main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Brag About Your Car Here

Discussion in 'Community' started by Sarge, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Leather covering up the plastic knee pads and A pillars. It was easier than I expected, once I figured out how the pillar covers come off.

[​IMG]

New badge on the grille. The cheap pony tribar emblem I got from amazon didn't weather well, so I'm trying a cheap USAF emblem that I got from amazon instead.

[​IMG]

I like the way the colors and patterns of the badge coordinate with my paint and stripes.

[​IMG]

2. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    ^

I like the USAF logo in centre of grille @Sarge :D

Iron_lord and Sarge like this.
  3. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I forgot to brag when I got my new car in May. It's the same blue color as Sarge's. Just more family oriented lol.

Sarge likes this.
  4. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    yeah this week I'll get the R-Line Tiguan. Bye bye to the fun car, until such a time as I get another.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Maybe around the time of your mid-life crisis. Seems to happen to a lot of men, from what I've seen in the UK press.

6. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I know this isn't the brag about your siblings' car thread, but my son got to drive their new Aston Martin Vanquish over the weekend. He was happy not to be the person to put the first scratch on it.
    [​IMG]

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Nice car! Must cost a small fortune to insure it, though.

8. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    no idea. It's so low to the ground. One Chicago pothole and you've got $10-20k in repairs.

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    It wouldn't last long here (UK) either. Lots of potholes, usually after the winter freeze and thaw.

10. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Went to my first car show today. Got a lot of questions and compliments.

My car drew more attention than the Porsche next to it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a gloriously ugly rat rod.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My car and a 79 Camaro, pointedly ignoring each other.
    [​IMG]

11. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Selling mine as the word turbo has a detrimental effect on my personality, and after 25 years with no speeding fines, it took me year to come very close to losing my licence not to mention the financial hardship. ;( husband growled 'it's not a freaking X Wing!'

Sent from my data pad in my private quarters.

Blobofat, Master_Rebado and Sarge like this.
  12. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    It's a 944 though, Sarge. The low point in Porsche history. It was sullying your car by being there.

13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IMO, the 944 was a big step up from the 924.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    But, it couldn't hold a candle to the 928...

15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I'm sure the 928 was awesome to drive, but I never liked the way it looked. 944 was much better looking, IMO.

16. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Replaced the factory PCV baffle plate with an aftermarket part that's supposed to leak a lot less boost. Also added a brace to the chassis just behind the front wheels. Got lots of grease under my fingernails today. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet, at least I didn't get any idiot lights when I started it afterwards.

Juliet316 likes this.
  17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    And I got my first idiot light today, 20 months into my ownership. My aftermarket engine tuner was plugged in, so I only had to push a couple of buttons to read the problem code: air leak between throttle body and intake valve. Popped the hood and saw that the hose clamp on my throttle body was loose. I had taken it off when I was swapping baffle plates the other day, so it was all my fault. 30 seconds with a screwdriver fixed it.

18. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Idiot light has been coming back intermittently, same problem code. I took off the intake manifold and throttle body, made sure all the seals and gaskets were clean and straight, put it all back together and double checked the torque on everything. I have a vented oil cap that I haven't installed yet; still trying to think through whether that would help the problem or make it worse.

19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Body shop is almost done. Carbon fiber hood, spoiler, and front fenders. When I get the stripes to match, it's gonna be killer.

[​IMG]

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Have you ever heard of such a thing as a "Good Will" warranty among local dealerships?

I bought my Challenger a little over 5 years ago brand new (still under 40K miles) and have been keeping up regular maintenance jobs at the dealership's service station over that span. Anyways only a few months ago I noticed a rust spot around the size of a quarter in between the driver's side door and the rear wheel. I haven't gotten into any accidents with the car, and that's what I told the owner of a local body shop a couple of weeks ago when I went for an estimate. He examined it and said to me he wouldn't even tell me how much it would be ("you don't want to know") but suggested going to the dealership (who referred me to him) and have them get a paint estimate for a car. According to him, they'd consider the fact that I bought the car new from them and maintained it regularly and might cover the cost of the repair work; calling it a Good Will Warranty.

21. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Never heard of it, but it makes sense that they'd try to keep a good customer happy. I wouldn't turn it down.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  22. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Yeah I figured the same thing. I had taken the day off from work on Monday and took my car to the service station of the dealer (the paint estimator is only there M - F), but there was a line of about a dozen cars ahead of me and I just lost patience and drove away. I'll just have to take another day off from work (probably in the middle of the week) and bring my car back early in the morning.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    In a similar vein, my Golf had something come loose on the exhaust in August. It was making a racket but the repair place I normally use couldn't take it til this past week due to being backlogged with work and people on holiday. (August is the normal vacation month here in the UK, especially if you have school age kids). They came & got it Tuesday afternoon. They had to replace a clamp and generally tighten everything up. Brought it back Wed around noon and didn't charge me anything as an apology for not being able to take it sooner.

Sarge likes this.
  24. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    That is possibly the greatest of all number plates.

I've never bought a personalised numberplate but then again I drive a 508 so it's not the sort of car that carries it well.

25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Carbon fiber strut tower brace, as stiff as the old steel one, and a fraction of the weight.

[​IMG]

And, stripes on the hood. I still haven't decided how I'm going to stripe the trunk and spoiler.

[​IMG]

GregMcP and Juliet316 like this.