NYC, NY Brand Spanking New York Yankees Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Yanksfan, Jul 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEDI_SMURF Force Ghost

star 4
    Yankees - Red Sox. 'Nuff said.

Pants not make one great.
  2. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4

OK. I've seen this in your sig for a while now and I've got to ask...

What is it about the whole pants thing?
  3. DarthMoby Jedi Master

star 4
    Bring the brooms, I sense a sweep coming on.
  4. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    Bring the brooms, I sense a sweep coming on.

Slow down there Moby. Despite their admittedly terrible performance the past two nights, things ought to turn around tonight. With Martinez going up against Halsey, I'd keep that broom in the closet for now.
  5. JEDI_SMURF Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, Jedi_Outcast 77, I like to wear shorts in all seasons except in a blizzard, and even then reluctantly. I do it to prevent frost bite on my shins. I found the quote on Star Wars "Pants" Lines and liked it so much that I use it now. That website is so funny, milk will shoot out of your nose.
  6. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    Before I eat Moby's broom for my pre-emptive comment yesterday I just want to say that was definately the best game of the series. Not only was it good because of the back-and-forth scoring but because of the great defensive plays by Reese and Jeter. I thought Reese made a better catch but Jeter took a much harder hit and still held onto the ball =D=.

OK... now would someone please pass the salt (munch...munch...munch) [face_sick].
  7. DarthMoby Jedi Master

star 4
    "Start spreading the news......"

Ol' Blue Eyes never sounded better! Jeter, you are a god! Go Yankees!
  8. DarthMoby Jedi Master

star 4
    Um ladies and gentlemen, this is the capitan speaking. It appears we have hit some turbulance due to losing five of six games. I'm going to put on the fasten seatbelt sign and ask that you remain seated until it is safe to walk around the cabin agaqin. We should be clear of this turbulance in no time, but until please use the call button should you require comforting or reassuring from one of our lovely flight attendants. Thank you for flying Air Yankees.
  9. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
  10. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
  11. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    WOW :eek:! After tonight's game I would have expected this thread to be on fire right now. Then again it has been a little quiet in here lately.
  12. DarthMoby Jedi Master

star 4
    This thread will be hopping when it counts, October.
  13. Yanksfan Chosen One

star 5
    I dunno, our pitching situation is making me very nervous right now. First Brown, then Mussina, and now El Duque. And what about Mo blowing two save opportunities in a row? Sure, he rallied for the win last night, but man, that makes my stomach clench. Hopefully he got it out of his system.

Speaking of the bullpen, whatever happened to Steve Karsay? Is he coming back or not?
  14. Yanksfan Chosen One

star 5
    Oh...wow. It's 2004. We're on the brink of another ALCS against those dreaded Boston Red Sox, and this thread is on page three???

Unacceptable. You'll all have to hand in your Yankee fan membership cards immediately.

Come on! Let the rival continue!
  15. JEDI_SMURF Force Ghost

star 4
    I agree. Let the rivalry continue. I say the Yankees will win because the fans Red Sox are lulled into a false sense of victory after the Anaheim sweep. They will, as they always do, snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. and that observation comes from a Boston sportswriter int he HBO documentary, "Curse of the Bambino". I'm still laughing at the part where they talked about the piano and Sox fans thought that by salvaging it from the lake it supposedly fell in, the curse would be broken. They didn't find the piano.

1918! 1918! 1918! 1918! 1918!

[color=FFD700]Go Irish! Beat Navy![/color]

16. Yanksfan Chosen One

star 5
    Did you guys see that sign at Yankee Stadium tonight?

The one with Darth Vader on it, saying: "Pedro, I am your father!"

Ha ha. I thought that was hilarious.

Up 2-0. I feel good, but we still need two more. Here's hoping Kevin Brown can bring us one step closer on Friday. :)
  17. hchristensenfan Jedi Master

star 4
    Did you guys see that sign at Yankee Stadium tonight?

The one with Darth Vader on it, saying: "Pedro, I am your father!"

I was watching the game, but I didn't see that poster, must have been studying for the test I have this morning when they showed the poster.
  18. mikadojedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Hate to be the messenger of bad news. But no matter what the Yankee's do in the ALCS, they will NOT win the world series. Check your history, and discover why NYC is a DEMOCRATIC town. The Yankees have never won a World Series with a Republican in the White House.
  19. Padawan915 Force Ghost

star 6
    Hate to be the messenger of bad news. But no matter what the Yankee's do in the ALCS, they will NOT win the world series. Check your history, and discover why NYC is a DEMOCRATIC town. The Yankees have never won a World Series with a Republican in the White House.

Even though I'm a Yankees hater, I have to say that your statement is false.

1923, Yankees win WS, Calvin Coolidge (R)
    1927, " "
    1932, Yanks win WS, Herbert Hoover (R)
    1953, Yanks win WS, Dwight Eisenhower (R)
    1956, " "
    1958, " "

So the Yanks have won 6 of their 26 championships under Republicans. However, the last time it happened was under Eisenhower. Yeah, that's a long time ago, but it did happen.

See how us Philadelphians waste our time waiting between Eagles games? :p
  20. ObiWill Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually, the Yanks have won multiple World Series under Republican Presidents:

1923, 1927, 1928, and 1929 World Series -- President Calvin Coolidge (Republican)
    1932 World Series -- Herbert Hoover
    1953, 1956, 1958, 1961 World Series -- Eisenhower
    1977 World Series -- Ford

Whoops, someone beat me to the history checking! LOL :D
  21. Padawan915 Force Ghost

star 6
    1961 would go under Kennedy actually, because the WS is played in October, and Kennedy would've been in office. But I did forget a few of those, thanks Will for adding to fact checking. :)
  22. ObiWill Jedi Master

star 4
    Yep, I slipped up with JFK.

But I fear the Yanks will lose tonight because Kristin is cursed! ;) :p Every Yankees game she's ever watched led to a loss! :p :D
  23. Benae_Quee Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't help it! And there's no way I can avoid the game, Studio apartments are not good for avoiding things LOL. Sorry everyone if they lose, but don't blame the republicans, blame my curse lol.
  24. Benae_Quee Jedi Master

star 4
    6-0 Boston in the 2nd INNING!

-- voice of the mummy from Aqua Teen Hunger Force --

CRRRRRSSSSSSE!
  25. citizenjohn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    **Does Voodo Dance So Boston Will LOSE**
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.