main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Breasts and other anatomical likenesses to humans

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Mastadge, Jan 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Forgive me if this is inappropriate, but why are all the SW humanoid species so similar in for to humans? Besides the ones seen in movies, where there's the obvious answer of budget.

For example, why would mon cal females have human-like breasts? They're not even mammals, and in an underwater environment, unless they were some kind of bait that evolved on them, wouldn't they just be a hindrance? Really, unless the alien is furry and thus stereotyping a pet instead of a person, all female humanoids seem to have very human body shapes and features which is absurd in such a large galaxy, unless they introduced the Star Trek like theory, which even then stretches plausibility.

And why would reptilian species like, for example, falleen, be so attracted to completely different species.

2. Gav Daragon

Gav Daragon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 25, 2000
    Maybe men of all species find breasts attractive

3. LaraNotsil

LaraNotsil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2000
    *klaxons blare* Pervert Alert :~)

4. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    well, why should every alien have legs, feet, arms, etc, is what mastadge is trying to ask, but overly he overly emphasized the mammery glands(not dirty it's a text book term).

5. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Argghh!
    Don't turn this into a farce. I was asking a serious question, just I emphasized a certain portion of the anatomy simply because I'm an adolescent guy and that's one of the first things that comes to mind. :)

6. neimoidian_85

neimoidian_85 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    If this was completely serious you would have found another bpdy part other than breasts to emphacize upon.

7. LaraNotsil

Dec 18, 2000
    Mastadge did you see the :~) its means im not mad.

8. Darth_Dolza

Darth_Dolza Jedi Master star 5

Sep 19, 2000
    Maybe these aliens have humanoid body types because their creators haven't deigned to think "outside the box", if you will. I mean, it's easier to write about something you know than to come up with something original, after all...

For all the imaginative ideas that SW authors have come up with over the years, it's a wonder that we haven't seen more alien variation. But I suppose it's not that big a point...

9. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Actually most aliens are not the creations of the authors, but were seen onscreen in the movies, something lucas was in charge of, blame him.

10. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    I think there are theories as to this phenomeon at the Tech Commentaries. But really, who knows? Not everything makes sense in Star Wars, why should that be something that does? :)

11. Austin_Solo

Austin_Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 8, 2000
    He's making a point, not being a pervert!

12. Darth_Dolza

Sep 19, 2000
    Valiento, I think we're referring to alien species not seen in the movies...

13. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    He mentioned Mon calamarians they are seen in the movies.

14. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    How about Bothans then - Didn't Gavin say that "The parts lined up fine" or something like that? Although, to his credit, MAS did make it so Asyr and Gavin couldn't have children together...

15. Han Soho

Han Soho Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 1998
    But even Rodians are...shaped like humans, and they are most definitely not mammalian.

16. Darth_Dolza

Sep 19, 2000
    Mon Cal females? I don't know... I remember Ackbar, but he's male...

Anyhow, despite that (well-cited) inconsistency of the original post, I think that he does mean species that weren't seen (or seen that much) in the movies, since the humanoid-ness of movie extras can be explained by the fact that actual humans are playing them (in the OT) or other human models are used, due to financial/logistical restraints. Feel free, Mastadge, to correct me if I'm wrong...

Anyhow, we've seen some species in the books that haven't been introduced in film.

17. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    bothon in most official sources look human though(with elve ears and lots of hair, or ape man like), even the camel ones look somewhat human, body wise. I always thought them to be one of the species closer to human, but still genetically off. human's and apes are genetically off also yet are closely related. Besides bothans were named by lucas, He probably has his own idea what they look like, they might even show up in the PT.

If you want to take one that doesn't look humanish, and isn't in the movies in any sort of way what about that selonion chick in x-wing series.

18. GrandAdmiralCaesar

GrandAdmiralCaesar Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 10, 2000
    when you do find out why what will you do then? Change the anatomy of the creatures?

19. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Never really thought about it...perhaps its because the human form is the most efficient for bipedals?

20. jastermereel

jastermereel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 1998
    I seriously doubt that we are anything close to the most efficient bipedal creatures...

21. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    I specifically referred to Mon Cal females because we all know what a mon cal looks like, yet we haven't seen a female one on film.

Bothans' official look is the camel-with-big-teeth look, the hairy-human look is the outdated version

22. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Farce alert!

23. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Damn you, Bubba -- shut your wordy orifice! :-Þ

24. LaraNotsil

Dec 18, 2000
    also in I,Jedi he makes a reference to elegos' daughters breasts.

25. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Well if we're using evolution,how do you know Mon Cals didn't evolve from a sea going mammal?

I don't think it's impossible for one alien to be attracted to another......C'mon who didn't think those Bothans in the Xwing comics weren't attractive?;)Well the bodies anyway.........*ahem*

As for explaining why non humanoids would be attracted to humanoids...(Jabba who likes Oola).Uhhhmmm you could say they are perverts.Think of bestiality,like when you hear about a man who's attracted to his horse and marries her.Obviosly there's something screwy in that guys mind.

Same with Jabba.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.