main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Boyega teases a possible Poe-Finn romance

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ghost, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    John Boyega Teases Finn & Poe Romance In Star Wars 8

http://news.yahoo.com/john-boyega-teases-finn-poe-romance-in-star-wars-215837824.html

2. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Go for it. It'll be really funny to see fundamentalists work themselves into a frothing rage over it.

3. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I would be Ok with It !!!!!!

4. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    I don't think its going to happen but why not? I quite like watching some people squirm [face_laugh]

Darkspellmaster and Darth_Corvus like this.
  5. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    JUST DO IT, DISNEY! MAKE MY DREAM COME TRUE! [face_love]

6. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    It would be funny to see people's reactions, but when it comes down to the nitty gritty of it, I really don't think Disney would have the balls.

7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I can see it sort of becoming a running gag but I highly doubt a full on Poe Finn romance would happen. But I expect a lot of knowing looks, hugs, and nods between them.

Poe, in a way, is kind of a father figure to Finn since he named the guy. Closest thing he's got anyway!

8. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    It could work. The actors in question have great chemistry. Perhaps there'd be some ambiguously sexual tension in 8 that pays off with a "heat of the moment" kiss near the end of 9.

9. Marshall132

Marshall132 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 26, 2015

It would just be another thing for me to feel weird about because of the gap in ages. I really dislike when romantic partners are really far apart in age unless the character in story has a reason for being that young looking ( Like being an alien or Being Wonder Woman). I think I can get past that If they were to do a romance between finn and Poe but It would kinda squick me the same as they are so far apart in age. On screen I like my romantic pairs to be within 5 years of each other so it they don't feel like a whole generation apart to me.

AmySolo likes this.
  10. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Both main romances in Star Wars so far have had a bit of an age gap. Anakin and Padme were five years apart, and Han was anywhere between ten and thirteen years older than Leia.

11. Diddy Minty

Diddy Minty Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2016
    If a children's show like Doctor Who can create a popular character like Captain Jack Harkness (who is pansexual but mostly portrayed on screen in same-sex relationships) then why can't Star Wars have a same-sex couple? It doesn't have to be explicit. Yes, it's a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, but still... It's not the flipping dark ages!

panki and Yora like this.
  12. Marshall132

Dec 26, 2015

The 80's had a really different standard XD I kinda want a modern star wars to have people of all ages but make sure not to do the Old Hollywood Old Person with Super young person as a Love Interest.

Its one of the Reasons I don't like Kylo Ren and Rey Pairing and the Main Reason I don't Like the Poe and Rey Pairing.

13. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    It could work! I'd certainly support and defend it, if it was executed well. Though I doubt Disney/ Lucasfilm would have the cojones to follow through with it (no pun intended). Too many huge international markets to conquer, and there's a lot of homophobia out there.

14. Marshall132

Dec 26, 2015

True, also I would have wanted to have more build up in TFA if they are going for Finn and Poe romance. That is another Quibble I have about it really if just going to have to burn through alot of romantic stuff to sell the audience on them being into each other outside of a Bromance. Also They kinda messed up by giving him and rey ambiguous moments. Well Unless We going OT3 in here With Poe-Finn-Rey being the new pairing of star wars.

15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I thought one of the actors said that this wasn't going to happen?
    It would be awesome to see this happen anyway.

16. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Good point. Especially with their major ground expansions with parks being built all over the place these days. Does anyone know if Disney has Gay Day at any of their international parks?

17. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    disregard

Darth Smurf likes this.
  18. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    Finn literally hit on Rey in the movie multiple times and it was clear he had a thing for her. Come on people, don't let your social fight get in the way of what was clearly shown.

19. Darth Marth

Darth Marth Jedi Youngling

Jan 9, 2016
    Finn/Poe shippers are probably going to take this as a confirmation of victory, but what else could he have said? If he shot it down and said it would never happen, he'd just open himself and Disney up to accusations of homophobia.

Of course, now he's "promised" it, so they'll get accused of queerbaiting when it inevitably doesn't happen, even though he didn't actually confirm anything. Damned either way I guess.

20. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    Well, he could still be in the closet in TFA, or simply be bi-sexual.

I really don't think LFL will do this, but that doesn't mean that it wouldn't be easy to explain if it did happen.

Yora and Force Smuggler like this.
  21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Jedistormpilot FTW.

IoJovi likes this.
  22. Elegant Weapon

Elegant Weapon Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2015

Eh, it won't happen anyway so no harm in people speculating. No worse than people going on about Snoke being Plagueis

23. Diddy Minty

Diddy Minty Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2016

For someone who was taken from his family as a baby and raised by the FO, he certainly wasn't backwards at coming forwards when it came to inquiring if Rey had a cute boyfriend! Perhaps the FO having a dating programme along with their scheduled brainwashing sessions.

There's a reason StormPilot has become so popular with fans. Those fans are reacting to what they saw on-screen too. Like it or not, and it probably will be portrayed as bromance, Finn and Poe have great chemistry together.

Darkspellmaster, BrehaSolo and Yora like this.
  24. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    I really don't think LFL will cave into shippers demands. They're not the CW. Plus I'd hate reading all the reactions on how "they're pushing an agenda" and "think of the children" all over message boards.

25. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    Yeah, but that's already happening with the casting of a black man and a white woman as leads. The best thing we can do is ignore those reactions, and accept that they are destined for the dustbin of history. And soon.