main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Brand New Glendale Member!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Dantrag_Thorn, Dec 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dantrag_Thorn

Dantrag_Thorn Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2002
    Hi everyone!!!
    I'm a brand new member who needs some help not only navigating and utilizing this site but also finding and meeting up with local fans to have good times celebrating this fandom we call Star Wars. Not to mention I'm a huge Lord of the Rings buff and love SciFi and fantasy in general. I'm a 25 year old guy and I've been in LA for a little over two years working as a special effects artist/animator for television, and I would love some help establishing a cool social circle other than co-workers. Thanks to any who can and are willing to help out a fellow fan.
    Dantrag Thorn
    PisceanAnimator@yahoo.com

2. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Hello to you :)

3. Nala_Alturi

Nala_Alturi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 16, 2002
  4. Dantrag_Thorn

Dec 7, 2002
    Thanks for the welcome. Can anyone fill me in on the activities the local chapter or groups do together? Thanks.

5. TIE1138

TIE1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    Welcome aboard, Dantrag_Thorn!!! :D

I'm from Glendale too...........born and raised.

We seem to be a little unsure about the next meeting as far as the details go, but according to plans, we are all going to the Star Wars in 30 Minutes play in a couple of weekends from now. You can check the thread for updates here.

Can't wait to meet ya. :)

6. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Hiya Dan...I work in Glendale, and live close by.

Welcome to the group.

7. Silent_Bob_West

Silent_Bob_West Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2002
    I'm in Glendale too. Welcome to Fan Force. Lets start a trading card or a RPG game here. Oh and FYI, The Game Keeper at Glendale Galleria Sucks. Don't buy Trading cards or any gaming stuff there. There may be enough of us to start either a Glendale or Burbank/Glendale/Pasadena subgroup of L.A fan Force. Lets all meet at the Shakey's on Glendale Blvd someday.

8. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Although I live in Studio City, I work in Glendale, and although I've missed the past few meetings (and will most likely miss the next :( ) I'd love to do something "locally." Sorry to all the LAFF-ers, but distance is really an issue for me with my lifestyle (small child). That's why I can only seem to get to East Valley fan force events. Anyway....WELCOME! LAFF-ers ARE the best! Cheers, JediBith

9. Dantrag_Thorn

Dec 7, 2002
    I'm up for a meeting at Shakeys or Chuy's or something like that. Anybody around this weekend?

10. TIE1138

Apr 3, 2002
    I'm definately up for that. I'd say Chuey's is a great idea (I'd probably be there anyways), and so is Shakey's. It can be the LAFF - Glendale area division.

11. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    I work almost across the street from Chuy's.

Hey we could do the Chuy's lunch buffet or after work sometime. Maybe some time during the up coming holidays. I have a few days off between Christmas and New Years.

12. Silent_Bob_West

Silent_Bob_West Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2002
    This aturday would not be god because that is the day the L.A. Fan Force is going to see SW30 at the Coronet

13. TIE1138

Apr 3, 2002
    Hmmm, but then again.......we don't meet till 8ish ?[face_plain]

14. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    If I were still in college, I would say:
    Lets meet at Chuy's, pound beers for two hours and drive to the meeting together!

That's for you Tie1138!! Ah, the days of being young. I don't do the role playing games/ card games, but will gladly meet in Glendale/ Studio/ Sherman Oaks...etc. I work in Glendale.

If anyone from 818 needs a ride Saturday, e-mail me. MarshallNaiman@yahoo.com (I live in Sherman Oaks)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.