main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Bowling this Fall! Which location should we sign up at?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediBith, Jul 28, 2005.

?

Bowling this Fall! Which location should we sign up at?

Poll closed Aug 7, 2005.
  1. Woodland Hills

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. Pasadena

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Either

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001

Please vote only if you are SERIOUS about signing up!

EDIT: FYI -- Here are the actual addresses.
    AMF - Woodlake Lanes
    23130 Ventura Blvd.
    WOODLAND HILLS, CA 91364
    (818) 225-7181

AMF - Bahama Lanes
    3545 E. Foothill Blvd.
    PASADENA, CA 91107
    (626) 351-8858

Here is the form to sign up!

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Pasadena's the place to be! I would not be able to participate if it's in Woodland Hills.

3. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    I'm voting Pasadena...I finally know my way around that place!

4. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    I voted either...but am leaning toward Pasadena.

5. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Do they assign you to a team, or would some of us be on the same team? And do you only bowl 2 games a night? And is it cheaper if you already have shoes?

6. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    We pick what we want to do, team-wise.

7. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I picked Pasadena, because well, we live in Pasadena.
    Is this just a regular bowling thing or a League bowling thing?

8. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    And if it is league style, what are the team rules? Does that have to be at least one man and woman on each team? I'm assuming it's handicapped? I'm sorry, I'm too needy, but it sems lik they just said 'Star Wars Bowling Ball' and expected all the geeks to sign up without asking.

9. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Okay, I guess I'm one of those geeks then because I know nothing about bowling leagues. Can we get cool shirts made?

10. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    We could all use the phone numbers above to ask specific questions and post them here. I don't know enough about bowling to know what to ask! :confused: As far as I know though, it's pretty free-form.

I think we should make our own league shirts, or modify the ones on our cafe press site...

EDIT: okay I've been shopping around for custom bowling shirts and it looks like it'll run $40-$50 per person with a one color logo and your name embroidered. Should I customize our LAFF logo for bowling shirts? Who is really interested in this?

11. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    If only it were on Tuesdays...then I could do it...and it would rock. I prefer Pasadena as well, but I didn't vote seeing as I won't get to join.

12. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Ok, now that I took the time to read what this was all about..
    I'm still interested. I just bowled a 187 last weekend in Vegas. The price per week isn't bad if it includes the ball and the bag. I have a pair of bowling shoes somewhere.. maybe it's time to get serious. I want the Darth Maul ball.

13. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Yes, everyone, please read the application/flyer! I added the link in my message at the top. It's only $12.99 per week and includes the ball (which you get about half-way through), bag, shoe rental and 2 games each Weds (at Pasadena) or Tues (at Woodland Hills. It's a GREAT deal!

I'm going to use the Star Wars Strike Force logo (from the flyer) to design a custom bowling shirt for us. The cost will be somewhere between $35-$50 including embroidered name. I'll post details later.

14. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    So the people that have our own shoes have to pay for . . . nothing? I'll just stop being lazy and call myself.

Aiight, according to the chick on the phone, it's more a just have fun and get a bowling ball thing, and less competitive leauge thing. She said we could pick the day and time we want to bowl and that they would accomidate us best we can.(Although Wednesday works best for TheCrowbar & I) She said there was people signed up for Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday so far. She also said we could make a mini league-type-thing with just us if there are enough people. Uhm, yeah.

15. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Nevermind my vote, I have class on Wednesday nights. :( Sounds like such fun, too.

16. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Thanks, CBM. Was originally told weeknights only, but this Sunday thing has me intrigued. Perhaps more of us could attend. Did she say what time Sunday, or can we pick? What do you guys think?

17. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    I would have someone else call and check on that, if so maybe sunday night would be better. And if we can do our own mini-league type thing, the more the merrier.

18. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Sunday night might be okay with me. I have to check with Mr. DH.

19. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I thought I was the only one who replied to this without reading the application.

The bowling league is on Wednesday nights for 16 weeks starting 9/14.

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    You are the only one to reply without reading.
    That is why Sunday was suggested.

21. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Let's just stay with Weds., unless Sundays are BETTER for everyone who voted, and who is genuinely planning to do this. I plan to do this and realized there are several cons we're doing this Fall out-of-state on weekends. I don't want to ruin my chances of getting my Yoda ball, plus it's a great activity involving exercise and friends. Not to mention beer (D-B!!). Maybe bowling shirts could be bought later. Let's get everyone on the same page and at the same lanes first!

22. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I'll come and cheer as often as I can. :)

23. DarthMortimus

DarthMortimus Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2005
    i cant do it in pasadena, its to far for my mom to drive

24. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    who knows if I am even going to be living in LA the next 16 weeks. I just want the cool bowling bowl.

Mortimus, if you have moved to Sherman Oaks, I could drive you. Actually, scrtach that. I work next to Pasadena. hmmm...

Yea, beer= good.

QUESTION: What if we skip a week of bowling, do we still pay the weekly fee?

Edit (14th time) I picked either, but I guess Pasadena is better for me. If we do bowling shirts, can they look like Homer's ones? With our dorky faces on back. Pasadena would be better I guess.

Edit again, $208.00 for bowling, 2 games for 16 weeks and shoes. Thats cool. And we get a kick ass bag. Best of all, when we are learn to be good, and not suck, we can challenge OC to bowling and kick their 949 asses!!!!!! YEA BABY! I guess this would mean no un-official happy hours for 16 weeks, if we are hanging on Wednesdays.

I bet Liz we could buy blank generic bowling shirts, and have someone customize them for us, for less than 40-50.00. But, I am just speculating.

Matt, Scott, you guys get first six weeks of beer, Sam Adams please.

25. DarthMortimus

DarthMortimus Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2005
    aww man, I wish I could participate in pasedena:_| :_| I love bowling, and it would be really fun with you guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.