Breasts and other anatomical likenesses to humans

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Mastadge, Jan 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valiento Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    The most recent encyclopedic work, guide to star wars universe volume 3 uses the hairy huminoid look. so it is the most up to date look. Also the brothers hildrebrant I think it was used the hairy humanoid look for the shadows or the empire collector cards, and those are the best bothon pictures anywhere. they are stupendous artists. My oppinion is that all 3 looks represent bothon racial differences, like we have colors.
  2. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn The Other Saga Moderator

Manager
    star 6
    When did Volume 3 come out? Do you know the EXACT DATE?
  3. Valiento Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    october 2000. just several months ago. In it updated the picture from hair apeman to hairy elfish humanoid from the EG to character guide.
  4. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Yeah, but that book sucked and all of the pictures were just reprints from older sources, except for a few of the crappy episode one sketches.
  5. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn The Other Saga Moderator

Manager
    star 6
    Not to be rude, but check out the SWRPG Core Rulebook - November 22. The Horse-type Bothan is in it. Just nitpicking ;)
  6. Matthew Trias Force Ghost

star 6
    Galaxy Guide 3?That's a nice little sourcebook.Better then the Encyclopedia.

In Xwing they use the dog face version for Bothans.
  7. Valiento Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Like I said I think all 3 looks are racial differences, like how we have color, and diffent sized bones. Or if your into evolution, The camel look looks like lowest level look for the bothins. The ape look looks like a inbetween neanderthal look for bothins and the humanoid look, looks like the highest evolutnionary look.
  8. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Check out Borsk on the cover of Specter of the Past, check out the bothans in all the X-wing and TTT comics. Granted, in SotE, they were the old way, but I believe the official bothan look is the camel faced one now.
  9. Matthew Trias Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah.....I think in one of the books they even use that theory.Something about one race coming from the nothern hemisphere and stuff like that.

Still doesn't explain Borsk's constantly changing appearances.In the essential guide,he has a human look.In all the other books he has the dog faced look.
  10. Valiento Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    I like the the colorized look of fey'lya in the rebellion game. I never really liked the comic versions of him or the one on the cover of HOT. I think an easy explanation is that borsk has an ooglith.
  11. NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I was under the impression that the goat-like creature on the cover of "Specter of the Past" was a Calibop.
  12. Matthew Trias Force Ghost

star 6
    Callibops look like big chickens.
  13. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx Force Ghost

star 5
    Mastadge is onto something. I read a book called Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut, which was really funny.

Aliens in there, Tralfamadorians, were shaped like plungers, and they could see in 4 dimensions, unlike human 3 dimension. They were also "unstuck in time", meaning that they could move back and forth in time, doing whatever they wished. In a way, time to them was like looking at the Rocky Mountains from the plains of Iowa, seeing their lives from beginning to end.

That's one difference aliens should have.

Another example is that male aliens's fungus falls are always between the hips. Lady kicks guy between hips, he screams soprano. What if the fungus falls (or the alien equivelant) were on the guy's knee or something.

As for the mammary glands, their offspring need milk somehow. But what if they didn't need milk? What if the aliens were born asexually, like earthworms? Or Hutts? (hmm, I begin to notice a connection...)

Or what if the species were all female? Or all male? Or all trannsexual? that wouldn't be too appropriate for SW, now would it? It's a matter of principle. Why mess with success?

Besides, it's not that far off to believe that aliens can be similar in anatomy as humans.

If humans began to settle on Mars, then we'd become thinner, have lighter bones, and be taller. We'd be Caamasi, without the fur. Except, we'd have Earthlings and Martians.

Now put that in the SW universe. What if the beginning of the galaxy was one planet that spread and spread and spread until we developed into Bothans, Mon Calamari, Noghri, etc...

Speaking of which... because of all differences in all planets, we should have only one or two planets with the ability to hold humans.

One last thing. WHY THE HELL ARE YOU WORRYING ABOUT THIS??? It's a story! Enjoy it! We know that it isn't possible for an explosion from a TIE Fighter because there isn't any oxygen. We know that an X-Wing would have a minor explosion at best because of the minimal oxygen. The Death Star and the Executor wouldn't have that great explosions. But do we care? No. Why should we? We don't, and we shouldn't.

*In Jerry Springer voice* So, for my final thought, perhaps the world would be better if we just put aside our petty differences and not bother to sweat the small stuff.

Enjoy the show.
  14. Valiento Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Good points.

as for the picture on HOT, I always wished that it was camaasi, a picture of elogos.
  15. Matthew Trias Force Ghost

star 6
    Actually X-Wings never really exploded.They kinda broke apart,with sparks and stuff.......of course not because GL cared about science but because of the limitations of the special effects technology.;)
  16. jastermereel Jedi Master

star 4
    Most of the technical details you just have to let go...for example...why the enourmous fireball when the executor detonated?...there wasn't enough fuel for that onboard......

Same goes for the anatomy...yes...its highly unlikely that all races and species have the same "plumbing" as humans...but...for sake of inter species interaction...the vast majority use the same...

BTW...Matthew Trias...your comparison involving a man and a horse...while I agree...that is quite sick......it is also quite different...while a horse may be able to show affection...it is hardly able to do so in the same way given that it is non-sentient......on the other hand...inter-Sentient-species "interactions" are a full relationship between two intelligent beings...hardly the same as bestiality...
  17. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    "I'm just glad that thing had knees."

"That wasn't its knee."

"Excuse me?"

"Not all species keep their genitals in the same place, captain."

"Oh..."

Quoted from memory from STVI: The Undiscovered Country.
  18. Valiento Jedi Grand Master

star 7
  19. Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Because it's not real........
  20. Chewbacca of Kashyyyk Jedi Master

star 3
    The human race seems to accept things more readily if the are similar to what they understand. Different is often intimidating and looked at as bad. This is unfortunate but true of the human race. Putting an unfamiliar universe in a familiar frame is part of the success of SW.
  21. Neo-Jedi Jedi Knight

the picture on the front of SotP is what i always thought a bothan would look like, until all the artist renditions started popping up, then i wasnt sure. and i think that it should be, mainly because of the whole fur rippling thing. if they went with the other looks, i wouldnt really consider anything on them fur. i never thought of a lions mane as fur, and thats pretty much what the human look has, and im not sure of the ape one people are takling about, never saw it. so anyway, so many books refer to the fur rippling as similar to human body gestures, and the camel look is the only one that actually has fur, in my opinion anyway
  22. Valiento Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Ok the ape one is the card game. and guide to star wars universe 2nd edition.

the human elf lion type one from the EG to char. and sw:rebellion/supremecy, and shadows of the empire has fur on it face it just is very fine.
  23. Matthew Trias Force Ghost

star 6
    Well in the case of Jabba and Oola I think the man like a horse comparison fits.They were both sentient,but Jabba didn't really care did he?Just liked to oggle at her body.
  24. Valiento Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Here is the picture of the bothan from the card game I think.

http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine/jabba/113/Races.html#Bothan
  25. Matthew Trias Force Ghost

star 6
    I think the Aqualish might keep their"plumbing" somewhere else.......*looks at their disgusting mouths*Those do not look like tusks......
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.