main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Lit BREAKING NEWS: Star Wars Live Action TV Series in Works, due out 2019!! From Jon Favreau!!!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Nov 9, 2017.

1. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Not true if it's CGI

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. sidv88

sidv88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2005
    They might not even need Billy Dee for CGI Lando. CGI Leia in Rogue One was not played by Carrie Fisher.

3. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 25, 2016
    I don’t see why it’s a leap to assume that Thrawn would ask a Sith to help fight another darkside faction.

Thrawn clearly holds authoritarian views, so he’s not exactly on the side of the Light. The motivating factor for him refers to a threat to his people...that’s not a good vs evil thing, that’s a survival thing. If one Dark Side faction is willing to help him defeat another Dark Side faction then I can’t see why he would take issue with it.

kalzeth likes this.
  4. sidv88

sidv88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2005
    The issue becomes that Palpatine is as much a threat to the Chiss as Snoke, if Snoke was who thrawn was afraid of. Any deal Palpatine makes for the Chiss can be altered at any time, as Lando saw in ESB, and surely Thrawn knows this.

The Vong was different as Palpatine had reason to fear them. I haven't seen anything from Snoke that would indicate Palpatine feared him. Palpatine might want to join Snoke, and then where would the chiss be if snoke was the threat?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

kalzeth likes this.
  5. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 25, 2016
    Well Thrawn does go out of his way to conceal where exactly in the Uknown Regions the Chiss inhabit, so it's not as if he especially trusts Palpatine either. Plus, recent history for when Thrawn was around shows that the Sith aren't exactly the type to play friendly with other Darksiders...Maul and the Nightsisters are a big example of that. And then if you take into consideration that Thrawn was already making plans for a Post-Palpatine Empire back at the Battle of Batonn...

kalzeth likes this.