Breath of Night (Obi, Qui, & now Dooku!) **COMPLETED**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Cascadia, Oct 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cascadia Jedi Master

star 4
    Suzuran Thank you! Though, all may not be exactly like Obi-Wan thinks. Poor little confused padawan. [face_devil]
  2. LuvEwan Jedi Master

star 4
    So many wonderful descriptions, I can't possibly name them all, Cas!!! :D

This story is amazing, in detail and in your distinct style. I love it, and I can't wait for more! [face_love]
  3. Wild_Huntress Jedi Master

star 4
    :_| Awwww... I loved how those people mistook Obi for Qui's son. [face_love] Great post Cascadia!
  4. CYNICAL21 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thralage? Now why am I totally convinced that that means something completely sinister? What HAVE you done, Cas - sold our Obi into bondage, for the sake of his Master's salvation? That's exactly the kind of thing you WOULD do, isn't it?

Very well written, very sad and touching, and very compelling.

Keep it up, Girl.

CYN
  5. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Awe..poor Obi!!! (I think there should me an smile for that or something)

Great post, I wonder what that term means. Does it mean trouble for Obi? MORE!
  6. obi_ew Force Ghost

star 5
    :p Oh! Obi in bondage! * sorry * [face_blush] Really keeping us guessing here Cas ! I'm with Cyn .I think this is probably not a good thing!
  7. Cascadia Jedi Master

star 4
    LE So many wonderful descriptions, I can't possibly name them all, Cas!!! This story is amazing, in detail and in your distinct style. I love it, and I can't wait for more!

Thanks! I'm glad I've pleased you! :D

WH Awwww... I loved how those people mistook Obi for Qui's son. Great post Cascadia!

I thought it would be a logical assumption that alot of people would make. Thanks! :)

CYN Thralage? Now why am I totally convinced that that means something completely sinister? What HAVE you done, Cas - sold our Obi into bondage, for the sake of his Master's salvation? That's exactly the kind of thing you WOULD do, isn't it?

No comment. [face_mischief]

Very well written, very sad and touching, and very compelling. Keep it up, Girl.

Thank you! :D

AJK Awe..poor Obi!!! (I think there should me an smile for that or something)

[face_laugh] Yes, there should.

Great post, I wonder what that term means. Does it mean trouble for Obi? MORE!

Methinks you'll have to wait. More in a few days! :)

oe Oh! Obi in bondage! * sorry *

[face_laugh]

Really keeping us guessing here Cas ! I'm with Cyn .I think this is probably not a good thing!

Boy, you guys are quite suspicious, aren't you? [face_innocent]

Thanks for reading, everyone! [face_love]
  8. Obi the Kid Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh man this is sad. Someone pass the tissues. Everytime Obi talks to Qui...gets me! sniff

Obi
  9. LuvEwan Jedi Master

star 4
    Just uppin' while I surf, Cas. ;)
  10. Cascadia Jedi Master

star 4
    Boy, the boards are moving fast tonight!

OTK Oh man this is sad. Someone pass the tissues. Everytime Obi talks to Qui...gets me! sniff

Aww. *passes OTK a bottomless box of tissues*

LE Thanky for the up! :cool:
  11. Cascadia Jedi Master

star 4
    This is sinking faster than a cannon ball! :(
  12. Obi the Kid Jedi Master

star 4
  13. Cascadia Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you for the 'up', OTK! :D
  14. Sheila Force Ghost

star 4
    He will pay all your expenses under the terms of the Thralage. Do you agree to allow healers to look at him?" :(

I don't like the sound of this at all. What did poor despondant Obi just agree to? :_|

You are doing such a great job on this Cas . I can feel Obi-Wan's guilt and desparation. It is heartbreaking everytime he talks to Qui-Gon and hopes for a response. I wonder if Qui-Gon can hear him but cannot respond, that would be heartbreaking in itself.

I can't wait to see what these people have in store for poor Obi-Wan.
  15. Cascadia Jedi Master

star 4
    Sheila
    I don't like the sound of this at all. What did poor despondant Obi just agree to?

You'll find out soon. :(

You are doing such a great job on this Cas . I can feel Obi-Wan's guilt and desparation. It is heartbreaking everytime he talks to Qui-Gon and hopes for a response. I wonder if Qui-Gon can hear him but cannot respond, that would be heartbreaking in itself.

I'm glad you can feel his emotions! :D But it is heartbreaking.

I can't wait to see what these people have in store for poor Obi-Wan.

I think you'll find out in the next post or the one after.

Thanks for reading! [face_love]
  16. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    Terms of thralage conjur up images of slavery, bondage or indentured servitude. Obi-Wan is so upset and so desparate that he will agree to anything to heal his master. I don't think he even paid attention to everything she said.
  17. Cascadia Jedi Master

star 4
    Kitara Terms of thralage conjur up images of slavery, bondage or indentured servitude. Obi-Wan is so upset and so desparate that he will agree to anything to heal his master. I don't think he even paid attention to everything she said.

You might be right. :(
  18. Cascadia Jedi Master

star 4
    I just might have a short post for you tomorrow, board time. Or you can wait for a longer post. Anyone have a preference?
  19. Cascadia Jedi Master

star 4
    This part is very sad, in my opinion. :( And it's shorter than it seemed last night. I'll get more up as soon as I can.

CHAPTER 3~Sing the Heavens
    Part 1

It was something beautiful, like the perfection of a spring garden in the unworldly brilliance of morning. So unforgettable and precious. So far above anything else in his life, save the Force. The devotion that his padawan had to him during this time of need would have burst his heart with joy for that love, had he not seen the utter despondency that cruelly stroked that young soul.

Had he been able to say something - do something - to assure the boy, there would have been no fathomless ocean that could have swallowed that offered hope no matter the weight that it carried to the depths of his being. As the cold fingers of heartsickness had settled upon that child, were it in his grasp to blow away those icy whispers he would have given all for that one breath.

But he could not.

Deep within himself he laid. Lost. Somewhere. Without a guide to point his way.

He would have lashed out in frustration, but that fate would laugh at him.

The day Obi-Wan confessed every single time he had deliberately disobeyed him had nearly crushed his heart. The slumped shoulders and head bowed in shame as that politely accented voice laid bare every misdeed scraped like broken glass shards across his fragile existence.

That would have been enough.

But there was also the way the boy had let himself go, tending and cleaning his master while his own hair remained tousled and his tunic and leggings dirty. Sleep deprived eyes balanced on the edge of consciousness, while nimble hands worked until dawn.

I'm here, he wanted to scream. Don't cry for me yet.

But the yoke of guilt was heavy upon those young shoulders. Much too heavy a burden for one so barely out of youth. But the weight was unmistakable. And the eyes that once stared up at him in radiant admiration now welled with darkly pools of pain.

Oh, Obi-Wan! How have we come to this?

If he could have raised his hand to wipe the stray tears, he would have. If he could have touched that living fiber that ran from his mind to his padawan's, no star could have outshone his blinding admiration that would have been sent to that young mind.

Obi-Wan, I love you. The confession traveled endlessly in a loop inside him.

Please don't blame yourself.

But blame, he did.

And alone, locked within the prison of himself, Qui-Gon wept.

20. padawan3 Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, I was pretty close to crying while reading the entire story but that last post did it. Self guilt and helplessness are the most moving forces on Earth.
  21. Cascadia Jedi Master

star 4
    padawan3 Yay! A new reader!

Yes, they are very moving forces.

Thanks for reading. :D
  22. obi_ew Force Ghost

star 5
    [face_plain] :( :_| Oh why must you people make me cry! * runs off sobbing *
  23. LuvEwan Jedi Master

star 4
    As the cold fingers of heartsickness had settled upon that child, were it in his grasp to blow away those icy whispers he would have given all for that one breath.

That was beautiful, Cas. The entire post was amazing, and I sit here, dumbstruck, with envy rising!

Great work. Keep it coming. ;)
  24. Cascadia Jedi Master

star 4
    oe Oh why must you people make me cry! * runs off sobbing *

Sorry :(

*hands obi-ew a box of tissues*

LE That was beautiful, Cas. The entire post was amazing, and I sit here, dumbstruck, with envy rising! Great work. Keep it coming.

[face_blush] Oh, come on. Your writing is amazing! Both you and obi_ew are great writers, and I'm very pleased that both of you are reading! :D

25. Shaindl Force Ghost

star 4
    **Nods vigourously and points at comments by LE and OE.**

What they said.

Great work, Cas. Describing the emotions and thoughts of a man in a vegetative state must have been difficult but you handled it beautifully. Well done.

Can't wait for more!

Shaindl
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.