main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Breaking News: DARTH VADER themed TV Specials to come 2014 from Disney!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CeiranHarmony, Oct 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    spicer likes this.
  2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Darth Vader will be the character who survives, mostly because anyone can be Vader.

3. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    I hope they can live up to the standard set by the Holiday Special.

Riven_JTAC, cdgodin, lbr789 and 8 others like this.
  4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Maybe we're finally getting Vader's Legacy! 8-}

5. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    TV Special #1 will be titled: The Glove of Darth Vader: A Prequel to the famous novel series!

or they finally turned TFU into tv movies and get us TFU 3 on tv? or adaptions of Dark Horse's Vader comics...

6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Hayden Christiansen has a sudden career revival, stuck into a Vader costume, hidden behind a mask, with no actual speaking required.

7. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I hope that they don't go child-silly with these. Phineas and Ferb is one thing since it's actually pretty funny sometimes; Detours looked okay; but if they start going Disney Sitcom with these I'll just sit, stare, and facepalm epically. If it's a serious show, though, or at least a good comedy, it should be good.

8. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    Bring it on!

::hopes Palpatine will appear as well::

spicer likes this.
  9. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I can see it now: Darth Vader and the Week of Sweeps...

fett 4, TrakNar and Jedi Ben like this.
  10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    "Darth Vader themed" and "sitcom" don't exactly mix.

The idea has potential. The execution remains to be seen.

...and by that I mean Force-choking, or bisection by lightsaber.

Arawn_Fenn and Revanfan1 like this.
  11. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I was under the impression Disney didn't want any sitcom/parody SW thing about - isn't that why they cancelled Detours?

My quick Google search shows Phineas and Ferb to be a comedic cartoon series so it does seem contradictory that they would cancel Detours but put the go-ahead on this. I guess they're okay with a one-off but not a weekly series.

12. Shadow_imperium

Shadow_imperium Jedi Master

May 14, 2004
    Coming Summer 2014 it's, Darth Vader's Summer Adventure.

Vader goes to camp on Endor, but things don't go as planned as he gets stuck bunking with a ragtag group of misfits including a Jawa named Butch, a Gungan in a hoverchair, and Greedo. To make things worse, the cool cabin, led by Boba Fett has their eyes set on tormenting Vader and his group. Can Vader get along with his new bunk mates in time to win the annual boat race, beat Boba at his own game, and maybe learn a little about life while they're at it? Find out in Darth Vader's Summer Adventure!

13. CaptainPeabody

CaptainPeabody Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 15, 2008
    I presume by "TV special," they mean "call-in benefit concert," with Darth Vader answering viewer questions about his career and performing his greatest hits on request?

I'm down.

14. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Live... The Force Choke of Motti!

Adrian the Cool, Grey1 and TrakNar like this.
  15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The Chase scene from The Jedi Who Knew Too Much but more Vader and Imperialized.

16. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Don't forget, Vader apparently never runs...Vader-izing the chase means he'd be walking the whole time. :p

17. Loopy777

Loopy777 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2013
    It was if a thousand prospective Dark Horse miniseries cried out and were suddenly silenced...

18. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Boy, this came out of the blue, didn't it? Interesting that they note: SpecialS. As in, more than one. I wonder what on earth they could wind up being. Animated shorts done by different directors and studios, a la Gotham Knight or Halo Legends? A "bridge-the-gap" live action series telling the story of what happens to Vader between trilogies? A mockumentary similar to the one already done about Wicket? A behind-the-scenes series talking about the people to play Vader over the years?

We'll just have to wait and see.

Ulicus and Mia Mesharad like this.
  19. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Now that's an intriguing thought, one I hadn't even considered.

I'm inclined to think we'll be getting something in the spirit of Dark Horse's Vader stories. Either Purge-like Jedi hunting, or Darth Vader and- style stand-alone missions dealing with various "important" aspects of solidifying the Empire's power and putting down dissidents.

20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    JEJ has done narrated John Williams concerts using the Vader voice before, so who knows?

Personally, I'd prefer Vader's take on American Idol. We've seen Vader dance at Disney World, but nobody's heard him sing. If Leia could do it in the Holiday Special...

CaptainPeabody likes this.
  21. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    episode 2 and 3 were already sitcoms. just add a laugh track to the love scenes and walaa.

22. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Maybe it'll be like Freddy's Nightmares, where Vader introduces various tales of horror that don't end up having anything to do with him.

I can just see him sitting in an armchair, looking up from a book and saying "Oh! Hello. I didn't see you come in."

23. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    I don't see Kemp's duology in that plan.

24. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Darth Vader.... Imperial Apprentice

12 would-be students but only 1 will be the Imperial Apprentice, watch Vader cull the herd one at a time week in, week out.

Grey1 likes this.
  25. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Um, not sure if I should be bored or worried at this news. Yeah, Darth Vader is one of the easiest characters to focus on, but not sure what a TV special could accomplish. Well, it would be remarkable if it was worse than the holiday special, but after TCW, I wouldn't underestimate their writing.

Although if it was Vader and Palpatine in the style of Pinky and the Brain, that could be funny... no idea where I got that comparison from. Aside from the fact that the Pinky and the Brain series was hilarious.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.