main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Colum, OH Brand new exhibit: STAR WARS: WHERE SCIENCE MEETS IMAGINATION.

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by markexpcols, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I've heard COSI tickets are set for a specific time of day. If we can set a day, get a headcount from each of the groups (collecting $ before hand would be smart) can you guys buy a BIG block of tickets..possibly get a group rate?

If we can get Columbus, JKOC, SWAP, (maybe) Toledo, Dayton and Cincy in on this...reserving one of those pavillions should be a breeze. Otherwise, All-Ohio at Mongolian BBQ? :eek: oh THAT'd be soemthing to witness.

2. darthgwen

darthgwen Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2005
    I will go ahead and call the reservation number tomorrow and see if July 29th is even available. And then we can decide from there. Highbanks is a really nice park, (I go hiking there fairly often) and its a little easier to access then Darby Creek.

3. DarthFloyd

DarthFloyd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    But...but...but Darby is so full of memories...like the Black Knight scene...and me defending Columbus Pride...:_|

4. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Darby has been bery-bery good to me! (all of us) But if it means getting an insane amount of people down there for the All-Ohio (plus SWAP?) cookout...change can be a good thing.

5. Darth_William

Darth_William Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 4, 2002
    Only 3 days to go to the Midnight Opening!! CJ and I will be lining up early
    to get in (who'd a thunk it!!) & those who have tix are welcome to join us on Friday evening! The exhibit is timed for entrance and the 12:30 AM 1st entry tickets are now sold out, but they still have some available all night every 15 minutes starting at 12:45 AM.
    COSI has been posting great pix in their Star Wars Exhibit On-line Journal/Blog almost daily right here:COSI STAR WARS EXHIBIT BLOG

Looks fantastic!!

Hope to see some of you guys Friday night!

6. MCSheeky

MCSheeky Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2006
    Hey guys. I live up in Minneapolis, MN, and I am driving down for the midnight opening. Yeah, it is coming here in a couple years, but I couldn't wait any longer. I was just wondering how early people are going to start showing up. We're not looking to be first in or anything, just wondering if you guys were going to be hanging out early, we'd love to come meet some fellow fans!

7. DarthFloyd

Jan 29, 2002
    I plan on getting there approx 6pm, wearing the under portions(most likely) of my costume(yes that includes a shirt and the pants, possibly the boots...no point in putting the rest on til about 9 pm, when it starts getting darker, and coincidentally, cooler.

Hopefully, we'll be among the first.

8. DarthFloyd

Jan 29, 2002
    Less than 15 hrs!!!

9. Darth_William

Darth_William Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 4, 2002
    WOO-HOO!! Hope we are (one of) the 1st ones there!, but I hear they are expecting 1000 people tonight!!! Hope we make it to the front anyways!!

[face_dancing]

10. DarthFloyd

Jan 29, 2002
    Oi, Bill. Looks like they took a pic of me while you were in the bathroom!!! My friend Anderson was with me watching that girl from Cinci on the Seque, and it's up on the blog. I'm real pissed cuz it says the first people in line were these two old people...jerks!!! As if we weren't there at 7 oclock!

11. Jo-Nich

Jo-Nich Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 25, 2005
    [image=http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/3627/146guestsegway1gp.jpg]

12. RancorBreath

RancorBreath Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2004
    Hello all-

I would like to come out from Bloomington, Indiana to visit the exhibit, and I was hoping those who have seen it could give me some pointers--

I have two little kids and am trying to decide how to deal with the timed reservations. Appproximately how long does it take to see the exhibit normally?

I understand there are other attractions (Falcon cockpit, etc.). What is the average wait time and cost for that?

Is there any chance of getting tickets once I get there, or should I expect they will be sold out for a given day?

If anyone has younger kids, how long does the rest of the museum take--will this be a day-long family event?

I am considering trying to have my wife watch the kids in the rest of the museum while I hit Star Wars, then I watch them while she sees it, but reserving in advance makes this a little tricky to pull off. Thanks in advance to anyone who can guide me--any other useful tips about the museum or the area would be great, too--thanks!

CN

13. Jo-Nich

Jo-Nich Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 25, 2005
    From what I have discovered, the Star Wars exhibit is a separate cost from the actual COSI museum...so you may want to buy admission to both to keep the kids interested.

The "timed exhibit" is only to let people in at timed intervals. From what the COSI rep told me on the phone, they said that once in the exhibit, you can take as long as you like. Also, from what I understand, the Falcon cockpit is just part of the exhibit and not a separate cost.

Your BEST bet would be to call COSI and ask the staff your questions:

Info & Reservations: 614.228.COSI (Mon-Sat, 9-4pm)
    Toll-free: 888.819.2674 (Mon-Sat, 9-4pm)

14. spideyguy0

spideyguy0 Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2005
    Can anyone who's seen the exhibit comment at all on the 4 manned carts in the exhibit. These are the carts dealing with levitation, robotics, prosthetics, and a trivia cart. I'm very curious about how these carts are being used, and how interaction between the visitor and the person managing the cart is being handled.

15. DarthFloyd

Jan 29, 2002
    I don't think they were manned by anyone on friday (unless you mean manned as in participants). They looked pretty cool, but we were rushed out to the jeremy bulloch auto session, so we only really got to look at the props and the falcon presentation. I still want to go play with these displays, and see the droid theater, and for $3 per visit, I'm more than willing to go once a week til summer lets out (though I have to remember, $3 to park during the week, $4 on the weekend...).

16. spideyguy0

spideyguy0 Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2005
    Well, if anyone else who sees the exhibit notices anything else, please post it. I was one of the people who staffed the carts back in Boston, and I'm just curious about how its being handled here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.