main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~-~-~Breakin' My Heart~-~-~ K/J/J Song Viggie **COMPLETED 3/20**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Bellyup, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    Disclaimer These aren't actually Georgie's original chars but I have no idea who wrote the NJO books, so I'll just say, that these are based on the characters and situations created by Mr. G. The lyrics to the song are by Twila Paris--a fantastic singer and one of my very favorites.

Dedicated to Jade_Max-who converted me to K/J with her amazing Not Strong Enough To Say No, and who inspired me to write mush...Thanks ever so much!!

Note to Unfortunate Readers My first time ever writing NJO chars, let alone the dynamic duo, let alone the dynamic duo's MUSH!! So don't be too hard on me. :)

~~~~~~Breakin? My Heart~~~~~~

by Bellyup

~~~~~~INTRODUCTION~~~~~~ (the song comes in parts 2 and 3)

Jaina swung herself out of her X-Wing, her dirty face glowing with exhilaration as cheers arose from the crowds that were waiting on the platform, welcoming the fighters home. With a quick movement, she pulled off her helmet and tossed her long, dark hair, smiling at the other glowing faces all around her: her family, friends, co-pilots?everyone she and her Squadron knew and loved. She climbed down the ladder quickly, gracefully, and turned to see a familiar figure rushing out of the crowds towards her.

?Jaina!?

Jagged Fel rushed up to Jaina and hugged her tightly, planting a brief kiss on her forehead. She smiled up at him as he smoothed her dark hair away from her face; his touch, cool and gentle.

?I was worried about you.? He whispered, his clear green eyes clouding over with the former anxiety he had been feeling. ?When that one ship exploded so near to you, I??

His voice trembled and he bit his lip, not wanting to finish the dreaded thought. Jaina?s amber-coloured eyes smiled and she touched his cheek tenderly.

?I?m fine now, everyone is. That?s all that matters.? She said, comfortingly.

Jag?s face cleared as he smiled back at her, revealing his shining white teeth, and he bent down to place a slow, gentle kiss on her lips. She sighed in pleasure, and for a moment, it was just the two of them in their own private world. Then her family was all around her?Han and Leia hugged her tightly, Leia weeping slightly with relief and happiness, and Jacen was there too. Dear old Jacen?she could see the remains of worry in his eyes and she realized how concerned her family must had been for her. Kyp Durron was standing a few feet away from the happy reunion; his dark hair was shaggy and unkempt and the ferocious scowl on his lips and in his dark green eyes made him look strangely murderous. She bounced up to him and flung her arms around his neck.

?Oh Kyp!? She cried, tears suddenly coming to her eyes. ?You don?t know how frightened I was up there! I was so sure we were all going to die??

His large, muscular arms, always a haven of comfort for Jaina, encircled her, crushing her to his chest in a protective embrace.

?You had us all pretty worried for a while.? He responded gruffly, and his features softened slightly. She smiled at him through her tears, and tilted her chin upwards for the kiss he was always so glad to offer. Something dangerous flashed in his eyes, and he pulled away from her abruptly. Jaina felt puzzled.

?Why Kyp,? She asked, disappointed. ?Aren?t you glad to see me??

The man?s jaw tightened. ?Oh, I?m glad to see you Goddess, it?s just some others I?m not particularly fond of.?

With a curt nod, he spun on his heel and strode away, pushing through the crowd out to the hall. Something inside Jaina snapped. As tired as she was, she knew that she had to go after him. Since the beginning of the month, Kyp had been acting more and more unreasonable with every passing day. He rarely spoke to her at all, except for the occasional monosyllable or brief greeting. The familiar smile of his that she had grown to love so much was never even hinted at anymore and now this! Not even an indication of warmth after she barely managed to escape being turned into space

2. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    I'm a Jag fan, although I was little appalled Kyp kissed Jaina, this fic is really good.

~aeryn

3. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    Yay, Kyp!!!! :D This is what he needs to do in the books... just overwhelm her with all of that passion he's keeping locked away inside.

Great post!

4. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Wow, that was wonderful, Bellyup! :D

I can't wait until part 2! :)

5. duskwings

duskwings Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    Wow. May I say that that was absolutely glorious mush? I mean the K/J mush, of course. What other mush was there? :D

6. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    **cries**

ANOTHER PERSON I'VE LOST TO KYPISM!

First it was amithyst, then my beloved fishi (and I used to be her beta! :( ), and now Bellyup has been converted.... :_| :_|

7. Bellyup

Jun 29, 2002
    Aeryn :D Thanks! I'm personally a K/J fan, so you might be even more appaled as the second and third parts come up! lol.

Val Ahh yes...passionate Kyp! ;) I've never actually read the books, only fanfics on here, so I'm really winging this as to how these guys should act! Thanks for dropping by!

Oh ever-faithful Monica! Thank-you so much for reading yet another one of my little pieces of scribble. :)

Duskwings [face_blush] Yes you may...lol. My first time writing K/J mush, and people like it!! Whoopee!! *does little jig* By the way, welcome to the boards! I haven't seen you around before!

Saber-Of-Light How can I not be a K/J-er after reading Not Strong Enough?! It's not my fault! *points to Jade* Blame her! :D Thanks for dropping in anyway!

8. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    oooh..*fans self* my, is it a little warm in here? [face_blush] mm...i'm loving it :D :D

~TJF

9. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    ANOTHER PERSON I'VE LOST TO KYPISM!

Saber, I know about Amethyst. She'd pm'd me a couple time asking me to read a Kyp/Jaina fanfic here on board, but I always had to remind her I'm a Jag/Jaina 'shipper.

~aeryn

10. Bellyup

Jun 29, 2002
    TJF: LOL-Thanks! :D

I'm working on the next part right now...

11. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
  12. Bellyup

Jun 29, 2002
    :) Thanks Monica!!

PART 1

There?s an ache in my heart,
    I?ve been away, we?ve been apart.
    I?ve been trying to hide,
    Swallowed in fear, covered in pride.

Truth analyzed:
    Rebel disguised in smiles.

Jaina was glad when she was called away for two weeks to help coach in a training session for young pilots. She needed something to keep her mind off what had happened in the corridor with Kyp, and coaching headstrong teenagers was just the thing. The two weeks flew by too quickly for her liking?she had been caught up in a whirl of activity, leaving no room for treacherous thinking. But now that she was coming back home?she shivered slightly as she landed her ship on the platform and let the hatch down, the mental image of Kyp?s green eyes burning into her mind.

A few minutes later, the door of the Solo residence was flung open and Jaina bounced in, calling excitedly, ?Mom, Dad?I?m home!?

Her parents and brother came to greet her happily. Even two weeks without the young woman?s sparkling eyes and snappy temper left the place feeling empty and incomplete. Jaina glanced around the room, half expectant, half afraid.

?Where?s Kyp?? She asked cautiously. ?He?s usually here to welcome me back.?

Han gave a little shrug. ?We haven?t seen him for ages. It seems like he?s never around any more.?

?Oh.? Jaina tried not to appear too relieved, but she couldn?t help exhaling loudly. Thank the Force she wouldn?t have to face him yet. However, as the rest of the day dragged on, she began to grow restless and nervous. Had he forgotten all about her? Was he just busy at this time and couldn?t come to see her? Did he mean to keep away from her from now on because of the incident in the corridor?? As much as Jaina wanted him to come and speak to her, she was much too afraid to actually search him out?too afraid of what he might say, of what other secrets might be revealed. She paced the living room floor?first sitting down in a chair, then going to look at a picture on the wall, walking the length of the floor until her heels began to ache; waiting?waiting?

Finally Leia came into the room, exasperation written plainly on her face.

?Jaina, will you stop that?? She cried. ?You?re acting as bad as Kyp does these days! I don?t know what?s coming over you two.?

Jaina groaned in frustration and sank onto the couch, covering her face in her hands.

?I don?t know?I guess I?m just bored or something.?

Leia eyed her daughter curiously. She couldn?t remember the last time Jaina had been bored.

?Well you had better find something to do before you drive both of us crazy. Why don?t you call up Jag? See if he wants to go out tonight.? She suggested.

Jaina nodded slowly. If anyone could keep her mind occupied and interested, Jag could.

?Alright, I?ll find out where he is.? She was about to stand up when the front door buzzed suddenly. At the sound of the noise, Jaina jumped up off the couch, her heart beginning to beat loudly. Wondering if she should either go out and meet Kyp or run away and hide, she paused for a moment, trying to decide. Leia raised her eyebrows and glanced at her daughter.

?Do you want me to get the door?? She prompted.

?O-oh, no! No, I?I?ll get it.? Jaina forced a nervous smile on her face and walked over to the door, tucking a stray lock of hair behind her ear. She felt strangely excited, and yet, scared.

Scared! She scoffed to herself. It?s only Kyp Durron! But now she knew a deeper side to her old Jedi Master, a side that frightened and confused her, and she wasn?t at all sure that being scared of him was such a foolish thing after all. Taking a deep breath, she pushed a button on the control panel and the door slid open to reveal?

?Jag?!? Jaina gasped in surprise. ?What are you doing here??

The happy smile on Jagged Fel?s face faded.

?I thought you?d be glad to see me. I was just coming to say hello and welcome you back home.? He replied, obviously upset; as upset as the Colonel could be, anywa

13. duskwings

duskwings Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    Ha! Take that, Jag! :D

Lovely post. Jaina is very much in denial over her love for Kyp. It wasn't exactly mush, but it was certainly tension. And in some ways, UST is even better than mush.

Oh, and I'm only sort-of-new. I showed up for a brief time in January, then disappeared for a couple months, then reappeared. And I don't post much . . . I just lurk on most of the K/J fics. So yeah, I'm kind of a new face around here. But either way, thanks for the welcome!

-duskwings

14. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Hmm, you really shouldn't call this fic a love triangle is Jag doesn't fight for his woman.

~aeryn

15. alain_bioras

alain_bioras Jedi Master star 2

Oct 17, 2002
    Hey, Bellyup! You've got a great story going here! (it's about time I found it ;) )

As far as how you're doin' on your first K/J fic, I don't think you need to worry. You've got 'the dinamic duo' nailed perfectly. [though I think Jaina's 5'3 height wise (and for future reference, Kyp's 5'10)] Force, you've even got J/Jers readin' this, so that should tell you somethin' right there. :D

16. Crimson_Sabre

Crimson_Sabre Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 20, 2002
    Aeryn, find me the rule that says she can't label it whatever she pleases.

Pretty tough? It's because no such rule exists.

AND, if you'll notice the beginning, the author clearly states that she gives credit to Jade_Max for converting her to K/J.

What does that tell you? Maybe that this will be mainly a K/J? Nobody's forcing you to read this, so take it easy when it comes to small, petty things like the title of a story.

17. Hail_Jaina

Hail_Jaina Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 30, 2002
    this is really good so far!!!!! I can't wait for the next part ^_^

18. Bellyup

Jun 29, 2002
    Duskwings: Oh...ok. I saw that you had registered in Januray, but I hadn't really seen you around, so I thought I'd say hi. Thanks for your great review--I was going for the tension in this post! :)

Aeryn: Well...this fic has both J/J and K/J in it--Jaina is practically engaged to Jag at this point, and then Kyp comes and messes things up. So that's why I made the title the way I did. I'm sorry if you thought there was going to be more J/J. If you don't want to continue reading this, I completely understand. I have left off stories when I didn't like what was happening in them, or they were too boring or other reasons like that, and I won't be offended if you leave. :)

Alain: Ack--I knew I was going to get that wrong!! I had their heights in meters and I was trying to convert to feet/inches--bad mathematics on my part! I'll go back and correct that-lol. :p Thanks for coming in! :D

Crimson: *blinks* Why, thank-you for coming to my defense so quickly. :) I hope you're enjoying this!

Hail_Jaina: :D Thanks a heap!!

19. Monica_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    Wow, that was incredible! :D

I loved all the wonderful mush [face_love], and I can't wait to see what happens next! :D :D

20. Bellyup

Jun 29, 2002
    [face_blush] Thanks Monica!

21. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Ooh, very, very nice! Me like tons! :D Sorry I didn't respond to this earlier, I just barely discovered this.

Dana

22. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    (Ha, finally I'm not extremely late in replying to a story of yours! :D)

Very good so far!

23. Bellyup

Jun 29, 2002
    :) No prob Dana! Glad you like it!

You just keep following me around, don't you Doggans? lol. Thanks so much! :)

The next part is almost done--up this afternon hopefully!

24. Bellyup

Jun 29, 2002
    Wheehaw!!!!! Last part!!!

PART 2 ? 10 days later

I feel so insecure,
    Tender and weak, scared and unsure.
    I?ve been peeled to the core
    My head is tired, my heart is sore.

Jaina?s eyes widened and she took a convulsive step backwards, clapping a hand over her mouth to stifle a cry.

?No?? The sound tore itself from her throat in a pitiful moan as tears began to course down her cheeks. ?No, it can?t be true! It just can?t!!?

?Now Jaina, you must have seen it coming. Wasn?t there any sign?? Leia?s heart ached for her daughter and she tried to speak as tenderly and gently as possible, but Jaina interrupted her.

?Seen it coming??? She cried wildly. ?Seen it coming?! Oh how could you say that? Its Kyp?s fault not mine! Oh, Kyp, Kyp?how could you do this to me???

Sobbing uncontrollably, Jaina ran blindly out of the room, out of the apartment, not knowing where she was going. She just wanted, somehow, to get away from the awful truth that her Mother had suddenly sprung upon her.

Jag had left her.

The words slammed into her mind with every pounding beat of her heart. He had left her, just gone off and left her; and as if that wasn?t enough, he had chosen someone else to marry. Even though she didn?t want to believe it, she knew in her heart that she had seen it coming. Jag had been acting uneasy around her?when they were alone, they were tense, stiff, and brightly polite. Things just hadn?t been the same between them since Kyp had announced, no, broadcasted his feelings for her, and Jaina had known it. It had been all downhill between her and Jag for the last month.

Why did he do this to me? She screamed mentally. Why did he have to go and ruin my life? Why couldn?t things stay the same between us all? Why, why, why?

Breakin? my heart,
    You?ve been breaking my heart again ?
    Making me start again.
    Breakin? my heart.

The tears streaming from her eyes blinded her and she bumped into someone, someone?she realized as she looked up?that she never wanted to see as long as she lived. Kyp.

?Will you get out of my way Durron!? She screamed, pushing him roughly aside. ?You?ve caused enough trouble already!?

?Whoah little lady, what?s got into you?? Kyp grabbed her wrists, his tone half teasing, half genuinely surprised.

?I am not your little lady?let go of me!!? She wrestled heatedly with him, trying to break away, furious at his touch.

?Not until you tell me what this is all about.? Kyp replied firmly. ?How have I caused oh-so-much trouble??

?You know very well!? Jaina sobbed. ?You?you?oh Kyp!?

Her fury died away as suddenly as it had come and was replaced by a sense of exhaustion and sorrow. She relaxed under his grip and, burying her face in his shirt, clung to him desperately and wept. Kyp was confused to say the least, but he put his arms around her and waited patiently for her to stop.

Jaina cried until her throat ached and her chest was tired; she cried until Kyp?s shirt was soaked; she cried until she thought she could cry no more, and then she kept on crying. All the tears that had built up over the last three and a half weeks were let lose in a torrent of anger, frustration and sorrow. She had hardly ever cried as a child, and she had never cried this much before in all of her life. When she finally stopped, she was so weak that she could barely stand, and Kyp was forced to hold on to her so that she wouldn?t collapse.

He rummaged around in his pocket, pulling out a handkerchief that was relatively clean, and handed it silently to her. She accepted it with a last sniff, blew her nose and wiped her face. With a long shuddering sigh, she managed the tiniest of smiles.

?Well, that was good to get off my chest.?

Kyp raised his eyebrows and looked down at his wet shirt.

?Yes, but you transferred it to my chest, which isn?t so good.? He commented dryly. Jaina gave a queer, hiccupping laugh and handed the handkerchief back.

?Oh, I?m so so

25. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Oh wow! I love it! That was amazing and beautifully written! Wonderful, Bellyup!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.