main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Brains- a KOTOR/Blue Side Zombiefic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Commander-DWH, Oct 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Heh. Heh. Braaaaaiiins.

This is so completely the product of midterms (which is why Blue Side hasn't been updated- midterms came very close to killing me this semester). But now I'm on break! So I can write about things like zombies. :D

Title: Brains
    Author: DWH
    Genre: braaaaiiins, midterm death
    Timeframe: KOTOR 1, in transit between Kashyyyk and Tatooine
    Characters: Aiden Star, Bastila Shan, Carth Onasi, Leiraya Moran, and chorus of Zombies
    Summary: the KOTOR crew has to make an emergency refueling stop on a university planet, craziness ensues.
    Notes: Originally concieved for the "Jeepers Creepers!" challenge @ KOTOR Fan Media.

?Aiden, I think we might have a problem.?

?You know, Bas, I really hate it when you say that.?

?Be that as it may, we still have a problem.?

Aiden sighed. ?As we always do. What?s the emergency this time??

?We?re running low on fuel,? Bastila stated simply. ?We?re not going to make it to Tatooine with the fuel we have, so we need to land somewhere.?

?Can?t we just go back to that space station on Yavin that we found??

?Aiden, if you spent half as much time looking at the charts as you do with that lightsaber of yours, you?d know that Yavin is twice as far away from Tatooine as we are now, and in the opposite direction.?

?Oh.? He was silent for a moment, then strode towards the cockpit. ?Carth??

?I?m trying to find a planet close enough, that?s not under Sith control for us to land.? His fingers flew deftly over the keypad, searching through nearby systems. After several moments had passed, he pointed. ?Here.?

Aiden squinted at the screen. ?Overlan??

?It?s an unaffiliated planet. Completely occupied by a private university.?

Bastila frowned. ?Won?t it look suspicious if we land? We are not, after all, scholars of any type.?

Carth shrugged. ?Maybe one of us has a kid who?s thinking of attending there.?

Bastila caught the sly grin on Aiden?s face, and immediately protested. ?Oh, no you don?t. I am not your wife, I am not going to pretend to be your wife, and in any case, I wouldn?t believe me if I said I was old enough to have a child entering university.?

?She?s right, you know.?

?Oh, fine. You be the parent.? Aiden stretched nonchalantly. ?I?ll just be the peon who works on your ship.?

?Sounds like a plan. Why don?t you go fill in Mission, Zaalbar, Leiraya and Jolee??

?Will do.? Aiden turned and left the cockpit grinning. He?d been to university at one time, back on Deralia. It was, as he remembered, quite a bit of fun. Well, except for those tests and papers, but that was another story. Either way, it would be entertaining to see one again.

It was night when they landed in Boulder Wilde, the capital city of Overlan. The admissions officer they?d been redirected to had been most enthusiastic about their deciding to visit, and pointed them towards the main spaceport with promises of a campus tour in the morning.

Late as it was, Leiraya felt it necessary to get off the ship for a while. She?d tried meditating to clear her head, but the planet was buzzing with insane levels of anxiety. It was, she suspected, either midterms or finals week. Either that, or these kids were being put through inhuman amounts of work.

The campus was relatively well-lit, but all the nervous feedback was putting her on edge. She could see a park in the distance, however, so she headed in that general direction. It seemed odd that nobody else was out, as it wasn?t all that late, but if her suspicions were correct, everyone was probably inside studying.

Yeah, that?s right. Studying.

Moving along, trying not to look like she was unfamiliar with the area, the only sound was the padding of her bare feet on the sidewalks.

That is, until a guttural scream cut through the night.

It was all she could do not to jump out of her skin right there. She froze, unsure of what exactly to do, or what would make such a noise. Her curiosity was satisfied wh

2. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    BRraaaiiinnnsss... All I could think was, Ryan Kaufman would love this fic. If you don't know, he's apparently obsessed with zombies... :p

I like the concept. And, I can completely understand how midterms would do that to your brain. ;) They do it to mine as well.

I think the humor was my favorite part - subtle, but effective.

Anyway, my brain's dead now, what with that long post I just made on Revan, and I have some differential equations to work out, so... I'll be back to read your other stuff later when I have more time. But this definitely got me into reading your stuff. 'Twas good!

- Keralys

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    That was great!!! As bad as they are, I cannot help but watch zombie movies and this was a delightful send up of them. I will admit thinking drats, when it turn our to be only kids playing. Darn lucky they don't get killed with a game like that. LOL

4. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    KOTOR + ZOMBIES= BRILLIANT! :D

it'd be great if there was a zombie hunting mini game in kotor 3! kinda like the ape escape mini game in metal gear 3!

always nice to see more blue side stuff...
    too bad about the midterms.. good luck with those! the only GOOD part of them is they partly inspire you to write stuff like this! (the logic fairy thing was great too...)

5. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    BRRAAAAAIIIIIINNNSSSS.

That was funny to put KOTOR and Night of the Living Dead together was quite ingenious of you.:p

6. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    BRAAAAAIIIINS!!!

:p

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. That was so funny! I loved it! [face_laugh]

7. Commander-DWH

Nov 3, 2003
    Master_Keralys: The math department and I parted ways about a year ago, and I haven't regretted it. :p I definitely stopped at Linear Algebra, since it's all I need for the CS major. But I know exactly how you feel. Thanks for reading in spite of it. :D

Healer_Leona: Yeah, sorry to disappoint. If we could've had real zombies when we played, that would've been immensely amusing. As it is, we're hoping the police logs list a deisturbance by a large group of zombies. Because that would rock. However, burned-out college kids is as close as I have to zombies, so they'll have to suffice. :p

obi_webb: Hmm, maybe once I get a hang of this animation/modeling thing, I should make a mod for a zombie minigame in KOTOR...[face_thinking] And fear not, chapter seven of Blue Side has been sent to the beta for approval, and chapter eight is in progress. Hopefully I can update before the week is out, but it's in her court now.

JEDI_TEEGIRLOO: Why, thank you. Now I only need to decide if a slightly revised version of this needs to make it into the main narrative, or if this is going to be filed away with Blue Side of the Farce...

amidalachick: Bah! Resisting is for pansies. Yell for your brains with pride! :p I'm glad you enjoyed, and thanks for reading!

8. Crazydan

Crazydan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2005
    Nice story. Funny, I do feels like a zombie after all these midterm exams. Man, I still can't believes I didn't fail that Philosophy midterm multiple choice exam.

One question: How do you play the Zombie capture the flag game? Since I'm tempted to try that game out.

9. Lovely-in-Orange

Lovely-in-Orange Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2005
    Brraaaaiiiiinnnnnnnssssss! Hee that was very funny.

10. Commander-DWH

Nov 3, 2003
    Lovely-in-Orange: Thank you! I like people who can appreciate my warped sense of humour. :p

Crazydan: Okay, Zombie Capture the Flag is quite simple. It's like normal capture the flag (two teams, flags to be captured, capturing members of the opposite team while they're in your camp, etc) except with one major change: it starts out with two zombies. The zombies can go anywhere. And if you're caught by a zombie, you have to lie down on the ground for 10 seconds, and then when you stand up, you're a zombie. You're not entirely defenseless; balls of socks can be thrown at a zombie, and then that zombie will have be down for 10 seconds, enough to get out of the area. Also, if you're playing outdoors, you can have grenades, a.k.a. water balloons. If one of these hits a zombie, then all zombies within five feet of impact have to lie down for thirty seconds. The game is over when either a) one of the teams manages to capture the other team's flag, or b) everyone is a zombie. It's a lot like sharks and minnows, except not in the water, and with zombies. :D

This is, of course, copyright the Oberlin College Capture the Flag ExCo. Happy playing!

11. the_wandering_shadow

the_wandering_shadow Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2005
    It is wrong to think this was hilarious?

I enjoyed this quite a bit and will be reading your Dueling Circle entry later on today.

12. Darth_Pixel

Darth_Pixel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    Maybe I'm demented, but I loved that. Very funny. Land of the Dead kept popping intoi my head cause I saw it last night.

Great job Padawan!

13. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    Zombies misunderstood minority? or Protein Deficient Delinquents?
    Comments at 2043...

Nothing turns people into leg dragging zombies faster than mid-terms.

The lead creature, a figure with multiple gashes across his face, deactivated a field from his belt, revealing a young man, scruffy and smiling sheepishly. ?Sorry, officers.? [face_laugh]
    I was wondering how you were going to get your crew out of the zombie tangle.

Excellent fic!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.