main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Box Office Revenue

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by jMo_Skywalker, May 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jMo_Skywalker

jMo_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    Does anyone know if they have released the official numbers on how much Star Wars made opening night? Thank you much...

2. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    50 million

3. vacantlook

vacantlook Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2004
  4. Darth_Patton00

Darth_Patton00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2005
    Yep, and the made 35 mill on Friday, so it's on track to break the four-day record. Woohoo!

5. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    I saw something like 31 million for Saturday, but don't know if that was confirmed. Surprisingly, that would not be a three day record, I don't think.

So what's the best place to track this? I've used boxofficemojo in that past, don't know if that is the best site.

6. Darth_Patton00

Darth_Patton00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2005
    according to boxofficemojo they now have $158,500,000 and they've broken the the four-day record and have tied The Matrix Reloaded and Spider-Man for the fastest to 100 million.

7. Brew23

Brew23 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2004
    It appears the 31.2 million Saturday that ShowBizData has up is a typo, and should have been 41.2 instead. Let's hope it's a typo anyway :) The reason I think it's a typo is that leesmovieinfo.com has RoTS Sat. at 41.2 million.

Boxofficemojo has Sat. at 40.9, and a 3 day of 108.5 which falls short of Spidey, which actually was expected since RoTS opened on a Thursday and not a Friday. ROTS did crush the 4 day record of the Matrix Reloaded by doing 158.5 million in its first 4 days!

8. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Actually, which three days are you counting? Today isn't complete, so Sunday is only an estimate. First three days were:

Thursday: 50
    Friday: 35?
    Saturday: 40?

So somewhere around 125 for the first three days. Weekend numbers can't be counted until tomorrow.

9. Brew23

Brew23 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2004
    The studios put out weekend estimates on Sunday. The weekend numbers are up for the top 24 films this weekend, and RoTS did an estimate of 108.5 million from Fri to Sun.

To be honest I think Fox is overestimating the weekend numbers. They missed AOTC by 6 million. They originally had a weekend of 86 million and the actual was only 80 million. I think they have done the same thing again, but not as bad this time around. The actual Fri. to Sun. for ROTS will probably be around 105 million, when the actuals come out tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.