main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Brest place to get Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones? For under $10

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by WackyBelfast, Nov 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WackyBelfast

WackyBelfast Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    Sorry I've not been around, been rather busy in work, have not even seen AOTC at the IMAX yet, I'll possibly see it after the holidays, as the Christmas season is gonna get wild with my work!

Anyway...

As you have no doubt may have seen on the main theforce.net site, there appears to be a great deal to be had if you shop around for your EP2 DVD...

It appears that Toys'R'Us decided to cut the price of the EP2 DVD to a whopping $9.99 !!! [I just called Toys'R'Us in AllState Drive in Dorchester and they are selling the DVD for $9.99, WOW]

Best Buy is (in some parts of the US) supposidly selling (with a price match with the Toys'R'Us ad, whether you have the ad in your hand or not) EP2 DVD for $9.84 !!!

Now it appears that WalMart are selling the EP2 DVD for $9.96 !!!

And lastly, CompUSA have decided to get in on the act, selling EP2 DVD for $9.89 !!!

Story can be found here... http://www.theforce.net/episode2/index.shtml

Happy hunting...

2. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Did somebody say 'breast'? ?[face_plain] :p

3. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
  4. sith_lord21

sith_lord21 Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    i got mine this morning!!!!!

5. WackyBelfast

Mar 7, 2002
    I went to the Toys'R'Us, sold out of Widescreen, K-Mart across the parking lot was the same story.

Toys'R'Us said that they would be getting more in later in the week, anyway, I picked up a flyer, which has the 9.99 price tag right on it, so if I'm near a competitor, I'll try the olde "pricematch" thingy.

6. Crix-Madine

Crix-Madine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2000
    I spent my money on the FOTR extended DVD :D

7. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    Good Choice :)

8. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    I spent my money on the FOTR extended DVD

Yeah me too, and it's almost here! :)

9. Jedi Windu

Jedi Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Won't get my DVD till tommorow

10. Darth-Jaguar

Darth-Jaguar Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2000
    I picked mine up yesterday along with Gremlins special edition. I watched some of the stuff on the AOTC disc, but have yet to watch the movie itself. I don't like how they have the deleted scenes on this; I liked TPM's deleted scenes section much better.

11. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    get this

went to best buy yesterday to do the ol "price match thing" - turns out they only price match if the other stor eis still in stock, which they claim toys r us was out. so someone went to toys r us, turns out, and they were still in stock and as it happens, best buy corporate had sent a memo to all stores telling them this horrendous lie that toys r us was sold out and not to honor the price match. when corporate was asked for comment on this, they denied the memo.

it's a conspiracy! :p

i'll just be goign to toys r us when they get some more in stock. screw best buy :p

12. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
  13. WackyBelfast

Mar 7, 2002
    I called Toys'R'Us (Dorchester store) just a few minutes ago, they have only the FullScreen version and have no idea when they are getting anymore in. K-Mart was the same, only FullScreen.

I'm not sure if WalMart or K-Mart will do the olde pricematch, as they can pull the old "it's not in stock at the other retailer, we do not have to honour it!" trick! A legal way out...

Plus I think the $9.99 price at Toys'R'Us is only for TWO days, I think I will have to look at the flyer to confirm this... when I get home.

14. Tarr

Tarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    Speaking of FoTR check out yesterdays pvp comic :p
    http://pvponline.com/archive.php3?archive=20021112
    too lazy to look up the link code crap :p

15. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    I think I heard on the radio that TRU was supposed to have this sale until the 20th? That sound right to anyone?

16. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    I won't have either until FotR: SE or AotC until Christmas. :( But at least it won't cost me anything to get them. :)

17. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    TRU,was only selling the DVD for $9.99 for 2 days only,and only if still in stock.The widescreens are mostly soldout had to go to 2 different TRU's to get it.

18. WackyBelfast

Mar 7, 2002
    I got my EP2 DVD WideScreen yesterday, at TRU for 9.99 plus tax (10.49).

I just hopped off the redline at Andrew, grabbed the shuttlebus to the south Bay center (where TRU, stop and shop, K-Mart, 24hr HomeDepot and OldNavy are located), and grabbed my copy, Widescreen, they only had two left, so I grabbed one of them, paid my 10.49, and then hopped back on the shuittlebus to andrew and the redline home to Quincy.

I'm certainly not gonna pay nearly 15 bucks when I can get it for 9.99 plus tax. this is the price ALL DVD's (unless it's like a 4-disc version or something like that) should be, I usually buy my DVD's at walMart, they appear to have the cheapest prices, provided you buy the DVd within the first few days of it's release, otherwise they increase the price of the DVd to like $20...

Only watched the delete scenes, some nice stuff, lots of eye candy.

Will watch the full movie later in the week, but from just skipping through disc 1, it looks completly fantastic, just so vibrant, the way a picture from a DVD should be presented. It's the gold standard for every DVD now and in the future to knock off the top.

19. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    anyone else see the easter egg yet? :)

20. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    The only one I saw so far was the blooper reals,funny stuff. Hayden is such a clutz!!either that or he was drunk thru most of the filming!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.