main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Bragging rights

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Bleyd, Mar 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bleyd

Bleyd Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2002
    Has anyone seen this yet?

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/George_Meet_The_Vegas_501st_90444.asp

I'm still jazzed. I'm the one on the far right with the beard and messy hair.

2. Bleyd

Oct 30, 2002
    lol, oops! Left. I'm still learning my left and right.

3. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Very very cool.

4. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    perhaps the next time you have the opportunity to meet Lucas you could give the rest of us a heads up.

5. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
  6. Bleyd

Oct 30, 2002
    It was something the 501st was asked to do in utter secrecy. Even some of our own Garrison did not know about it until after the fact. Most of the organizing was done on the phone in case an E-mail were to get sent to the wrong person.

We are planning on doing other things in the VERY near future and is probably a good time to see how many out there have screen accurate costumes? This is the part that usually upsets folks. Lately our "official" troops have been for plain white stormtroopers.

Dates to keep open? April 1st and 2nd.
    Mid-May (Ep3 premier week.)

tk002@neoncitygarrison.com is my addy.

If you're interested please feel free to contact me.

7. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    That's awesome, Bleyd. Too bad I'm over in New Mexico. I'm in the process of joining the Mountain Garrison, and I don't know of anything planned down our way. :(

8. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Yeah I knew it had to be a "secret thing" asked by LFL for the local 501st to get involved with these kind of events. So only members with the clean Stormie costumes were allowed to attend. No Sandtroopers or Royal Guards. But still very cool and my congratulations to all of you lucky bastards that got to go ShoWest.

Where will you guys be for the April 2-3 Midnight Madness thing? For the EPIII Midnight Premiere will you be at Neonopolis?

Again, don't have the means for a costume but was curious if you all body molded and fiber casted your outfits yourselves? The helmets would've been bought from Master Replicas, Don Post or someplace like that. I was thinking about saving up for the MR EPIII Clone Trooper helmet for starters. To eventually build me an ARC Trooper costume.

9. Starr_Saberblade

Starr_Saberblade Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2004
    omg... so lucky... you met ... *sighs*

10. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    Yeah, that was very cool that the chosen few Garrison memebers got that once in a lifetime experience. George Lucas, ShoWest, etc. Was it televised, Bleyd? 501st Neon City Garrison representing!

11. Bleyd

Oct 30, 2002
    We were asked to do something with Walmart but that was so unorganized we're not doing it and plan to do midnite madness with TRU if they contact us. (Been leaving messages for 2 weeks with no response.) If anyone is interested in helping with that feel free to contact me.

As for the armor it is not a don post but if you have any questions about it feel free to contact me.

tk002@neoncitygarrison.com

Only stormtroopers were requested for this. The Vader was brought from the Ranch via ILM. (personally I think our Vader's costume looks better, lol)
    The 2 in the Imp jumpsuits were a VERY last minute detail in case Vader was to fall from the stairs coming down. (That alone was a very big contraversy within our Garrison and I feel bad not everyone could participate.)

BTW, does anyone have an X-wing pilot costume?

12. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    I'm still very much interested in getting a Stormtrooper outfit made. Armor F/X seems to be the popular armorer? I don't think I'll have one ready for Midnight Madness but hopefully for the EPIII premiere maybe.

ILM has their own group of costumed folk? I'd have thought that you guys would've covered Vader as I do remember seeing the story in Neon. I agree your Vader guy is much better.

I got second thoughts on the EPIII ARC trooper I planned on doing. It would be major hard work and very expensive. The pretty MR EPIII clonetrooper helmet would be more for show than wear so I'll keep my $300 bucks. Even the firearms(2 sidearm pistol and 1 blaster rifle) would take some work. I wouldn't want it to look like all the other 501 guys' attempts at an ARC trooper, lol :D

13. Bleyd

Oct 30, 2002
    From what I heard, we made CNN and a quick clip on Access Hollywood. A few of us did a quick bit for "Lights Camera Action!" Not sure if that will make it on the show, however.

As for armor. I have been looking at the clone trooper stuff. Particularly the Clone Commando costumes like in the video games. Those guys look bad@$$ all geared up and as stalky as I am the suit wont look as freakish on me.

14. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    That would been great to have seen you guys do that famous "Lights, Camera, Access!" intro for the opening of Access Hollywood :D

Yes, the RepComms armor look awesome alright! I'd also love to get a set of armor of one of those. They look easier to do than an ARC Trooper or Clone Commander. I love the game. Got it on XBOX. Hope to meet Temeura Morrison at CIII. He's confirmed to be there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.