main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Breasts and other anatomical likenesses to humans

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Mastadge, Jan 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Grand_Admiral_Jaxx Jedi Master star 5

Dec 23, 2000
    Ok. So re-register. What's stopping you?

2. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    This was a fun one...up

3. Darth_Dolza

Darth_Dolza Jedi Master star 5

Sep 19, 2000
    Yeah, this thread is a good time, a true classic. Been a while since we've discussed these issues anyhow...

4. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    I read this hoping to see some sort of interesting conversation... my mistake.

Funny as it was though...

5. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Humaniod aliens make the story more likeable to us. Look a Jabba, when you first see him, you know he is a bad guy. Then look at Chewie, he looks tough but there is something about him when you see him. He looks kinda human so he must be kind and blahblah.

Star Wars has plenty of nonhumanoid sentient species. I want plenty of humanoid ones though. And not all the different species are shown in art, so its up to our imaginations, so we can make them look anyway we want.

6. jastermereel

jastermereel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 1998
    Just bringing an old topic up.........

What do we know about the shape of the Vong in this respect?

7. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    Though I do have some objections to bringing this up, I'll answer your dumb question. Yuuzhan Vong females are essentially like most humanoid females, but with bluish skin and tatoos and stuff. I bet they have breasts, because in Hero's Trial there are many references by human males to how attractive Elan is.

8. darthjarjarbinks

darthjarjarbinks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    well I don't know if this has been addressed ( i didn't read pages 2 and 3 cause I'm in a masssive hurry ) but the reason why species would bear such a resemblance is...

a) Biological Convergance- where species share similar characteristics NOT due to common ancestry but due to common natural selection pressures...

ie- a bat and a bird both have wings, but its not because they are related, its because they've both adapted to a SIMILAR ENVIRONMENT. People and insects are binocular, because its convenient to be.

This means that Camaasi and humans both have breasts because they've both faced similar biological pressures...

HOWEVER- this doesn't account for the Mon Calamari having breasts... However THIS does...

b) we, as human readers, sympathise with, empathise with and relate to beings which are MOST similar to us more. This is also a biological mechanism.

We wish to see the being with the genes MOST like our own to survive so that our gene line (or something as close as possible to it) can continue. This is a (very unfortunate) cause for racism.

c) We're human. (half of us) are men. We have a biological disposition to be attracted to breasts as breasts are a feature which exist to ensure the survival of our offspring. We (mostly) naturally look for a woman who has breasts which seem capable of nurturing a child in searching for a partner. Its subliminal- we think we like breasts for other reasons, intangible reasons. But thats why we do.

So if the authors want us to be attracted to a character, they attribute them with a characteristic that we will be attracted to due to our bioligical urges.

Basically, its to do with Biology, even if you want to reduce it to the author's are perverts, or WE are perverts, its allll about biology....

I would like to dedicate this to Ms Heaume, my year 12 biology teacher. :)

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Thought I'd add a comment to a previous post regarding what kind of aliens you have (mentioning Fur, Skin, or scales), there is also a fourth- an exoskeleton such as insectoid species...and don't the Givin have exterior skeletons as well?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.