main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Brant_Flir's Star Wars Art and Vehicle Concept Art (UPDATED December 27, 2005 w/ Part 4 Jedi Concept

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Brant_Flir, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScaPaCamem

ScaPaCamem Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2003
    And please don't think I am saying they are bad, I can see that you have one heck of an imagination, I takes me a long while to think of what I want for ships or anything.

2. Brant_Flir

Brant_Flir Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    No offense taken. I knew what you meant, and i'm trying to work on it, but for some reason i feel like i should whip it out in a few minutes. My weakness i guess.

3. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Hoping to get some more art up here pretty soon.

4. Darth_ArsnL

Darth_ArsnL Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    I like seeing your progress Brant, good job.

Arsnl

5. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Thanks. I had some art, but i trashed it. It was soposed to be a transport, but it looked liek a razor sittign on top of a bar of soap. Thanks.

6. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
  7. bowieslefteye

bowieslefteye Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2003
    I'm sorry did your mom drop you on your head.

[face_monkey]_jedi

8. Jedi_Apparition

Jedi_Apparition Jedi Master star 2

Feb 19, 2003
    Hey Brant you are getting there. Keep on working. You should check out a little bit higher end yet still free graphics editing software. Try GIMPit is free and almost as good as Photoshop. Great for coloring.

9. ScaPaCamem

ScaPaCamem Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2003
    Please do not take this as me being an a**hole, but I think you can recginize your talent is not quite on par with the other artists around here. Just think about how long they take to draw their pictures. You really need to slow down. I can tell you are young not by your profile but by the fact you can tell you are not able to just take your artwork slowly. Art is not for everyone. Most people who are good artist's are born like that. If you wish to develop your talent and be more serious about it you really need to look into some classes. I also suggest you get some "How to draw..." books. I can tell your imagination is working but I don't think your skill has quite caught up with your mind yet. ;)

10. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Actually, i used to roll down the stairs when i was little though.

Yeah, but i have to start somewhere.

11. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
  12. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hey Brant! Happy Holidays!

"Space Chase" is an interesting piece. I like the planets in the background--they both seem to have light coming from roughly the same direction (as it would in space, from the primary star in the system), and are colored well. I think if you extended that treatment to the vehicles and the nearer planet, it would really improve the piece. On the ships, showing the stark shadows and highlights that an unfiltered primary would cast would really help give them some "volume," and make them stand out a bit more against the black. To see this effect, try shining a flashlight on a model ship (or anything that has some angular surfaces) and look at the shadows and highlights, and see the way they define shape and surface--that might help you to see what I'm talking about here. Some more "saturation" to the blackness of space here would also help (there seem to be some white horizontal swaths in there that are a little distracting...). This has the potential to be really good I think! Nice start!

FF

13. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    Thanks FanFalcon!

14. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
  15. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    If you get a chance, could you check out the nw art? Thanks, i think its the best i've done, but for me thats nto saying too much.

-Brant

16. PICTURETHIS

PICTURETHIS Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2006
    Hey, have you ever thought of doing some animation on your own? You seem to have a handle on composition already. You should try. Keep up the good work and drawing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.