main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Brandon Rhea's Alternative Star Wars Saga

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by Brandon Rhea, Sep 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    You might be saying to yourself, "a different Star Wars Saga and it's not written by George Lucas?! What were you thinking, Brandon?!"

You have no idea how often I get asked that question. I have to answers to that. The first one, aka. the wity one, is LOL OMG I WASN'T LIEK ZOMG! The actual serious one was that it wasn't just my idea. Here is a brief history of Sequel-Trilogy.Net:

Sequel-Trilogy.Net started out as a colaboration between Brandon Rhea, Michael Jones and Gregg Tasoulas. Their intention was to "pretend" as if the Original Star Wars Trilogy (A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi) had never happened yet, meaning the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy (The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, Revenge of the Sith) had been released first. The dates for the "first" three films were the same (1999, 2002, 2005), but then they wrote up press releases with George Lucas saying that Episode IV of the Saga would be released in 2008. The idea died a slow and painful death. Soon, they decided to dedicate the site to an idea called The Alternative Star Wars Saga.

Gregg and Brandon decided to begin writing an Alternative Trilogy, but because of conflicting ideas they began to start writing seperate stories. Gregg stuck with just IV-V-VI, but Brandon decided to write a brand new IV-V-VI, followed by VII-VIII-IX. He has talked about writing a fourth trilogy, but has never given a definitive answer on the matter. There were many bumps in the road, and at one point Gregg and Brandon were fired. While they were gone, a new staff member named Eric Giordmaina, or Dark_Silence, was brought in. Gregg eventually disappeared, but Brandon came back to Sequel-Trilogy.Net after mending his friendship with Michael Jones, decreeing that the entire ordeal was one big misunderstanding which, as a matter of fact, it was. But, when he returned he learned that Michael was planning something...something big.

For months, Michael Jones had dreamed about creating a Science Fiction/Fantasy website. Michael, Eric and Brandon eventually made that dream a reality. They called this reality Fi-Sci.Com. Soon, Eric began to quickly make a name for himself in the film industry. Taking over the role as Chief News Editor, Eric began to make handy contacts within the industry. Under the leadership of Michael, Fi-Sci.Net is becoming the one stop shop for all your Sci-Fi/Fantasy needs. Because there are writers from the United States, Great Britain and Australia, the entire globe is covered 24/7. When Fi-Sci was created, Sequel-Trilogy.Net was given to Brandon to dedicate solely to his Alternative Star Wars Saga which he is still working diligently on to this day.

But, what exactly is the Alternative Star Wars Saga? Ah, the answer to that, my friends, is simple. The idea of the Alternative Star Wars Saga is to write a brand new storyline set after Episode III - Revenge of the Sith, basically erasing everything we know about George Lucas' IV-V-VI. The original idea behind it was to write a broader, more complex and grander story than Lucas was able to due to the limited special effects of the time. So, what I am doing is keeping Episode I, Episode II and Episode III just as George Lucas wrote them and then writing new episodes after that. The first trilogy which is comprised of Episode IV - A New Beginning, Episode V - Shadows of the Republic and Episode VI - Fall of the Lettow deals with a story arc between Darth Vader, Leia Organa and Kane Starkiller and the three stories basically show the might and fury of the Galactic Empire. Episode VII, Episode VIII and Episode IX will be much more familiar to you and then the POSSIBLE Episode X, Episode XI and Episode XII will be brand new as well and, no, it has nothing to do with the stupid story SuperShadow wrote and/or stole.

A few of the features on the site are as follows:

- Latest Alternative Saga News
    - The Alternative Star Wars Saga
    - The Alternative Expanded Universe
    - Alternative Databank with info about characters, history, planets and org

2. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    We just changed the layout of the databank to make it more like StarWars.Com, as if the site didn't already look exactly like it in the firt place. :p Here is a link to one of the databank entries, this one being for Luke Skywalker:

http://www.sequel-trilogy.net/saga-characters/luke-skywalker-2.html

All of the main characters have recieved this databank makeover.

3. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Mike Jones is working on an entire new layout. Each episode will have a page with a specific background created specially for it. Here is a spoiler to what the layout for my Return of the Jedi. Obviously, the background is the Jedi Temple and the image on the left is the ghost of Anakin Skywalker with skyscrappers in the background, as my final battle takes place on Coruscant rather than Endor. Let us know what you think (if anyone ever reads this thread....)!

[image=http://www.sequel-trilogy.net/images/temple2.jpg]

4. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    From an artistic standpoint I think parts of it could be a little more unified, but overall I like the idea personally. Good luck with it!

5. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Which parts? Also, here is the design for the front page. Right now, the only character is Darth Vader, but it will be rotating between Vader, Luke, Han and maybe Chewie and Leia.

[image=http://sequel-trilogy.net/images/fp2.jpg]

6. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    I think it was just the weight of the bevels that threw me at first. Not a huge thing, just preference. :)

7. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Is it intentionally designed to mimic the Official Site?

Personally, I've also never been a big fan of the Star Wars font, especially when used a lot.

8. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Yes, it is designed to look like and not look like the official Star Wars website at the same time. It's representative of my Alternative Saga itself. You know it's Star Wars and you can tell that it has the same feeling as Star Wars, but on the other hand it's vastly different. The site is designed to be the same as that: the same, yet different.

9. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    We haven't been able to put up the new layout yet, and as of right now the current layout is messed up due to a bad transfer to another host. So, hopefully the new layout will be up in a week or two.

10. Cpt_Obvious

Cpt_Obvious Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2003
    I feel for you. Transferring to another host can be a huge problem. Been there, done that, gritted my teeth while it took days for everything to get done correctly. ugh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.