main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Braveheart] A Foreshadowing

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by rehtul-minnau, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rehtul-minnau

rehtul-minnau Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2010
    This was my first attempt at writing with accents. I was going off the accents in the movie, as I was not certain what a real Scottish accent sounded like. I wasn't sure how this fit into the canon of the movie, having not seen all of the movie having not seen the movie at the time, but I liked the idea anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~

The weed swayed in the wind, it's unsightly figure bending most ungracefully as the breeze tussled it carelessly. With a wild scream, a young boy raced toward the plant, and fiercely swung at it with his wooden sword. The weed fell before the boy's brutal assault. His friend nodded approval.

"Waell doone, Wahliam. But thu' next one ehs mine."

"Aye, i' migh' beh, if ya geht thaer fast enouh."

With these words, both bolted toward the last standing weed. William reached it first, and with a victorious war cry, he struck it down. He whirled to face his approaching friend, the wind rushing wildly through his hair, his blue eyes gleaming savagely. He grinned with a somewhat fiendish air.

"Ya'll 'ave ta larn ta be quicker 'an thaht, Hamish, or I'll get thum all befar ye can."

"Aye, thun, I knehw."

"Perhaps if I gave ya a haed start next time?"

"Why don' I simply knook ya don instead?"

Their conversation was brought to an abrupt halt by the inquisitive voice of a young girl, who was sitting on a low-hanging branch in a nearby tree.

"Are they all gone, thun?"

William turned and looked up at her.

"Aye, they're gohne; we're coomin' ta rehscewh ya nehw."

But the girl, obviously having found her role as the captured princess to be becoming somewhat monotonous, had already jumped from her perch and mounted her illusory steed, and was impatiently waiting for her deliverers to do the same.

"Coome on, thun, huhrry, or thah'll sen' mar sohlders ta kihll us all!"

The boys quickly mounted as well, and the three sprinted across the field to come to stand before another tree, where they dismounted. Murron smiled exuberantly.

"Nohw I can knight ya!"

She ran to the base of the tree, and retrieved two necklaces, which she had earlier made, using the long strips of leather that had formerly been braided into her hair, and thistles for pendants. She approached the boys with as much of an air of royalty as a girl of her age could manage. She turned to Hamish, and placed one of the necklaces about his neck.

"Ah'll need yer sword nohw, Hamish."

He handed her his weapon, and continued to stand and stare at her, clearly uncertain as to what to do next. After a moment, she leaned in to him, and whispered confidentially,

"Yer spossed ta kneel don."

He nodded and knelt and she tapped his shoulder with the sword.

"I know pruhnonce ya Sir Hamish Campbell."

She smiled, delighted with her ability to employ such a large word. Returning Hamish his sword, she then turned to William. He immediately gave to her his sword and knelt. She gently slipped the necklace over his head, and touched his shoulder with the sword.

"I know pruhnonce ya, Sir Wahliam Wallace."

He smiled at her and stood, taking his sword, which she held out to him. She clasped her hands together elatedly.

"Nowh we can go an' figh' a bah'le. An' I get ta 'ave a sword thus time."

She started toward the tree to obtain a weapon, but Hamish detained her by placing his hand on her arm.

"Noh, waiht, we fohrgoot soomthin'. Weh need facepaint, if we're goohna beh knights."

William frowned, and scrunched his face skeptically.

"Nah, we don'. Weh rescuh'd Murron, an' she knighted us foor i'. Facepaint has noothin ta do wuhth i'."

"Wahl, I say i' doos, an' I'm goona 'ave i' wether ya do ohr noh."

"But, Hamish, we don need i'!"

"I don kehre, I wohn i' anywey!"

Murron had been observing this conversation from a distance, and now decided to enter it.

"I think it's a nihce idea, Hamish. An' I have soom blue paint we can use; I can go get i'."

William turned to her, his expression making evident his incredulity. "But, Murron - "

"I like i', Wahliam. Please?"

He sighed, obviously not convinced of the necessity, but after a look at the pleading face of

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.