main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA Boy oh boy oh boy...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by GentleBant, Jan 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    ...need I say more? :~)

2. Keiran_Horn

Keiran_Horn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
    YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Congratulations, Joslynn. Guess my plan for the Yoda costume works out pretty well now. ;)

3. Réka

Réka Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 1999
    Ok, so are you gonna name him Luke? :D

Congratulations!

4. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    Yay! Boys are cool! hehe

5. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    Ok this oregonian missed somthin. Did someone have a baby? (hey, that's better than I get. Usually I am totally lost, being an airhead and all)

6. Akumz_Razor

Akumz_Razor Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Cool! Congradulations!

7. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    She's going to have one soon Larena. :D

Congratulations GB!

8. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    :~)

Names time, it seems!

:~)

and planning and preparing and a WHOLE lot of praying...

My sister has already started planning out what types of outfits she wants to buy for her nephew-to-be.

9. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Just to affirm my stance, I really like Asa. I am also working on getting a Fist onesie made up on CafePress, just because that would be insanely cool. :)

10. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    If your child wore a Fist t-shirt, I would...well, I don't know what I would do, but you would be the best.

That's not saying you already aren't of course. ;)

11. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Congratulations! Two members in our fanforce chapter just had baby boys within one month of each other.

12. darkknight_152002

darkknight_152002 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 2, 2003
    "The Force is strong with this one." -Lord Vader, ANH

Congraulations, GentleBant!

:)

13. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Thank you all. :~) We're getting more and more excited. But, we can wait 4 more months for the little one to finish getting "all growed up" and big and strong like his daddy. :~)

I've sort of made a haphazard decision to make this my "baby news thread," so if you don't want to hear it, don't read after this. :~)

"Mother-to-be log, 1/10/04" :~D
    Went bedding and stroller shopping today. Purpose: to register for some things, since a combo work baby shower (another coworker is 2 months "ahead" of me, so I get mine early) is in a few weeks. Did online browsing, then we went to Target, Baby Depot (Burlington Coat Factory), and Babies R Us. :~) Overwhelming, but fun. Lots of hmmming and hawwwwing about bed sets. Need it to be "boyish" but potentially workable for a future baby girl. Settled on Whirligig, cute bugs and butterflies and snails and turtles set. Mr. GB enjoyed playing with the scanner gun, and in comparing the sturdiness, weight, and ease of use of strollers, as well as drooling over the all-terrain tough, manly looking jogger models. :~) Also, started checking out crib models at the request of the baby's grandfather. :~) GB, meanwhile, is finding herself melting over little baby jumpers and onesies and caps, but so far has resisted buying anything. (We'll keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best on this!)

End log entry. ;~)

14. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Wow, you're enjoying it already! Sounds like fun. :D

15. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    That's the coolest thing I've read in awhile GB, keep them coming!! :D

16. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    "Mother-to-be log, 1/15/04"

AAAAACCCCKKKKK! :~) Ok, got that out of my system.

Back at aschool = ick. :~) but, I'll do my best, give what I can, and do what I can to prepare these kiddos for what's coming up.

Block schedule yesterday and today...and today is nuts.

Going to have to be careful...starting to get those early contractions they talk about (they last for about the last 3 months or so...) but really pick up when on your feet all day or whatever. Well, that's yesterday and today...got a lot better when I finally got to lay down yesterday. Unfortunately, I'm going to meetings today and all kinds of stuff, so I won't even really be home tonight until after 9. <pity party>

We do, however, go to a prenatal class tonight. After this series of classes, we do birthing classes, then after THAT we do Baby Care Basics. :~) Weehee!

I think the baby was happy when I finally rested a little while...he went nuts! :~D I'm definitely getting a fixation with resting my hands on my belly, feeling for movements and watching things jump around. :~) Of course, I'm also starting to SPILL things all over my belly too....it's like this shelf that catches or brushes up against everything!

17. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Ok, folks.....I'm going to be scarce (even more) for a while.

Doc's visit yesterday made it official...I've got pre-eclampsia, so it's total bed rest for me. Blood pressure, swelling, etc., and conditions in the womb are starting to plateau or slightly downturn, so...

Additionally, in order to head off worries about potential problems for me and for the baby, we're going to be induced late next week, so I'm outta' here completely for a while starting mid-week.

Y'all seem to be doing fine together (I'm bummed I missed you all on Wednesday!) and I look forward to talking to you all again "after."

I'll get the Mr. to post news when our little guy makes his appearance, just so you know what's going on. See you more on the "other side" of baby! (Of course, I'll be around a little for a couple more days, yet.) :~D

Miss you!

18. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    Good Luck!

19. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    I'll be thinking of you GB. Don't forget the bacta...

20. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Stay healthy, good luck!

21. aurra_sing27

aurra_sing27 Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2004
    lots of congratulations GB raise him well

22. Zaranne

Zaranne Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    [face_shocked}

I'm never gonna get that blanket done...

But here's to you having a beautiful, healthy, bouncing baby boy!!!

23. HandmaidenAnde

HandmaidenAnde Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    Hello everyone. I'm sorry for intruding on your FF, but I have happy news. I just received a phonecall from Mr. GentleBant who was pleased to let me know that he and GB are now the proud parents of a healthy baby boy!

Noah Takao was born last evening at 5:35 p.m. Everything went well, and mother and baby are doing fine. Baby GentleBant has was 5lbs 13 ozs, 19 1/2 inches long, and has lots of dark hair. He's being stubborn about keeping is eyes open for too long, so eye color is yet to be determined.

GentleBant sends her greetings and wanted everyone to know she's doing fine and will be back when the baby lets her. (I'm guessing that to be around kindergarten. ;))

Andé

24. OpheliaRedgrave

OpheliaRedgrave Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2004
    Yay! And on Marma's birthday...So glad everything went fine. Congrats. And welcome to Noah.

25. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    I thought Matt's birthday was today?

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY

Congrats, GB!!!!!!!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.