main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Breast Cancer Walk

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by ObeyTheFist, Jan 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    I found the date for this years Breast Cancer Walk:

Date: April 24, 2005
    Time: 8am
    Where: 10000 Coors Blvd Bypass NW Albuquerque, NM

That is all that I found. No pages up yet for donating or signing up. Just want to see if anyone is interested in doing this again this year. We raised a good amount last year and I think with the larger number of people that we can do even more.

But I did just notice that it is the same day as the last day of Celebration 3 so who knows.

2. BelaLugosi

BelaLugosi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2004
    sign me up.

3. black_8ight

black_8ight Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm in.

4. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    We will be there again! ;) Unless C3 works out!

5. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    We'd love to do it again, but we'll be in Indianapolis this time around...

6. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Oh yeah! There is some sort of event happening...right?

7. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    I think so! ;)

So does this mean you and Yvonne will likely NOT be heading out there? I knew you were going to try to, but that was while you were back at your old jobs...

8. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    We are still going to try...it means of course being strapped to your fenders looking like a couple of deer though! :p

9. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    [face_laugh]

Well, I tell you, we're trying to make it as affordable as possible. Since all 4 of us are going, we HAVE to make it cheap in order to go...

10. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    those that can make it, Thank you!

I sent in my name to be notified as soon as the page is up so we can set up our team page again.

11. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    also, if we get 7 or 8 new people doing the walk we may be able to do another run of the breast cancer shirts.

12. Fett-BobaFett

Fett-BobaFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2004
    Keep me posted.

13. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    I received an email from the walk today.

If you walked and signed up on the Breast Cancer website last year, you should be able to sign in with the same login information.

When you sign up online, just register or log in then choose Join a Team... I set up a Mos Alba page already...

Copy & Paste link: http://www.acsevents.org/faf/search/searchTeamPart.asp?ievent=79947&lis=0&kntae79947=E1F9103819D2421AACDE25CCCCF31A65&team=834164, you can sign up thru that page.

Main Walk Page: http://www.acsevents.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=79947&lis=0&kntae79947=E1F9103819D2421AACDE25CCCCF31A65

Team Name: Mos Alba
    Goal: $800.00
    Goal for Member #'s: 6

I used the group photo from last year, I can't find the image from the shirts that we used last year.

Also, if you can't make it but still want to raise funds please do. You can sign up online or raise money anyways and turn it into someone who will be walking, so they can turn in the money for you. And I will be donating $5.00 to each member who signs up again, so let me know when you sign up so I don't forget.

14. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    Hey guys! Just an update, so far only myself and Fett-Bobafett are signed up on the team page to walk for breast cancer.

Anyone else going to join us? Please, please, please, please... I am begging here. We made such a great showing last year, I would love to do it again.

we have only raised 25 bucks as well.

Also, we are thinking of doing breast cancer walk shirts again if there is interest.

Mos Alba Team Page

15. Salvan

Salvan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2004
    I might be interested and maybe I can get my wife to join in on this too. What do we need to do and how much are you supposed to donate per person?

16. Fett-BobaFett

Fett-BobaFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2004
    I have $25.00 pledged between one of my clients and my brother. I still need to hit up the rest of my family. Is it really at 8 a.m.? Varza, you'll be dragging me behind you! I'm not a morning person and I don't drink coffee. Oh yeah, my brother Jimmy only wants to pledge his $20 if I wear my Boba Fett costume for the walk. I told him my shoes are 3 sizes too big so that wouldn't work. He was disappointed that I don't have a full costume yet. (Yeah, so am I!)

17. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    copy and paste the above link and sign up on the website. you don't have to donate but have people donate to you to raise the money for the walk. They can give you the money or donate at the the website thru emails you send out.

Thank you Lor for signing up.

18. Lorithavon

Lorithavon Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2003
    I've updated the website with more information on the Breast Cancer Walk and now the Link Goes to the Team Page... instead of the main American Cancer Society page...

I also want to remind people to Sign up for the walk it's only 5 miles and most of you could use a five mile walk... and if your too good to walk with us then hit up your couch for some change and donate some cashes...

so far we only have 4 members...

ObeyTheFist
    Fett-BobaFett
    Arian
    Lor

I think we can do better than this...

*edit*
    and oh ya, there was some minor talk about getting some more breast cancer shirts done... but I'd need at least eight (8) people interested before we could do a run... and those people would have to decide in the next week so they could be ready before the walk... so if you want one let me know... they will look exactly like last years shirts. I have no idea on how much they will be, depends on how many we end up getting...

-lor

19. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    I will be donating the 5 bucks to each person over the next month. moneys been kinda tight.

but everyone who has signed up I really appreciate it.

Also, we need to set up a time to start and where to meet.

I figure simiular to last year, in front of the Cottonwood movie theater (which is a short walk to the check in spot) around 9:30 or so.

And I would like to get another shirt if people are willing, I ripped mine pretty bad.

20. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Lor, for some reason, I don't think your pep talk is likely going to get more people to sign up.

But then again, that might be just me.

21. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    well, begging didn't help either. tried begging, conjoling and so on but nothing seems to make more people want to sign up.

Personally, I am happy we have at least 4 people, I am just disappointed that we can't even get money donated to the walk.

22. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    and if anyone wants to understand why he sounds a little sharp about getting people to walk please read the main Mos Alba Webpage: http://mosalba.redlor.net

23. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    I know why Lor's pretty hyped up about this. I remember reading on the Making Strides site that there's ... okay, I don't recall the actual number, but there's a huge chance that someone in your life has been touched by breast cancer. I understand the personal importance of it to Lor.

That's not my point. Telling people that they could use the walk is not exactly a way to rally people to your side. All we can do is ask people to join us. If they don't then so be it. At least those that do are doing their part. Right? [face_smile]

24. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    I think he was being sarcastic, in fact I am positive he was. Trying to be funny, you know how warped his sense of humor is.

But whatever, miscommunication. And like I said, I have already begged and asked people to join us.

I am more worried about getting money raised then people walking. we have so far only rasied 45 bucks for the walk. I will be giving what I can but with $1,200 (and rising) in hospital bills and a $2,000 in closing cost on my house due that same weekend I can't give as much as I did last year, but I am giving what I can.

That is more important then numbers.

And like I said, you can always sign up and raise money if you can't make the walk or donate $5.00 to the general team fund.

And true we each have our stories, I watched a woman who was like a mother to me die of breast cancer. I saw her on her death bed and she past away on MOthers Day.

25. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    And Thank You Ken! for signing up for the team!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.