main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Braid

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Valyn, Apr 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I just tried the demo yesterday and it was actually pretty interesting. My question is whether the game is really worth the purchase price, though?

2. Master_Chief

Master_Chief Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2003
    Wait 'til it's on sale again. I picked it up when it was a third off or something.

3. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Awesome.

I guess I should download Portal instead then? Or is Portal cheaper if you buy it with the Orange Box?

4. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Portal by itself goes for $20 I think. The whole Orange Box usually goes for 40-50 and you get Half-Life 2, both expansions, and Team Fortress 2 (the best part of TOB) as well. Definitely go with The Orange Box.

5. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I'm pretty sure I saw a new copy of The Orange Box for $20 at GameStop the other day.

But anyway, I enjoyed the Braid demo as well. I'll probably buy the full game soon.

6. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    You're definitely better off buying The Orange Box. With that you get Portal (Yahtzee would definitely call this one "Best. Game. Ever."), plus Half: Life 2 (the one shooter I will admit IS better than all Halos combined) and the two follow up episodes that have been released so far. Plus this little team based shotter called Team Fortress 2. And most new or used copies can be found at under $20 on your local GameStop.

As for Braid, I bought it. It's a twister of a game, really. It pays homage to classic platformers but it's something altogether different. I admit that I'm stumped on world three and haven't touched the game in months... :(

7. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    The final level of Braid was one of the most awesome twists ever, but you still don't really know what the story was about. But that's a good thing, it makes you think about all the little details in the game to piece it together.

I love the puzzles, some of them seem to impossible but if you stop thinking too hard and finally get it, you wonder how you could have been so dumb not to get it straight away. :oops:

8. Asterix_of_Gaul

Asterix_of_Gaul Jedi Master star 5

Sep 13, 2007
    Zac, but did you find all the stars?

9. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Stars?

10. Asterix_of_Gaul

Asterix_of_Gaul Jedi Master star 5

Sep 13, 2007
    MWAHAHAHAHA!

Remember at the very beginning of the game--before you enter the house? There are spaces in the night sky that are to be filled with stars. Each level has one of these stars (which are incredibly hard to get). If you get them all, you get the complete ending. That's all I'll say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.