main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp BRAND NEW SPIFFY COLLECTING FINDS

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Baron_Soontir_Fel, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jediscar

jediscar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2007
    How old are your kids? Mine are 4 and 5 1/2. They have loved getting outside every day this week...

2. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    DO NOT use Super glue on your models.

It leaves white and yellow stains on the plastic. The chemical in the glue is to hard. I'd start by checking your local phone book for a model shop ner by. You can all so sometime from model glue at the local dollar store.

That's is were I find mine. Best part is... it a dollar. lol Best of luck on finding the glue. Hey if you do ever get a chance to meet up with the group. I'll be sure to bring you a couple tubes. IF I know you'll be there. lol

SeeYa,
    TK

Everyone have a great meeting Sunday!! All so if anyone can or would like to the invite is still out for my place Saturday night. Pizza, drink...ect. With movie. Plus I'll be doing my new model and working on the suit. Your more than welcome to come by. Later!

3. flightmech73

flightmech73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 5, 2007
    In my opinion that regular model glue isn't worth the tube its put in. Its messy and if you put too much wich is real easy it warps the plastic. The chemical in model glue melts and bonds the plastic. Which technically is what you want but its just as good to stick em together. oh yeah and it also yellows in time. Ive never had a problem with super glue. Plus i usually bondo the seams and put tons of paint over it anyway. So I never see that. The one thing ya gata watch out with super glue though is if you have clear parts like cockpit canopies or windows it could fog them up. Most of the models on my photo bucket are super glued so check it out. Well theres my 2 cents.

4. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    I would love to come over on Saturday, TK, but we are having company from out of town Saturday night until Sunday morning...figures. I could really use the break from being home with the fam...especialy with my in-laws arriving Sunday night on top of it.

5. PRINCESSVADER73

PRINCESSVADER73 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2008
    OK, guys, I'll do half in model glue and half with super glue!!lol But seriously, I was supposed to paint AFTER I glued it. The boy will not be pleased if it is not PERFECT. I swear, the child has a future at ILM. I ust hope he likes his Death Star cake. I just finished it, and is it after 12 yet? Well, it must be somewhere....and yes it is!

6. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    I remember my mom making me a R2-D2 cake and a yoda cake for birthdays when I was a kid....ahh the good old days. now I have to bake my own cake :_|

7. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    You'll have to invite us to his next star wars party, so we can all wear our costumes!

8. PRINCESSVADER73

Apr 16, 2008
    I saw the R2 pan on ebay. I figured a way to do it w/o the shape. We don't have costumes tomorrow, though. He and I would probably do it, and his sister. His friends aren't into it as much. Dad either. I actually had Dad ask me who Padme was today...If there is anything left, I'll freeze the cake and save it for you guys. Then it will be a Death Star II cake...I will cut it accordingly. I'll actually put the bday boy in charge.

9. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    My mom made my cakes without the pans too. I can vividly remember the yoda. I'll have to ask her if she has pictures.... What time and where is the leftover cake and ice cream going to be served?? Haha.

10. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Ummmmmmmmmmm.......

I'm hungry!

LoL! =P~

SeeYa,
    TK

11. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Finally found some of the new Saga Legends figures. Only got shadow trooper with black coin, special ops with gold coin, and left Zev (former snowspeeder pack-in). Still looking for Commander Neyo.

12. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    I have all the same one's thanks to Steve... lol

But I have the Commander Neyo. Sorry SteveI found it last week in Concord. They only had the one. I have also added the following.

08-09 Imperial Evo Trooper
    08-10 Imperial Jump Trooper
    08-12 Battle-Damaged Vader

I'm still looking for 08-14 Emperor's Shadow Guard. If anyone finds it let me know. Please call!!

I also found a couple Vader bobble heads. They are pretty cool It is Vader in his Tie Fighter. It was put out in 07' by Funko. I found them at the local TJ Maxx That places is starting to turn in to a go place to look.

I also found 2 set of these very cool fishing poles. lol Ya, I got them. But they are pretty nice. lol

I will also try to post up a list of a few figures I am missing from last years coin set. See if anyonoe out there has an extra. Ok than...

SeeYa,
    TK

13. PRINCESSVADER73

Apr 16, 2008
    The nefarious Commander Neyo has been captured. Yes, the Princess is also a bounty hunter. I will hold the Commander at my quarters until the bounty is met. If he is no longer wanted for his crimes, let me know. I will so enjoy exterminating him. ;)

14. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Hmmmm Commander Neyo must be popping up all over the place. I now also have an extra one now that TK picked his own up as well....I'll hold it for someone as well.

15. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Capt_Brandon_Berry Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2008
    O.KAY, THIS WEEK I HAVE BEEN TO: TOY R US AND THEY HAVE THE WHITE TIE FIGHTER W/BIG WINGS, THE TWO NEW BATTLE PACKS, TARGET HAS THE RANCOR MONSTER FROM THAT GAME, IS VERRY COOL BUT NOT WORTH $40 I HOPE THEY MAKE ONE FOR JABBA. THEN I WILL BUY. AND AAYLAR SECURA JEDI STARFIGHTER ON CLEARNCS FOR $13.98 NO! $9.89 HOPE IT GOSE DOWN MORE. WAL-MART NOTHING NEW. BUT ANY TIME NOW THEY SHUOLD BE PUTTING OUT THEIR TWO PACKS. K-MART NOTHING AS ALL WAYS!

16. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Picked up the Battle of Mygeeto battlepack at the Concord Target last night along with an EVO trooper from TFU and Aayla Secura's jedi starfighter for $4.98!!

17. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Ok,

Finds over the weekend. lol =D=

I did add a couple of the Aayla Secura's jedi starfighter to the collection. Just as Steve did I found them at Target. Man do I love that place.

All so a very nice set of Star Wars Read Along Books and Records it includes...

-Plant of the HooJibs
    -Star Wars
    -Empire Strikes Back
    -Return of the Jedi
    -Ewoks join the fight
    -Droid World

All the book and record are in great shape Some of the records are near mint!

A couple new comic I need to feel some holes. A long with the Phanton Menace Ep 1 Sceenplay book. It's pretty nice.

This weeks figures would be ...
    -Pit Driods - White on White w/ 1 acc. Saga Legends
    -Yoda Saga Legends
    -Battle Droids tan 1 clean & 1 dirty Saga Legends

I al so picke up a very nice Indiana Jones Org. figure of "Toht" from the 1982 set. I like it. lol [face_love]

The best find of the day on Sunday would be the $5 Gun Ship I picked up. Oh ya, that's right John I found a $5 GUN SHIP!! It's in ok shape. It is missing the front two small gun's and 1 on the top engines. No biggie I can find those on line in some ebay auction. Also with the find I picked up another small ship and about 7 figures again for another $5 buck. lol Hey I take what is given. lol

I also picked up a few more items over the last week or so but I'll list them later. Till next time ....Happy Hunting!

Later!
    TK

18. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Capt_Brandon_Berry Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2008
    THAT RIGHT TK TAKE WHAT YOU CAN ...GIVE NOTHING BACK!!! IM GLAD THAT I DID NOT SPEND ALOT OF MONEY THERE BECAUSE TODAY I GOT SILVER BRACLETS.!LOL!

19. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey Guy's

I added a very cool set of DVD to my collection today. I scored them from work. Some one came in and traded back a couple of DVD to the shop. They had an Org. set of the Star Wars Ep 4,5,6 on DVD from 1997. The best part is that they are from the UK and have VERY Cool art work on them.

I have never seen the covers done this way before. Next time anyone comes by and wish to see them let me know. Oh ya ... almost forgot. The best part ...

I got them for NOTHING!! That's right $O lol! I guess I do have some luck, sometimes! We could not buy them back from him in the store because they did not have a working UPC code on them because they were from over sea's. So after talking to him for a while about Star Wars and things I do the guy just gave them to me. He said he had no uses for them and thought I could. So all mine. [face_dancing]

Till the next fine.....

SeeYa,
    TK

20. PRINCESSVADER73

Apr 16, 2008
    I got my carbonited Han from ebay. Some how it feels like cheating, now that I went toy hunting with TK and Brandon. I think I'll get over it. I'm going to start looking for the food grade silicone to make choclate and/or Jello molds from it. I know you guys didn't do well with your food sales at FCBD, but how many fangirls would be able to resist an edible Harrison Ford. Especially if he's chocolate! Any other ideas for molds will be appreciated. Once the stuff is mixed, its either use it or toss it. Steve, we need to talk more about the Jabba idea. I'm concerned about the arms...I also came up with an idea on the Boba helmet cake. I have something the right shape, but its not to scale...

21. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Finallly found the damaged Vader from TFU....pretty cool! Can't wait to see how he gets that way!

22. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    How could I forget?! The kids gave me the Sideshow Dejarik Table for father's day! Very cool!!

23. flightmech73

flightmech73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 5, 2007
    Got a loose at-rt driver from the commemorative tin for 5 bucks on eBay.
    [image=http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k162/flightmech73/0ce6_1.jpg]

24. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Andy,

Please ALL WAYS ask me first. lol I have 2 maybe? of that figure. I pick them up a few weeks back going out with a friend. I got both in a lot with a couple other figures. I could have at leased saved you on the shipping. [face_shame_on_you]

Later,
    TK

25. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Ummmmmmmmm........

Let's see.... Steve got the Sideshow Dejarik Table for Father Day. A@#!!

I'm still on the wanting list for the damn thing. How did Tuesday get it? Where did she find it? Nice score... Congrats!

SeeYA,
    TK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.