main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Breakaway - The Jedi's Plight" Discussion and Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by the_jedi_princess, May 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    The Story can be found here

Summery: Following the defeat of the Yuuzhan Vong, the Chiss have taken over the New Republic, vowing to wipe out the Jedi. Captured by the Chiss, a group of the Jedi, including a good portion of the Jedi Council, have been imprisoned. After over a year of nothing but the same thing, they finally find a way to escape. But the galaxy has changed more then they realise.

So, anyone interested in joining in? The rules and such are at the start of the actual story, but pretty much anything goes. :D

2. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
  3. jedi_bounty

jedi_bounty Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2002
    Hello,

I read your first post of the story and I really enjoyed it. I would love to help you write it, but I can't. You are probably asking, why can't you? Well, I can't because I'd ruin it. I don't know very much about NJO as I haven't read very many of the books, and I really still have no idea who the Chiss are, just that Jag's one. So, that's why I can't help. I hope you can find people to help write, and if I ever do learn more about NJO I might show up again and help if the story's still going. Who knows what will happen.

Good Luck!
    JB

4. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Hey jedi_princess. I've seen your posts on my fic. I'd be interested in becoming one of the other authors. :)

5. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    Consider yourself hired JediMasterKobe. Post whenever you want, whatever you want. But lets make the breakout a slow process. One grain of mortar at a time. ;)

6. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    I'd love to join in and help author this story. :)

It's sounds very interesting... [face_mischief] ;)

...but I'll leave the "luvey duvey" parts to the experts. ;) :p

You don't mind if I use an original character within the Rebel group that commands a Star Defender...do you? In any event, I'll get to work on coming up with some plot points. ;) :)

Oh, and by the way, do you have an outline of how the escape and different things are going to go, or is it just improve?

EDIT: I've typed up the next section. It is a space battle within the Unknown Regions, featuring a Chiss flotilla and a Rebel fleet struggling for control of a planet. I've assumed the Jedi are being held captive on Csilla- if not, it's only a minor reference in this section, so it won't really affect much should I need to change it. :)

Just give me the go and it's posted. ;) :)

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

7. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    You know, I never even thought about where to have them located. I like your idea, and I think OC's are going to be important in this story, so bring them on and I'll add them to character list. All I need is rank and name, and possibly the name of the ship.

8. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Alright, I've posted it. ;)

As for my OC's, here you go:

Kilch Kanomin; Fleet Admiral- Captain of the MC Star Defender Blazed Glory (Male Ewok)
    Ije Gib; Commander- Delta Squad Leader (Male Human)

I also have put in an original planet, called "Multawumba", located in the Unknown Regions. ;) :)

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

9. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    oooh, I got one. Can I bring back Anakin Solo? and I have an OC that maybe I can use in here...Anakin's g/f Kitana Secura (daughter of Aayla). pleeeeeeeeeease? :)

10. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    Anakin Solo's g/f has been, and always will be, Tahiri Veila. Sorry.

Ah nuts. I forgot about Tahiri!!! Anyone want to bring her in?

11. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    sigh, I guess I can bring in that Sith-spawned, no-shoes wearing child. :p "sadly watches as Kitana Secura slowly waves buh-bye" :(

12. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    I actually like Tahiri. Besides, she was Anakin's g/f when he died, and that's the way it's going to be.

As for bringing Tahiri into the story, just dump her on Kirana Ti and Kyle Katarn and let them deal with her. But don't forget little Ben Skywalker and Jan Ors Katarn, who will be traveling with them.

Note: The time frame of this story is 31.5 ABY.

13. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    duskwings has put up a new and awesome post. Check it out; we have Chiss characters. :D

14. duskwings

duskwings Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    I know I'm not really the person to be doing this (the_jedi_princess is the head of this, after all), but I'm thinking maybe we should organize the posting a little more, and try to get an idea of the shape this story is taking. To that end, I'm going to spew some ideas. Feel free to ignore them. 8-}

First of all, about my two OCs. Tiinte is a troublemaker, emotional, and very "human." His actions at the end of my post are somewhat open to interpretation, but it's very possible that he's going to betray the Chiss. In fact, he's written that way. Because of that, he can be a very, very useful character. I don't think he should be overused, but he might be able to help a little more in the escape of the Jedi. And he could go with them, as well.

Eleita, however, is a different matter. She is not about to betray the Chiss. Although she has a soft-spot for Tiinte, she is very duty-oriented, and she will probably not betray the Chiss. (Although if Tiinte were convincing enough, an interested author could make it so.)

My current idea for dealing with these two is a little strange. Currently, my major plan is that Tiinte knocks Eleita out when she's about to discover that the Jedi are escaping, then dies (or not) somehow, whether killed by the Chiss for desertion and treason or killed by the Jedi in their hurry to escape. The Chiss tell Eleita that Tiinte was killed by the Jedi, just to avoid taking the blame for Tiinte's death (or perhaps maliciously, to build up hatred in Eleita towards the Jedi) and she becomes angry at the Jedi and swears vengeance. She then goes on to head a team of Chiss who hunt on several worlds to retrieve the Jedi. It's also possible that Tiinte doesn't die--he might escape with the Jedi, and the Chiss simply tell her that the Jedi killed him.

However, that's just my opinion, and you're free to take them wherever you want (though please stay sort of in character--not that there's much character there to stay in ;)).

As for the rest of the story, I have some suggestions there, too. The Rebels should probably take Multawumba, then try to . . . well, not take Csilla, but jump in, retrieve the Jedi, and jump out. If I had to guess, the Rebel forces are currently no match for all of the Chiss fleet, so they can't exactly take over Csilla quite yet.

As for the escapees, I hope they can escape through the window. I don't know how long it would take, but it seems to be their only option, unless you're really easy on them and just let Tiinte free them in an hour or so. ;) So they escape, and at the same time, the fleet from Multawumba jumps in, retrieves them, and jumps out. Although it might be more interesting to have the Jedi try to survive on Csilla for a while, then have the fleet pick them up. Or maybe have a small strike force jump into the system and fail, and then replan and make another strike. That might fit the time-line more.

Of course, the Chiss would probably try to take back Multawumba many times . . . maybe the Rebel forces are on the verge of retreating when Han, Mirax, and Wedge arrive in-system to make them stay and launch a strike. Or have just Han, Mirax, Kyle, and Wedge make a strike. That might be interesting.

As for villains . . . well, we need to decide about villains. Is High Admiral Fel going to be the one behind this, and therefore an evil/power-hungry guy? Or is it going to be the head of the Chiss, whatever he's called? I personally think both might be nice--the head of the Chiss (possibly someone styling himself as the emperor) commands High Admiral Fel, the commander of his army, and they're both in cahoots.

I just looked up Chiss in the Unofficial Star Wars Encyclopedia, and it says that the Chiss are generally non-violent, and "viewed the idea of a pre-emptive strike against an enemy as if it were murder." So, is there a government cover-up, or do we want to change the nature of the Chiss? I personally

15. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    "Blocking" is when someone posts one thing, then someone else posts something that cancels out the first person's post. Eg. I post that a character has died, and then, in your post, you say that the character is alive and well and that it was just an illusion. It confuses the readers, and makes the story crap.

I've been trying to get more people to post, but am currently having problems doing so. I'll get on __Angel__'s back tomorrow about it.

16. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    I visited the SWUOE and checked up on the Chiss, and it said that whie they are non-violent, they are also always at war and conquest, though it is usually defensive in nature. Well make them, well, non-defensive. :p

17. DropkickJake

DropkickJake Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    hmmm..... im trying decide whether or not to put up some original characters. i'll give u guys that choice.

yes or no?

18. JediMasterKobe

Apr 10, 2003
    Sure, I don't see why not. But it depends on t_j_p. :)

19. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    OC's are fine, but we must remember that the story is "The Jedi's Plight". They seem to be getting lost in the action.

20. DropkickJake

Feb 1, 2003
    these oc will be involved w/ the jedi's plight

21. DropkickJake

Feb 1, 2003
    uhhh i feel bad; i thot i already posted this.....

i cannot do the next post

i just got back from camp, and now i have shiznit loads of summer homework to do

so sorry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.