main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark BREAKING NEWS-- MIDNIGHT SHOW AT RAVE

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Master_Vader, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Vader

Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2003
    I just talked to the manager of Rave and they do not plan on having a midnight showing....repeat No Midnight showing at Rave.

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    What?! :eek: You got to be kidding...

Then who? Who would in LR?

3. Jedi_Master_Vader

Aug 27, 2003
    Ill call breckenridge

4. Jedi_Master_Vader

Aug 27, 2003
    weird, they asked for my name and purpose at breckenridge before i could speak to him

5. Jedi_Master_Vader

Aug 27, 2003
    Alright heres the deal for breckenridge, the manager said she does not know when they will know about a midnight showing nor when the tix for normal showings will come out, she suspected at the end of the month she will know.

I will keep a close eye on this, that is if everyone would like to see a midnight showing

Im thinking, get tix for evening show on the 19th for rave, and if breckenridge gets a midnight showing sell the rave tix on ebay or just go to both showings

6. Wet_Fett

Wet_Fett Jedi Master star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    im gonna try to set up a midnight party in conway...if anyone wants to know

7. sithsarbad

sithsarbad Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2003
    I just called the rave and they said they still were not sure and to call back in three days....

EDIT: dude we should totally try to work something out with the rave. I mean we are an offical fan club. There has got to be some way. We should get Henry to go up there, or anyone for that matter and have a One on one conversation with the manager.

8. Jedi_Master_Vader

Aug 27, 2003
    We can try that, but the manager was very stern that they would not have a midnight showing

Perhaps if we all went out but only had henry talk one-on-one

9. sithsarbad

Feb 2, 2003
    I'm down.

We are going to have a midnight showing for ROTS

I don't care where it is.

Hell, I may even call the small theater here in Cabot if I have too.

10. obehavekenobi

obehavekenobi Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2004
    Come to Memphis. If Rave is going to be stupid and turn down obvious profits that kind of event would generate (not necessarily that night, but in publicity), then we should forget 'em. Go to Memphis and make that event that much better!
    --Jacob

11. Die_Jedi_Dogs

Die_Jedi_Dogs Jedi Master star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    Oooo...going to Memphis would be really cool.

If henry goes to talk to the manager, he needs to wear his armor and whip some managerial a**.

12. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Yeah but if I wear the arnor and he gets mad I cant run. And you know that we Trooper turn and run. It sounds like a good idea but I cant get to the Rave till at least Saturday, maybe later (I hate living away from the action). I had already thought about Memphis if no one around here is doing it. Even though Im blowing all my vaction days on CIII. I would still take off to go to Memphis and hang out with the Memphis Fan FOrce again there all really cool cant wait till summer and drive in nights start up again.

13. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Wait, before we jump the gun to Memphis let's look around. While Memphis has extraordinary DLP theater, I am not sure I'll make that kinda drive for a midnight showing.

I am getting confused by who all has had discussions with the Rave management team. Who has talked to him/her and when? It is all about approach, people. If we jump ahead of ourselves and start massively calling management, we won't get a midnight showing... period. Henry needs to set up a meeting, if he hasn't already. Most of this is about explanation and purpose. Radio/TV stations need to be called. If they want a showing, Rave will do it - hands down. There may still be hope yet if this is handled professionally - not by bombarding them with phone calls.

Greg, are any of the theaters here in Hot Springs plan on showing ROTS at midnight? If so, we could manage it here. I know that would be a drive for some of you, but it beats us down here making a 4-5 hour drive to Memphis.

14. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    I don't see a reason WHY the Rave WOULD NOT do a midnight showing. The Trilogy showing of LotR was awesome and the turn out was spectacular. So I have faith that they will do it, but we must not keep bombarding them with calls that's for sure. Cuz when I talked with the gentleman back last month (mid Mar) he didn't know, but he saw no reason why they wouldn't be able too.

So let's wait and do this 'professionally' ;) Juz please keep us in the loop is all I ask.

15. sithsarbad

Feb 2, 2003
    I don't know. I think that we should call them and ask them what can we do to help out the sitiuation. If there is anything we, fan force, can do to show them that a midnight showing will be worth it. I don't know if they are affraid of the turn out or what, but we need to do whatever it takes.

If they say No for sure. We should start a petition.

When I talked to someone last night, as I said, she told me to call back in 3 days.

I think the more we call, the more they will realize that a midnight showing is an awesome idea...

If it comes down to it, is any one intrested in having one at Cabot?? Or maybe Conway????

16. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Ok Im putting my foot down no one else please call the Rave. I called and talked to one of the Managament team personally and gave him my word that I would ask everyone to quit calling. Now for the real news they are showing EIII ROTS Thur. 5-19-05 12:01am. Tickets go on sell this Friday at 11:30 am. Its early but who would be interested in showing up around 10:30 in costume to get tickets. I may go real early just cepends on if I have to work Friday night or not.

17. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    This Fri? Don't think I'll be able to...which bites. (Since I'm taking off Wed - Fri next week)

I'll have to some how swing by to get tickets. I guess we have to specifically ask for those correct?

[face_thinking] I'll have to swing by after work Fri to pick mine up. I don't get off until 4ish PM.

18. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    I went to see TPM and AOTC midnite showing at Tinseltown in Benton. That was where i planned on going next month.

19. Jedi_Master_Vader

Aug 27, 2003
    Henry that is really weird, because I talked to the manager of Rave and he said they would not have a showing and didnt plan on having one, that is good news though that i was wrong

20. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Will tickets be available online on Friday?

21. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Now for the real news they are showing EIII ROTS Thur. 5-19-05 12:01am.

Ahhh... patience children. It's a virtue. ;) :D

22. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    I figured they'd do it, I mean why wouldn't they? They did the Trilogy showing for all 3 LotR and man did that rock!!!

Can't wait :) C3 Next week and Ep 3 the next month!

23. penzargrat

penzargrat Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 7, 2001
    I'll be seeing Episode III at midnight opening day at the same place I saw Episodes I and II at midnight opening day...on the digital screen at the Malco Majestic in Memphis! Well, it wasn't digital for Episode I, but it was for Episode II. And I was amazed at the quality and how there were NONE of those dad-gum cracks and pops that you occasionally see and hear when you see a movie on film.

(Of course, it helps that I only live an hour away from Memphis, and I live two and a half hours from Little Rock. ;))

24. obehavekenobi

obehavekenobi Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2004
    So did anyone get tickets yet?

I just checked and they weren't available at movietickets.com.

25. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Ramon is supposed to be picking mine, his, and Duncan's (my kid) up at the Rave. He hasn't called me yet to tell me whether those tickets were for the midnight showing or juz showing times in general.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.