main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Brand Spanking New York Yankees Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Yanksfan, Jul 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    I guess "the curse" is over. Now I can go to bed at a normal time.

2. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Wanders in a little depressed at 9 - 3.

Wonders if Yanksfan is having chest pains :p

3. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    If the yanks lose.. my mom said shes calling in sick to work tomorrow (Her boss is at the game and is a HUGE fan) LOL

4. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

I guess your mom gets a day off. :(

5. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    The only thing I find more pathetic than the Yankees blowing a 3-0 series lead is something like this.

6. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    There are no words to describe how depressed I am today.

I hope the Red Sox lose the World Series. I hope they lose it bad. Go Houston/St. Louis. I'm not at all particular. Although, I guess I'd prefer St. Louis since I still hate Roger Clemens, too.

*heavy sigh*

I hurt. :(

7. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    The better team won last night. The Yankees didnt deserve to win after giving up 6 runs in the first 2 innings.

I hope Houston wins tonight and beats Boston. Remember, in order for the curse to be broken, Boston needs to win a world series.

8. mikadojedi

mikadojedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 25, 2003
    I stand, well actually I type this in a seated position, corrected. Though obiwill, I dare say. In '77 (ahh what a great year, Carter was in the White House.

9. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    That's right, Ford was out of office by then.

Let the Red Sox have their win this year. The Yanks got complacent being up 3-0, much like the Jedi before the New Order. [face_plain] And besides, it's hardly fair if we win them ALL, is it? ;)

Terrible about the rioting in Boston. Imagine if they LOST?!?

10. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Just a hypothetical question here; IF the Red Sox win the World Series, how will you Yankees fans react? Do you also think you will take Boston more seriously now?

11. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    Personally, I won't be bothered if the Red Sox win the World Series. I tend to go for certain teams, as opposed to against others. The whole "Curse of the Bambino" is a lot of fun, but the Sox deserved to win this ALCS. If they beat the Cards, they'll have gone through the 2 best teams in baseball and will be worthy champions.

12. BobaFettWBlasterRifle

BobaFettWBlasterRifle Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 1999
    "I've analyzed their attack, sir, and there is a danger..."

Now that it's almost a foregone conclusion that the Red Sox will go on to complete their World Series victory, time to look back on the teams that have been responsible for the Yankees' seasons ending in defeat each year since 9/11. Should Boston prevail, the Yankees will have been beaten 4 consecutive seasons by the team that went on to be World Champions. None of the previous three has made it back to the Series, or even the ALCS or NLCS--the Angels came staggering into the postseason this year only to be the first team victimized by Boston's lineup. Yet the Yankees remain consistently in the thick of it, and 3-0 collapses notwithstanding, will still be considered the team to beat, even for and especially for the Red Sox. The Red Sox and their fans aren't hung up on the Yankees because they're current or even recent champions--they've simply stood the test of time to be the great litmus test of what a really good baseball team is. If you can beat us, you're outstanding; if you can't, well, you're the Blue Jays.

I have no reason to doubt that the Yankees and Red Sox will be at it again all of next season. "The Curse", and the manic-depressive psychosis associated with it, has always been much more significant to Boston than it is to New York. I see no balance being tipped in the Force. They blew up our Death Star this year. We'll make another.

13. AllieFox

AllieFox Jedi Master

Feb 12, 2001
    Not bad.

A World Series championship every 86 years.

Hey, they're better than the Cubs.

Too bad most of us will be dead before it happens again.

LET'S GO METS!

:D

14. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    "If you can beat us, you're outstanding; if you can't, well, you're the Blue Jays."

Genius! Pure Genius!

Being the only Red Sox fan in the MEPA group, I have to say that you're all being such good sports about Boston winning the world series. Excellent, more Yankees fans should be like you, not unlike the total **** I threated to kill at Yankee Stadium back in June for calling me and the British gay.

15. BobaFettWBlasterRifle

BobaFettWBlasterRifle Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 1999
    We should all know as Star Wars fans that there is the occasional fellow fan who simply embarrasses the crap out of us and makes the rest of us look bad, be it some woeful collector-type who hordes action figures so real kids can't play with them, or a guy so incredibly super-dorky he makes me feel like Don Johnson by comparison. That is certainly true of some sports fans, particularly fans of a team that is routinely successful like the Yankees. Throw some alcohol into the mix and you've got something potentially dangerous. Some of the behavior I've seen demonstrated by fellow Yankee fans, at the Stadium and especially at the World Series victory parades, is nothing short of reprehensible. Making fun of someone just because he has a different cap on is the worst kind of grade-school nonsense. Please be assured most Yankee fans aren't Anglophobic, homophobic, or even Soxaphobic.

With that in mind, I offer my apologies to the Toronto Blue Jays and their fans for any insensitivity expressed in my earlier remarks. The Blue Jays are a great great team

for me to poop on.
    :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.