main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Boy were they wrong!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Doctor Cornelius Evazan, May 2, 2013.

1. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    At the end of the day, opinions are simply opinions. And these opinions in particular, are bad ones.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  2. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    30 years from now, the PT will be as universally loved as the OT is

Seagoat and Dredalus like this.
  3. Samuel Vimes

Samuel Vimes Force Ghost star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    Yes some didn't like and some did, as it is with most films. Few films are hated by every critic and fewer still are loved by every critic.
    So Lucas is a bit inaccurate when he says that the critics have never liked his films. Some didn't to be sure but there are many that did and still do.

Bye for now.
    Blackboard Monitor

Dredalus and darth ladnar like this.
  4. Samuel Vimes

Samuel Vimes Force Ghost star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    First, ANH was very well recieved when it opened in 1977. Were there some critics that didn't like it? Sure. But the large majority did like it and quite many totally loved it. It gor many rave reviews, won loads of awards from various grups and was nominated for even more.
    If the ST is recived like ANH then it will be met with many raves reviews and HUGE BO.

Second, I would not say that the OT is universally loved. There are some that don't care for any of it. Of those that do like SW, many rank RotJ less high than ANH/ESB. And that ranking have existed for at least two decades now. So I don't think that is going to change anytime soon.

Third, about the PT. I agree that the intense and at times frankly overly hostile, dislike of the PT have faded away somewhat.
    But still I don't see much evidence that large segments of the viewing public have changed their minds in a huge way when it comes to these films. They are overal liked and they have been that since they were released.
    Ex. the 3D re-release of TPM did well but it wasn't huge in the US. It looks like the Jurrasic Park 3D re-release will outgross it in the US.
    And it has been almost 15 years since TPM was released. The SE re-release of the OT was 20, 17 and 14 years after each films original release.

When TPM is showed in TV, which happens from time to time, the reviews by the TV critic is positive but often 3 stars of five.

Bye for now.
    Old Stoneface

Jarren_Lee-Saber and Dredalus like this.
  5. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005
    Pretty much. I would have missed out on several movies that I really liked if I had based my going to see them or not what other people thought of them. There are some movies out there that a lot of people really liked that I hated. So I base it on my personal opinion when I see the preview of new movies.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  6. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    The question is, how many years must pass until that TV critic review increases to an average of 4/5? 4.5? Or the score it deserves, 5/5? :)