Amph Brandon Sanderson -- State of Sanderson 2015

Discussion in 'Community' started by NYCitygurl, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I think he has too much planned, it could be a bad thing if he over extends himself. :(

Evil.
  2. NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I don't think he'll overextend himself, but I also don't think some of those ideas will ever be published.
  3. MasterGandalf Jedi Youngling

star 1
    The impression I'd gotten was that he's going to be working on Wheel of Time and Way of Kings as his main projects for the next several years (and possibly the Warbreaker sequel as well- he was intending to release it very shortly after the first book until WOT derailed him). Elantris and Mistborn sequels are things he'd like to do, but are still pretty far off, with no set date for getting started, much less published.

So no, I don't think he'll overextend himself in the foreseeable future, though it might work out better for all concerned if there were more of him...
  4. NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Okay, so I finished Warbreaker a couple days ago, and OHMYGOODNESS - it was fantastic. If you haven't read it, do it. Now.
  5. JEDI-SOLO Jedi Master

star 5
    I will be all over Warbreaker when it is released in PB. It sounds great.
  6. NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Get it from the library now and get it again in paperback. It's that good.
  7. alhana_antilles Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Warbreaker was another great read. I really like how nothing ever is how it seems. He's very good at story twists and surprises. You don't see them coming, but as someone said earlier- they aren't jarring.
  8. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    I've started reading Elantris, which is kinda weird, but fairly interesting so far. :)
  9. tjace Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm 94 pages into Mistborn and loving it so far.
  10. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    I've heard (possibly here) that Mistborn is considerably better. I'll be getting to it before too much longer :)
  11. Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Mistborn is better in the fact that it immediately draws you into the story and doesn't let go. Elantris you kinda have drudge your way through a couple of parts near the beginning.

Evil.
  12. NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Finally!! :D

Mistborn is better, but Elantris is still worth reading.
  13. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    I'm a bit over halfway through now, and its getting better and better :)
  14. Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    That's exactly how I felt when I read it. :p

Mistborn is exactly the same way, except it starts out awesome, and ends with amazing. :D

Evil.
  15. tjace Jedi Master

star 4
    I just finished Mistborn, and I feel decidedly giddy. :D That was the best story I've read since The Shadow Rising. Sanderson may not create the best universe, but he's top-notch at characters and just making a story. I feel like I'm rambling but that was just an awesome read, so it'll take a while for my thoughts to gather themselves.
  16. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Yeah, I'm really getting to like the characters in Elantris. Except for Hrathen, I don't care much for him :p
  17. NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus

star 9
    [face_laugh] I agree

RJ - let us know when you finish, 'cause . . . :D
  18. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Finished it this evening - quite a good book :)

Not sure if I'm going to be starting Mistborn quite yet or not - I'd like to get Hero of Ages first so I can read them all together. Won't be too long, though.
  19. tjace Jedi Master

star 4
    I wouldn't worry about having to read them all right after each other, RJ. I know that I for one am still processing data from the first one, and although I'm eager to read the next book, I'd rather have suitable spacing between them. If that makes any sense.
  20. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    I tend to prefer reading series together as much as possible, except for new releases - and even then, if I can reread the series to fit it together, its much better
  21. JEDI-SOLO Jedi Master

star 5
    Glad you liked Elantris RJ. That was my first BS book and I was personally hooked from pg 1. I loved it and I hope for another someday.
  22. NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Glad you liked Elantris! They get better from there, so get Hero of Ages soon :D
  23. tjace Jedi Master

star 4
    Finished Well of Ascension and started on Hero of Ages. I thought that Mistborn was better personally (it had Kelsier), but Well of Ascension had a more mind-blowing surprise ending.
  24. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Finished Mistborn :) Excellent book, very much enjoying the series so far. Look forward to the next two :)

...and then Warbreaker eventually, I'm sure :p That one will likely be a while, though.
  25. NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Warbreaker is beastly amazing :D I'm glad you enjoyed Mistborn, though - it's great stuff :D