main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Bowling Info

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by pod_civc, Jan 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pod_civc

pod_civc Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2002
    There are a few bowling alleys that I know of.

AMFs: Sunset Bowl(ph:282-0537) on Broad St close to Glenside Dr, across from Burlington Coat Factory.

Hanover Lanes(ph:559-2600) on Rt 360 in Mechanicsville

Shrader Lanes(ph:747-9620) on Shrader Rd. Behind Ukrops and Friendlys on Broad St close the "sniper" Exxon payphone(near corner of Broad St and Parham)

BOWL AMERICAs:Midlothian Tpk(ph:320-7115) next to GHETTO putt putt golf and games

on Hull Street(ph:744-1500) past Genito Rd close to Commonwealth 20 theater.

Those are the only "respectable" ones that I can think of. I hope this helps you out.

GB

2. jainasolo11sticks

jainasolo11sticks Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    you've given us several options so if we can't pick *one* out of that group, that's dang right pitiful :)

i haven't been bowling in sooo long. probably 3 or 4 yrs!

do we have a date in mind? or are we waiting to see what works best for everyone? i may not be able to come too often, but if i can't make it, don't let that stop the rest of you!
    *hint hint* we have a bowling ally in cville!

3. pod_civc

pod_civc Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2002
    what is the info about the one in c'ville? If we do not do that one, the 2 AMFs are off of broad which would be closer to you then lets say midlothian and hull st. Ya know just in case c'ville doesnt work.

greg

4. pod_civc

pod_civc Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2002
    dunno about the date though. I would talk to stacy about that one :) I do not think that we made a date yet. But ask her anyway:)

Greg

5. jainasolo11sticks

Aug 12, 2002
    the one in cville is an amf too: http://www.restaurantdiningmenus.com/Keglers.asp

6. pod_civc

pod_civc Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2002
    Thank you for the info on c'ville. Pass that info to Stacy and see what she says :) talk to you all soon

Podcivc

7. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    While I am not against going to Charlottesville for an event, I think that with the age of this group we should schedule our first couple of events here in the city. If down the road we want to do a road trip to charlottesville, we can.

This is my opinion, we can go if everyone in the group agrees its the best for the group right now.

8. jainasolo11sticks

Aug 12, 2002
    i think it's best to be in richmond too since this is the RICHMOND ff :)

my info was more of an "fyi" :)

9. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    Hey all, I like the idea of bowling. I just can't do it anytime near the end of February. I'm moving out of Squire Hill by the 28th, so I'll be really busy with the move unfortunately.

Looking forward to getting together.
    Keith

10. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Please see the inital post on dates for this event here Let's try an keep all conversations regarding this event to one thread!

11. marcus1632

marcus1632 Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2003
    Either one of these two will work for me. I Travel alot on broad so I know where they are at.

AMFs: Sunset Bowl(ph:282-0537) on Broad St close to Glenside Dr, across from Burlington Coat Factory.

Shrader Lanes(ph:747-9620) on Shrader Rd. Behind Ukrops and Friendlys on Broad St close the "sniper" Exxon payphone(near corner of Broad St and Parham)

12. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Information I have found out/ been thinking about regarding this:

1) AMF has a nascar event (ie bowl while watching/listening to the race) making saturday afternoon not such a good idea. I am going to call tomorrow, or at the end of the week to find out.

2) I need EVERYONE to post their top 3 places to go (after reading distences and comments below on each)

3) if you are not from here, you can still post as i am including where in town they are located ;) If you are coming in and spending the night with someone let me know here or via email.

4) When bowling, do you normally eat (and what), drink (and what), and
    5) how many games were you thinking of doing?

6)Would you like to have a place, at the alley, where we could hold a meeting?

7) if we can not bowl on the 15th is there another event you would like to schedule for this month?

For lanes:

Ten-pin Coliseum--off hull street (southside), according to the user rating this one may be scarey. from my house (South side):4.4 mi from pod_civc (west end):12mi

Bowl America-Midlothian--(near the star bucks), 4.5mi from me, from pod_civc: 10mi

AMF Sunset--W. Broad (north west side), from me:10.8, from pc:6.7

AMF shrader--(west side)broad & parham, from me: 13.2, from pc:5mi

AMF hanover--(north east side)mechanicsvilles, 13.6 from me, from pc:15.2

if i can get as many responses tonight as possible, i will call tomorrow and get things together for this.

13. pod_civc

pod_civc Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2002
    hey there thank you for all the info. any one of the bowling alleys is fine except for coliseum ten pins. That is not in a good part of town. it is near southside plaza. next to the 2nd precinct or RPD i beleive.

PC

ps i thankyou for telling me the distances from SP to the bowling alleys. :)

14. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    I posted short pump distence because of the fact that we have had a couple people from that area.

15. pod_civc

pod_civc Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2002
    i like beer, hot dogs, checken fingers. basically everything not healthy. what about ice skating if bowling doesnt work out?or would you all like to come over here? either to my apt or the clubhouse? i can put a dvd player in there for the night and we can watch a flick or 2.

PC/GB

16. camisa

camisa Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 20, 2000

Shrader, Sunset, or Midlow would be fine with me. Unless bowling does not work out I don't believe we need somewhere else to meet. We may decide to stop at a Starbucks after so we can discuss what we want to do in the months to come, or we could just discuss it there and finalize here when we get back.

17. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    I forgot my thoughts....

1)Nascar fans, bowling and some of us just dont mix. personally I think it would be a blast, if we can get lanes.

2)I really dont want to have to drive, but thinking that Sunset or Shrader are my picks with midlo third

3)I live here duh and will be spending the night with....well you all know.

4)drink: h2o or soda eat: hot pretzles maybe

5)2-3 max, depending on costs

6)i dont know that it matters if we have a place to meet, because there is nothing serious we need to talk about

7)if not bowling, i think we should at least get together. maybe coffee again or depending on the weather a park outing (get everyone outside)
    if everyone would post in a similar fashion so i can see your thoughts easily. thanks :)

18. jainasolo11sticks

Aug 12, 2002
    well if you guys want to do it another weekend b/c of the race, that actually sounds good. i said the 15th would work and i would make it work, but it's going to be *very* hard for me to make it work. a couple of things have come up family wise in the past few days, and while it's possible it could still work...it's probably better for you all to get together on a day that's not so crowded, especially since the 8th worked so well.
    if i do come, i won't be eating or drinking anything b/c i'm poor and gas + bolwing = probably more than i make in a day O:) :p

pc...just saw your additional suggestions. they all sound fun, but that weekend is looking less and less promising for me. i know i basically said "i can make it!" but living at home means things don't always go as i plan.

and am, i didn't post in your format like you and camisa did b/c i really don't have answers to them all and like i said, be making it isn't for sure anymore. i'm sorry

19. camisa

Aug 20, 2000
    1) nascar fans do not bother me, the real serious ones won't be bowling, they will be watching the race, anyway

2) schrader, sunset, midlo

3) live in town

4) not planning on eating or drinking at the alley, can enjoy bowling without the food

5) 2 games

6) like I said a place to meet may be nice, but I don't want to do anything that will take too long or drag things out

7) a park sounds nice, but perhaps we should wait until later in the year when the weather is more likely to be better, would like to something besides starbucks, nothing comes to mind though, will post if I think of something by morning

20. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    As long as I don't have to drive more than 30 minutes on the 15th to get wherever you all wanna go bowling..I'll be there wherever that is. Two games tops for me. I'm not planning on buying any food. Maybe a drink if that. Should be fun though.
    Keith

21. marcus1632

marcus1632 Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2003
    Sunset or shrader midlo third.
    Two to three game max
    some food
    live in town
    park gathering sounds good
    sorry so late

22. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Thanks to those who posted ( for those that did not, please still post).

I called Sunset and Shrader...and the news is not encouraging for me.

Sunset says they have leagues from 6-9pm and we should not expect to be on a lane until 10pm. Which just happens to be when they start extreme bowling (glow-in-the-dark) which costs more. $4.95 regular per person per game, $5.45 extreme, and $3.50 shoes.

Shrader said Saturday is the busiest day, and February is their busiest month (dont ask, I am just telling you what "Joe" said). If we could be there before 5pm we should not have to wait, but at 6.30-7ish leagues start and they take most of the lanes. If we can not be there at 5, there is a lounge where we could wait. leagues run until 10-1030. $4.95 per person, per game, and $3.69 shoes

I know that this is not something that I can afford now, but would be willing to go hang out with everyone and watch/ take pictures.

23. camisa

Aug 20, 2000
    I am still up for bowling, I have always found it hard to find a time when league's are not difficult to work around. I can be there before 5, is there anyone who would have trouble with that. Or would you show up a few minutes after if I was able to get there and claim the lane. It's just an idea if you choose to bowl at one of these two alleys.

24. Nave

Nave Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2002
    Im posting just so you know where I stand. Like I said I was a maybe but thats changed to a no now. Plans just came up and I have to do em.
    Have fun ;)

Nave

25. jainasolo11sticks

Aug 12, 2002
    am, i told you the other day in IM that my 2 previous posts in this thread were basically to say "it's pretty certain i can't come" and i'm posting now to say "definitely can't."

the 'rents just decided i owed them some money for something i thought they had *given* to me....so i'm broke :-(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.