell me how things are evolving.

5. OneHung-Dude

OneHung-Dude Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2002
    I'm in. Seriously. Totally in. Does it cost anything and, if so, do I get a guarentee for my force powers after being exposed to the that beam thing in the Valley of the Jedi?

Just asking.

6. NewGuy917

Nov 6, 2002
    Dude, don't stand so close to the microwave when your making breakfast next time. All right, starting to get some people interested.

7. OneHung-Dude

Dec 4, 2002
    New guy, don't start with me. So, when do we start getting stuff in the mail? We can take it to the remotes and cut people and stuff. I think I needs ta get me some SW novels...been outta that game for a while.

8. mercury1138

mercury1138 Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2002
    Mark me down.

9. NewGuy917

Nov 6, 2002
    You down, merc.

10. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Hi guys, your friendly neighborhood RSA popping in to led a hand.

As you may or may not know, to create a forum, we need three individual posters from the same city/area to post their interests. You will then get your own spiffy forum to plan events, debate the merits of light saber colors, and brag about who has the most Star Wars toys.

Once you have had three meetings with at least three active posters in attendance, you will become an Official Fan Force, and get all the bells and whistles that go along with that (custom icon, titles for officers, a CR and the ability to customize your forum).

At this point, five users have posted in this thread, but my quandary is that between the five of you, there are only two IP address. To clarify, New Guy, Darth Shaggy, and dbrumett share one IP address, and mercury1138 and OneHung-Dude share another (which appears to be a Western Kansas University host). To complicate matters, four of you, dbrumett, Darth Shaggy, OneHung-Dude, and Merc1138 are all new users with only one post.

We have had situations in the past where a particular user created several socks to ?boost the numbers?, and I want to make sure we are not getting into that situation again.

At this point, I need a little more information from you guys? Do you all post from each other?s computers? Do you all work together? Are there more people interested that might post here?

I?m eager to help you out, but I need a little more information to justify creating a forum at this time. At a minimum, feel free to start using this thread to plan events and begin the great toy debates.

Good luck!! :D

11. OneHung-Dude

Dec 4, 2002
    Who be Merc? Is that Freakshow, or another one of your "mind-altering experience" buddies, New Guy? Just kidding, merc...whoever you be.

12. OneHung-Dude

Dec 4, 2002
    Well, DarthJurist, we're all students at Western Kentucky University. I know I registered and posted from the WWHR Revolution 91.7 FM office. I believe Merc (who I'm almost positive is Freakshow, now) did the same. New Guy, Shaggy, etc., ad naseum are also DJ's at the station. Western, like pretty much every other university campus, pipes it's IPs through the state. I'm not sure exactly what you're seeing, but it's kosher. New Guy and Shaggy probably use the same computer at the WWHR office (seeing as New Guy is a glorified squatter). I think that covers most of the 5 of us...well... there's Short Stuff, but God knows what he's doing.

None the less, we're all newbies to this he-ah establishment(aside from New Guy), but I doubt any one of us is a spoof. Though Shaggy does look a little like New Guy with a scraggly beard and longer hair... they might be the same person. We could take a picture, if that'd help. With a recent USA Today and big placards with our screen names written on them. Would that help?

Let us know.

13. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
  14. NewGuy917

Nov 6, 2002
    Actually Merc is Legs... and New Guy isnt Shaggy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.