main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Breast Cancer Walk-Team Mos Alba!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by varza, Mar 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    yea my mom's been sick so she has not made it to work with my Donations package

2. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    um, bob what is up with your name? its gone?

very cool! i can't wait for the walk, i think we will have a great time!

3. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Eh? What do you mean?

4. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    don't know for some reason before you posted today nothing was there for your name... it was very off, no title icon or nothing...

I also just noticed we are at 450.00 at the moment, I better hurry Bob is out raising me! :p

5. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Hmmm, I guess it seems to be okay.

And yeah, Varza, I am outraising ya! And that's only the donations that I've gotten the money in hand and that's only about 1/2 the people I'm trying to extort!

6. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    okay time for me to track some people down now... good thing i will be at the other store tomorrow they owe me mulla there big time.

7. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Alrighty. I have one vote for starting at 9am. How's that sit with everyone else?

8. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    9 sounds good to me, but where do we meet at?

9. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    9am is perfect for me. I think we are starting outside either dillards or the food court at Cottonwood Mall. How are we meet outside the movie theater at 9am then we can make our way over the the actual sign in? Or would you rahter meet up at say 8:45am?

10. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    9am works for me, unless you want to meet earlier!

11. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    don't think i can make it any earlier. i am not a morning person... wish they would do these walks at night time. :p

12. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I posted an announcement about the walk on Fanforce which you can read here:

Strides against Breast Cancer

And I posted your meeting information here:

April 18th Meeting

If you need me to make any changes or additions to the two articles above, just let me know, it is not a problem. Since I can't walk with you guys, I am going to donate $25 to the general club fund. Get another $25 and you will have reached your goal. Good luck!

13. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Rock on, MJF!!!!!

14. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    thank you so much Mara Jade!!

15. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Usually, I'm not one to boast, but check out our Team Page at the Making Strides site.

BOOOYAH!!!!!

16. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    I donated 15.00 dollars and added my pledges to the side, bringing our total to $605.00

17. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    What can I say....MJF...your awesome! That looks so sweet!

18. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Thank you so much MJF!

19. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    so does the walk start at 8 or 9?

Or do we just walk whenever we get motivated to do so? (note to self: get grande latte...)

20. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    I think we are planning on meeting up at 9ish.

You can sign in from anytime between 8am to 10am... here is what I got emailed to me last night:

Making Strides Against Breast Cancer is this Sunday, April 18 at Cottonwood Mall - rain or shine!

Thank you for all that you have done to support the fight against breast cancer. It?s not too late to send some emails and raise a little more money, so Click here to go to our website. Once there, you can make a donation or access your personal page. Please remember to print out your contributions form and bring it with you to the event.

Here are a few important reminders:

· Walkers can register or start anytime between 8-10 a.m..

· Walk is 5 miles and takes from 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 hours, depending on how fast you walk.

· Each team member needs to turn in their own walk paper at the event.

· If you registered online, you will need to print out your individual online website and turn it in at the registrations tent.

· Each individual should bring a completed registration form and all money raised to the event. Turn it in at the registration tent when you arrive.

· Each individual should bring their own money and turn it in. (Don't give it to your team captain to turn in for you)

· A person's copy of their check will work as a receipt for their donation for tax purposes. (They will be receiving a thank you letter in the mail for their donation if they wrote a check)

· The walk will begin at Cottonwood Mall and will follow the Bosque Trail along the Rio Grande.

· There will be ample parking (free) and teams are encouraged to carpool.

· No balloons or stationary signs

· You may CARRY a banner, but you may NOT tie it anywhere

· No dogs, no skateboarders, no roller blades, no bikes, no horses, etc.

· No smoking!

· Can bring strollers.

· Handicap accessible

· No registration fee, but we are encouraging individuals to give and/or collect donations since this is a fundraising event for breast cancer programs and research

· Remember: Safety comes first! It is very important to stay inside the cones on the event route.

See you at Making Strides Against Breast Cancer! You are truly making a difference.

21. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Do you think they'll create a ruckus if I bring my wagon with kids in tow? Or should I raise a ruckus?

22. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    i think you should raise a ruckuss... bring it and a stroller just in case maybe?

changed the colour-didn't realize you couldn't read it before.

23. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    Hey ya'll!
    I have collected 75.00 so far and will probably have a $100 by Sunday. I will probably have my hubby drop me off as parking will get very bad in the early morning.
    I was warned by someone who did this walk before and she said the traffic backs up on Coors for people driving to Cottonwood. So, I will probably have my hubby drop me off around 8:45 or so. I say let's meet close to where the registration is. Do we know where that is at? Are we going to get the t-shirts there? I kind of wanted to put it on before I get there, as I don't want to wear two t-shirts, if you know what I mean. It's going to be around 70 degrees and breezy, but when you are walking you get hotter quicker.
    Any thoughts?

24. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Hi Skyra! Glad to see you back online! Julie told me you were having sign in problems or something...

So does anyone know exactly where the sign-in area is at?

25. Lorithavon

Lorithavon Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2003
    The shirts just got printed... I'm going to head out to get them in about an hour or so. If you want to pick yours up (today or saturday), PM for my address and or directions. and I don't have any change, so try and bring the $13... I'm not much of a cash person, all yoda credit card for me...

-lor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.