main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BREAKING NEWS: ILM knows better than TFN members!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Billy_Dee_Binks, Jun 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Sorry I started another thread about this anti-CGI issue but I'm here to let the "fans" know that Industrial, Light and Magic has greater knowledge about CGI and Special Effects than anyone else.

The visual effects in AOTC are groundbreaking. Not even LOTR's ROTK featured effects of this quality.

I have three guesses about the Clone Trooper issue but let me start that I didn't notice that the Clones weren't actors in suits but CGI until I read it prior seeing the movie. Why? Because it's almost impossible to notice- *waits for you know what kind of people*.

I believe ILM didn't use suits and CGI models for one reason: COST SAVING.

Instead of buildings suits and working on CG Clones they just had to put more effort into the CGI ones and therefor didn't have to go the extra mile and have these suits BUILT, HIRING actors, FILM them and whatnot.
    It is very hard to blend real with fact mediums- other movies failed this task. You can do anything with a CGI model. They don't have to be used for impossible-to-film-with-actors scenes.

The only thing that could make fans notice fakeness, IMO are the chrome visors- wheras you easier noticed the digital stunt double of Jango.

So, even if some STILL think my theory is wrong then you can also believe ILM used digital soldiers just to show off that they can do almost anything. Afterall, Lucas likes to use the newest technology possible- even if he has to invent it/ let it be invented first.

ILM is still the best special effects company in the World. Thanks to George Lucas for founding it.

You can bring these points up in an anti-CGI thread when it occurs. As it stands I don't see this heading anywhere good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.