main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Brag About Your Car Here

Discussion in 'Community' started by Sarge, Nov 11, 2016.

1. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    I'm sure the insurance will total it. The major problem was that it was leaking trans fluid a little bit. Could be major or something might have shook loose. Have to take it in after I talk to his insurance agent on Monday.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Bummer. I hope it's repairable. How old is the car?

3. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    If that was before the accident, the adjuster may not take that into account.

They could repair it based on the amount from the estimate, leaving you to repair the leak later. If that does happen, try to file for loss compensation because of the value lost from the wreck. (I think that's what it is called, but I'm not 100% sure.) Do you know what is causing the leak?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    No the leak happened after the accident. It hasn't leaked since Saturday. Weird but most people who saw my car now think it will be totaled. I did talk to the agent of the guy that hit me. He took my recorded statement and needs to talk to his client that hit me. The insurance guy made it sound like they will total my car as well.

1998 Audi A4 1.8 T.

5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    The shop I ordered my new rims from says they won't be here until July 15. [face_waiting]

Iron_lord likes this.
  6. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    Well as long as your transmission is shifting fine and you have power steering (do Audi's use ATF in power steering like BMW?) then you're probably fine. Just check the fluids periodically.

That's getting on up there for car age. Did he give you any idea on the repair costs? What's the current value of the car?

7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Called the tire shop today and changed my order. They already had the 20x9 wheels and tires I wanted in front and were waiting for the 20x10s I wanted in back, so I asked them to order another pair of 20x9s instead. Those will get here in about a week. But I won't have that cool drag racer look with wider tires in the back. :(

Iron_lord likes this.
  8. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    There's something to be said for matching widths front to rear. Such as, you can actually rotate your tires front to rear.

I myself bought some Yokohama's just today for my Fusion. Just shy of 100k on the odometer, and the A/C whimpered out. Right before the Texas summer. I'll take a look at it and see what the deal is here tomorrow or this weekend, but I really hope I don't have to replace the compressor.

9. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Yeah, rotating tires is good, they'll last longer... But staggered setup=coolness!

Just ordered a tuner from Cobb. When it gets here, we'll see what electrons can do to make my car go faster.

Iron_lord likes this.
  10. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    I guess that's, to quote a YouTuber, "second kind of cool" for car guys. My 350Z would run through fronts faster than the rears most of the time.
    How much are guys pulling out of those EcoBoost Mustangs with tunes?

11. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    I'd rather brag about things I've done in cars

Darth Punk likes this.
  12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998

According to Ford, the Ecoboost makes 310hp stock with 93 octane gas. Tuners usually claim +30-40 hp, or more if you want to make it aggressive, plus quicker throttle response and more torque at higher rpm where the stock motor tends to fall on its face. The one I'm getting can also increase mileage in economy mode, which is how I justify it to my budget.

Iron_lord and jabberwalkie like this.
  13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    [face_dancing] Just sent in the last payment. As soon as the paperwork catches up, she's all mine!

Iron_lord and Juliet316 like this.
  14. SergeyX2017

SergeyX2017 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 14, 2017
    A few pics of wedding limos in Russia
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Soviet ZIL
    [​IMG]
    The likes of Brezhnev and Andropov and Gorbachev rode around in these back in the day. Now, you can rent one for your wedding, amazing lol

Lada
    [​IMG]

Moskvich
    [​IMG]

GAZ Volga, 50s/60s
    [​IMG]
    80s-onward
    [​IMG]

Ural truck
    [​IMG]
    lol

Sarge and Violent Violet Menace like this.
  15. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I wasn't allowed to test drive a McLaren 540c but, I did get to sit in one. They apologised about not doing test drives, but that's ok. I want a McLaren now. In the only colour you get a McLaren in.

16. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    SergeyX2017, I'm impressed. What those limos lack in taste, they make up in imagination.

17. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    Might it be safe to say that like they say about F1 cars being the best race car you'll ever drive, that a McLaren might be the best road car you'll ever drive? Well supercar at least.

18. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    It depends. The McLaren feels cramped inside, in terms of if you have two drivers it would be a bit busy in the cabin. But I've also heard from a few people who have driven them or at least one MP4-12C owner that there's a less visceral and more mechanical connection to the car. In that a Ferrari/Porsche/Aston/Lambo will gurgle and pop and roar, and the McLaren will not. Given it's an engineering firm first and foremost, it makes sense McLaren would instil that discipline and precision in their cars - but that may also detract from the experience.

19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Ford's design manager, Melvin Betancourt: “When we were designing the new 2018 Mustang, the team wanted to make the new model look more aggressive, and one place where we found inspiration was one of the most famous screenplay villains of all time. The angled nostrils and contours of Darth Vader’s mask became the inspiration for the Mustang’s new fog lamp scoops and front-end shape.”

[​IMG]

20. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    1987 Volkswagen. My grandfather used to own it, but he drives a newer car now.

21. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Emperor Ferus - is it a Golf? My 1985 one is still going strong.

22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    My mom is trading her 2011 VW turbodiesel for a new gasoline Golf. With the $5100 Canadian from the dirty diesel settlement and a generous trade-in from the dealer, she's paying less than $10,000 for it.

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    That's pretty good.

24. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    It's actually a Jetta but I've seen golfs too. They last pretty long.

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, mine hasn't realized it should have gone to automobile heaven years ago. I'm thinking of a Viking funeral for it when it finally does go. It's put in too much good service just to go to a scrapyard.

Sarge likes this.