main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Brandon Rhea's Alternative Saga Site

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by Brandon Rhea, Aug 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    Hey everyone. My Alternative Saga site is finished so I figure I can show you this now.

http://www.sequel-trilogy.net

There is a whole mess of things you can find on this site including:

-Latest News/Star Wars News
    -The Alternative Saga*
    -Alternative Databank (info about characters, history, planets, and organizations of the Alternative Saga)
    -Forums

*The idea of the Alternative Saga is to pretend that the OT never happened and just keep the PT. The reason behind is this just to show what the Saga could have been had the SFX we have now been available when the original films were made. So, what I am doing is keeping EpI, EpII, and EpIII the way they are and then writing new episodes after that. Right now, I am planning on EpIV - EpIX. EpIV - EpVI are a brand new storyline featuring new and exciting characters and places. EpVII - EpIX is basically the same as the original trilogy, just made to follow the same storyline that the previous new trilogy created. I have considered doing X-XII as well, but if I did that trilogy would be a more personal one dealing with the Bendu Knights of the Ashla.

So, the synopsis' for Episode IV - A New Beginning, Episode V - Shadows of the Republic and Episode VI - Fall of the Lettow have been posted so feel free to read them. Along with that, I have begun adding to the databank with characters in the actual episodes themselves and some that lived closed to 4,000 BBY during the Great War, which took place around 30 years after Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords.

Any questions? Feel free to ask!

Also, I would like to thank Michael Jones for designing the site. [:D]

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    That's an instant bookmark.

Very professional, very attractive looking site.

3. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Thanks a lot man. I appreciate that! :D

4. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Updated with a new opening crawl explaining what the Alternative Saga is.

5. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    All the bandwith was used up for the month :_| The site will be opened again on September 1st.

6. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Forgive the quadrupil post, but the site is back online now!

7. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    A new production report is now available stating where I am in the process of writing the Alternative Saga. Come on, people! I am writing this for the fans!

8. darthevilbob

darthevilbob Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2004
    I really think, that this thread should be reserved for all people wanting to comment on the economical struggle between replulicans and the man on the street.

A lighthearted discussion about the pros and cons of a communist society, would be nice..

9. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Was that a shot at me? :p

10. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    I have set up a "contest" so to speak to where people who IM or Email me, or post in this thread, have a chance to guess the title of 'Star Wars: Episode IV'. But, ONLY those who contact me or post in here can enter into this contest.

The title is one of the titles that is on the poll on the front page of my website. When you guess the title, you also need to tell me your reasons for why you think it is that and if you think it fits with the story.

Who ever correctly guesses the title will recieve exclusive, behind-the-scenes information on the writing of the script of Episode IV, and the writing of the rest of the episodes.

There may be a 'web-doc' or two, but these will not be posted on the main site until AFTER the script is released. ONLY those who win the contest can see the information BEFORE the release. It's basically "Spoiler Reports". I think this will work out very well.

So, I encourage you to try this out because I think the behind the scenes information, if you want to be "semi" spoiled, will be worth your while.

Maybe people don't think it's worth there while...considering no one has responded :p

11. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    The full title of Episode IV has been revealed:

Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Beginning

Check out the site to read it!

12. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    Everything looks very nice jmb, well done! =D=

13. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Thanks man, I appreciate that.

14. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Here's are two new banners for my site, created by Darthevilbob:

What do you all think?

Oh, and for all of you who can't figure it out...

Tom Welling plays Luke Skywalker
    Keira Knighley plays Leia Skywalker

15. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    Those banners look very nice, the artist did a great job!

16. swimmerman91

swimmerman91 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2005
    You finaly got the site all set, awesome!!!

17. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    The site has been set. The fan films section won't be done for awhile. (This, btw, is like the 42nd time I've told you :p)

18. swimmerman91

Aug 22, 2005
    Yes, but many parts were still unaccesable or under construction, now, I guees It's just about done. It's verrrry cool....good job, and good luck with any thing you may add.

19. emimar

emimar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2003
    I've just been reading your ideas to improve the fan sites board. I think they are good because all that people seem to do around here is post links to their sites and that's it. (Wish I'd seen it before, actually!Just shows what you miss when you don't take a proper look at a site!) One of the things that I get fed up of and I suppose everyone else whose ever worked hard on a site and done everything themselves is that they never get any visitors, or at least so few that half the time it doesn't seem worth bothering about (that's one of the reasons why I've been relectant to pay for a web domain or pay to have it hosted). I agree about what you've said about the RPG Sites, because all you ever seem to get lately are RPG Sites or Forum sites. I don't want to discourage people from making them, but they should put alot of thought into it before they even make the site.

The only critism I have for your site is that there are a lot of pages with nothing in it. When I cleared up my site a while back, I went through all the pages to see if I could combine them or get rid of them if they didn't seem to have a purpose. If you have a lot of pages that seem to be inactive, then I think that puts people off visiting, and the same thing applies to having updates, as well. You don't have to do it everyday like you get with theforce.net, and even if it's just once a month, it tells new visitors that you are still maintaining the site and haven't abandoned it.

20. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    I actually had some stuff in those inactive pages, but had to take them out for some God only knows reason. I'm going to be putting stuff back in them once the new site format is up.

21. swimmerman91

Aug 22, 2005
  22. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Here's the newest design for ST.N created by Darthevilbob

[image=http://homepages.tesco.net/michaelgjones/lukeleia.jpg]

That shall be up soon. And, yes, that is Tom Welling as Luke Skywalker and Keira Knightley as Leia Organa.

23. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Here is another one:

http://img453.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vaderpalps5nw.jpg

Yes, I realize there is a typo but that shall be fixed. I'll have another picture up shortly.

24. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    That one is cool - I love the blue panels set at that transparency. :cool:

25. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Yeah. We tried to change the blue to red on the Vader/Sidious one, but we can only rotate the banner and not the main area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.