main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Brand Spanking New York Yankees Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Yanksfan, Jul 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Well Mussina looks like crap thus far. What gives man?

2. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    he is a slow starter....I should have remembered that

3. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    WOW! Roger looked real good tonight. Stuckout Bonds twice. Only gave up 1 hit and stuck out 9. Man, why'd he have to leave?

4. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    well...he was suppose to have retired....I think George would have done things differently if he had to do it over again.

5. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Ok I m watching the game right now and they are playing Star Wars music :D :D :D

6. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    I wish I could watch Yankees games.

I have to rely on FOX

7. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    One of the many benefits of working for CBS :D :D

8. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    CBS???

I thought that you worked retail?

Can I say that I hate you? :p j/k

I would love a gig like that...to watch Yankees games or Cowboys games or Knicks/Rangers games.

9. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    Dammit this was the first time in about 10 years that I missed the home opener. Good result though. Vazquez looked good I heard.

10. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    I was at the game today. The pitcher looked great. And Mariano looked stronger than he was yesterday. Loved Posada's homer.

A-Rod welcoming himself to NY Matsui-style with a homerun would've been cool. But hey, the Yanks won. Can't have everything. :)

11. JEDI_SMURF

JEDI_SMURF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Ouch, Jedi Satimber. Here in Buffalo, NY, we have the YES Network. And any games showed on CBS 2 is shown here, as well. It's carried by the local UPN network that is owned by the local CBS affiliate. To top it off, the games can also be heard on the radio.

It is horrible when there is better Yankee coverage in Western New York than where you are. Something needs to be done.

Pants not make one great.

[color=FF7F00]Philadelphia Flyers: 2003-2004 Atlantic Division Champions![/color]

12. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    Smurf...such is the life, when one lives 10 minutes from the horrible city of Philadelphia.

The only Yankees games I get on TV are the FOX and ESPN broadcasts...and even those can be pre-empted by the (^^)*(^)^(&*(& Phillies/Flyers/Eagles/76ers.

Valuable TV time is wasted on those pathetic teams.

Oh well...my life is here...been here since 1987...so I have learned to deal with it.

I can turn the radion channels on...when I am in the car at least.

13. JEDI_SMURF

JEDI_SMURF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Get DirecTV. At least where I am, the YES Network is part of the Regional Sports Channels we get.

Pants not make one great.

[color=FF7F00]Philadelphia Flyers: 2003-2004 Atlantic Division Champions![/color]

14. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    nah...Digital Cable is the way.

I should contact Comcast and see if I can get the YES Network added.

It sucks that people in Minnesota can get the YES network...but a guy in NJ can't.

just sent an Inquiry into Comcast.

Let's see if/when they respond.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpNWZic251BF9TAzI1NjY0ODI1BHNlYwN0aA--?slug=ap-yankees-torre&prov=ap&type=lgns

Torre and the Yankees agree on a 3 year contract extension...thru 2007

15. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    Brown is looking really good. Third straight game in which he's only given up one run...and today was his 200th win. Posada and Giambi went deep also. Today was a good win on a nasty, dreary day.

16. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000
    Okay, who else is so excited for this weekend that they want to pee themselves? Woohoo! Let the rivalry resume!

I know I'm apparently the only one obsessed with this idea, but I've finally found some "official word" on the whole Aaron Boone scenario.

from Yankees.com:

"It's an exciting time in that I'm a free agent and there's been a nice amount of interest from people," Boone said. [snip] "...We'll definitely be talking with the Yankees."

Although Rodriguez is firmly planted at the hot corner in the Bronx for the next seven years, New York may bring Boone back to play second base, which he has done in the past with Cincinnati.

"I'm certainly open to it," Boone said of a return to the Yankees. "That's one of the things that I was really looking forward to this year, the season not ending on a note that we or I wanted it to. I was looking forward to getting settled in during Spring Training, chasing after it again this year."

"Boonie's a great guy," Derek Jeter said. "I don't know what his plans are, but I enjoyed playing with him. It would be good to see him back."

Oh, man, as you know, I'm sooo behind this idea. Come back to NY, Aaron! [face_love]

17. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I don't think that I've ever seen this thread so quiet before [face_shocked]! Last weekends Sox/Yanks series was good but this weekend ought to be better. Both teams made lots of mistakes that will hopefully be out of their systems by now. I'm going to make sure that I enjoy it because there won't be another Sox/Yanks series until June :(.

18. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    I can't get into baseball until hockey is over. It happens every year. And it's the same way in October; I can't get into hockey until baseball is over.

19. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    It is a dark time for the Empire. Since most Yankee fans have been silenced by this dark time I wanted to speak out.

Thank goodness it is early in the season. The Yankee bats will wake up soon. Hopefully before George fires Don Mattingly.

Jorge cannot do it alone.

What is worse for me than anything is that the Tigers are doing well and both my Father and brother are Tiger fans and hate the Yankees. Who would of thought that the Yankes would be under .500 and the Tigers would be over .500 at any point in the season.

20. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    Good pitching duel today. Much like the Yankees of the past few years, and little mistake and Boston capatalized. Good thing they did nothing with the botched paly to first that Giambi dropped.

C'mon guys, let's pick it up.

~DG~

21. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000
    I just have one question...when does it become late enough in the season for me to be allowed to legitimately freak out about how bad we've been playing? Because honestly, getting swept by Boston in our own park? NIGHTMARE.

Am most upset with our boys. But I don't think we should fire Donnie. There's only so much a batting coach can do anyways. At the end of the lesson, it's still the players that have to go up to the plate and hit.

Now go on up and ****ing hit already. This is getting ridiculous. (And I'm looking at you, beloved Jeter. Yes, I am.)

22. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    July 31st

23. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    Nice comeback tonight! Hopefully, a good sign for the future! :)

24. Yanksfan

Nov 3, 2000
    Yeah, these last two games have been real encouraging. And the pitchers we've been beating up haven't been any Tampa Bay slouches either. We're talking A-list, here. Nice. I also like how we've been getting the runs with singles and doubles and not the long ball. I don't know. Getting a big slam seems lucky. Scoring through back to back to back hits seems just like outright talent.

And Jeter WILL wake up and join the party. Of that I have no doubt. But I still feel really bad for him right now. Come on, Jetes. You can do it. :(

25. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    I hope we are all feeling a bit better lately.

On to the West Coast!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.