main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Brant_Flir's Star Wars Art and Vehicle Concept Art (UPDATED December 27, 2005 w/ Part 4 Jedi Concept

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Brant_Flir, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brant_Flir

Brant_Flir Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
  2. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Now up and running. :)

3. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    Seem a bit rushed but still pretty good ideas.

-The Scummy-

4. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    I can see a lot of imagination in these. Thinking up new ideas for vehicles can be challenging, so I applaud you for giving it a go.

I like the swoop concept the best. Detailing how the vertical lifts work was a nice touch.

5. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Thanks. I know they are pretty bad compared to what others have done, but i decided i might as well start somewhere. These were just quicky, rough drafts that i pulled out in a few minutes each, do they are pretty bad. I'm hoping to get better though. Any tips would be greatly apreciated.

6. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    I'm glad you decided to give it a try, and I think you show a lot of potential. Being able to draw technically accurate stuff can be taught, but you can't really 'learn' how to use your imagination to come up with new designs. That is the hardest part of concept drawing, in my opinion, so you're already well on your way.

My suggestion would be to start learning very basic perspective. Once you have this down, you'll be able to draw your ships much more realistically. I put together a very basic diagram for applying perspective for ships. I hope it helps a little.

Perspective Drawing for Ships

7. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Thanks. I'll give it a try. Thanks a million.

Here is another design for the M-Wing, this one a Member of the New Republic's 59th X Wing of the new Republic's Starfighter 'Trinity' logo and the '59th X Wing' logo:

M-Wing Concept2

8. Darth_ArsnL

Darth_ArsnL Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    Your effort is very evident, but in the posts above, you seem to be rushing things, Mayb you could a try a slightly different perspective on the concept sketches, to give it a kick. Overall nice work, and keep it up, i'll be back soon to check your thread. :)
    _Arnsl

9. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Thanks, that was my last 'rushed' piece. I am going to REALLY try now. Thanks everyone.

10. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
  11. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Those are all quite nice :) So where do you come up with the concepts behind new vehicles? I've never really understood how some people can do that. I don't think I've ever come up with a vehicle design that I've been happy with.

12. Darth_ArsnL

May 26, 2005
    I like the lightsaber, " the all american jedi" lol, oh hey you should do something like that.

-Arsnl

13. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Cool. Thanks for the idea. Maybe all make a "All American Jedi" some time.

14. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Well, my answer: My imagionation. These ones are kind of bad. I have another one that is still kind of messy, but i like it. I have to redo it though, the stuff isn't in the right spot. :)

15. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
  16. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hi, Brant--my first visit to your thead, and wow! You're really making some fast progress with the tips that wicktone provided (isn't he great!?)--the difference between your initial concept designs and this latest one is like night and day! I'm going to agree with the comment that your ship designs are very innovative--technical stuff is not my forte, and I admire those who can render the mechanical things well. Keep up the good work!

FF

17. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Thanks a million. Keep looking at my pics folks, thanks.

18. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    I already sent you a crit of this, but I wanted to say again that you're really coming along well. Keep at it, mate!

19. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Thanks. Will do.

20. Darth_ArsnL

May 26, 2005
    Good job, I'm glad that your applying technique, it shows how your art is progressing. Will you grace us with a different angle too?

-Arsnl

21. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Possably. I'm still trying to get a hang of everything right now. But I'll work on it. :)

22. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Alright, you guys aren't going to believe this! I made a cool side drawing of the frighter, but then i messes it up! I got dirt and junk from my table all over it, and smeared the lead! I'll have to do it again! Sorry.

23. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
  24. ScaPaCamem

ScaPaCamem Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2003
    it looks like you have some potential, but it also looks like with the skill you have you need to spend more time on your drawings. I think you may just need to slow down, and since your obviously intrested in art possibly buy some art books read up and just practice a lot.

25. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Cool, thanks. I'll look into it. Thanks. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.