main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Brewing (JA) ~Finished 10/03~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Ginger_Jedi, Oct 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    LoL!! I'm working on it ;)

2. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
  3. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    I'm working on it.

Uh huh. So where is it, hmm? Come on, Obi-dear needs a new pair of shoes! :D

~Swede :p

4. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    De-lurking! UUUUUUUP!!!!!!

5. SilverWander

SilverWander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2001
    Ginger Hey could we get a post
    For a late b-day present? ;)
    I hope!:)

6. Lady_Panaka

Lady_Panaka Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2002
    Oliver Twist look:

More Please!!!

7. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    And again I say 'UP'.

8. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Sorry everyone, no time. If you would like proof, here it is:

I have essays to do for English, Spanish, Physics, Chemistry, History and a huge chunk of maths homework to do... All are due in next week...

So I'm afraid ya'll gonna have to be patient and wait till I have ALL of that done...

Sorry it's not good news!

9. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    That's ok, Ginger. I understand. School kinda sucks at doing that. Hope you get all your work done. :D

10. SilverWander

Jun 18, 2001
    patient...

patient
    Ok!!!! :) ;)

11. SilverWander

Jun 18, 2001
    patient Im still being paient..

Im happy cuz i still have one story i get a daily post on thans to TheSwedishJedi!:)

Just giving this a boost up!!!

12. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    As always, thanks for the feedback =) *hugs to all* Sorry this took so long. School?s a real pain in the?well I?m sure you can all imagine? ;)

Brewing: Part Nine

Xanatos wasted no time divulging his plan to the Jedi. For the first time, the fallen Jedi did not boast and did not seem to be so confident in himself. No, now he was forced to be cautious and all because of the actions of one teenaged boy.

He walked the length of the hallway that led into the Council Chambers to see if the Kenobi brat had already made it all the way up here. Finding no trace of the kid (yet) Xanatos went and stood in front of the chamber?s door. He stretched out almost lazily with his Force enhanced senses and recoiled in shock and surprise to feel the Dark Side swirling around something (or someone possibly) just down the hallway. Knowing it wasn?t Bruck as he was quite familiar with that particular Force signature, Xanatos headed down the hallway, determined to discover the source of this power.

A small, feral-like grin twisted his pale yet handsome features. If the source was what he expected it to be, Xanatos? mission was about to become a success, complete with a bonus he had not counted on.

This was it-the final showdown, the end of the road, his ultimate destination. Obi-Wan stepped out of the stairwell and crept down the hall, pressing his back to the wall. His heart in his throat and swallowing became painful.

/OK, all I need to do is find the Council and free them. Nothing to it?nothing at all?/

A doubt had suddenly risen in Obi-Wan?s mind. What if the Council weren?t up here? What if they had been moved or, worse still, killed? Under normal circumstances, every Jedi on Coruscant would have felt such an immense disturbance in the Force if the Council had been slaughtered.

Of course they were hardly under ?normal circumstances? right now.

Obi-Wan shook his head. Why did he always start thinking such negative thoughts when optimism was the best chance he had of clinging on to even the smallest scrap of hope?

/Probably something to do with Qui-Gon and how he always destroyed every single one of your hopes/ a dark voice in the darkest corner of Obi-Wan?s mind whispered. /He could never, not even once, show you that you did something right. Nothing was good enough for him even if you knew it was the best you could do and hoped that it would somehow be enough to please even the mighty Qui-Gon Jinn. He always wants more, it?s never enough for him! You aren?t good enough! You never were and you never will be! IT?S ALL HOPELESS!/

Anger and anguish raged within Obi-Wan and the Dark Side drew nearer, calling to him, promising him great things if only he gave in, reaching out to him. All he had to do was recognise its call and then he, Obi-Wan Kenobi would finally be able to show that dense and blind idiot Qui-Gon Jinn exactly what he was capable of and how far he was willing to go to prove his worth to the so-called Jedi Master.

Obi-Wan grit his teeth hard and clenched his fists. He squeezed his eyes closed against the burning hot tears of rage that threatened to fall. /Why did all of this have to happen to me? I?m about to help them all and then I?ll probably get kicked out of the Temple and sent back to Agricorps just because I can?t do anything right for *him!* Why should I even bother?/

Images of all the struggles he?d been through flitted through Obi-Wan?s mind, adding to his inner conflict. In the end it came down to two choices: Obi-Wan could either find and save the Council only to be throw out of the Jedi or he could give in to the hails of the Dark Side, show Qui-Gon a thing or two and, of course, leave the Jedi.

?Choose the Dark Side kid. It?s not nearly as terrible as those stuck up Jedi Masters say.?

Obi-Wan gasped and lifted his head. Only ten paces away stood him. Qui-Gon?s former apprentice-the one who had caused so many innocent people pain and suffering yet still managed to hold a claim on Qui-Gon?s heart. The one Obi-Wan would

13. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    Good Choice Obi!!!!
    Now look at what you did Qui-Gon...

Nice post Ginger, keep up the good work!

14. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Oh man!!!!!!!!! how is Obi going to get out of this one. in that force suppressed temple,with a saber burn, and lying next to that idiot. POST REAL SOON :)

15. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    Ginger! :) Good to see ya!

Only one problem with the post.......It just STOPPED !

Where's the rest of it!!!!

Really through, school is a pain...........I think teachers spend the breaks thinking up ways to torture us more.......Anyway, hope Darth School/Homework lightens up for ya soon!!

We need more story afterall 8-}

Don't mind me.......Had an Algebra 2 test today..... :(

16. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Thank you for the POST!!!!! :D

Qui-Gon if you don't smother Obi-Wan in mush soon, I'm going to have to jump and take care of you myself. And Xanatos, if touch my boy one more time... :mad:

I hope you get caught up with your school work. Everyone asks this but: More please?

17. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    Great post!!!!! :D :D :D

Sorry school's being such a pain in the... um, you know... ;)

Oh, now what is poor Obi going to do?! :eek: I hope your school load lightens really soon... ;) :p

18. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Oh, That was soooo good! I love it when cute little insecure Obi gets an attitude. Keep it coming girl! That was awesome. I have a feeling its almost mush time.

Sorry about the whole school thing, i can relate. 'cept i finally graduated couple of years ago. So glad thats over with! :) Cant wait for more.

19. Artemis_Silverbow

Artemis_Silverbow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2001
    Thanks Ginger! :D EEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK!!! Obi-Wan!!! [face_shocked] What has he done to you? :mad:

I hate to say it Ginger, but if you think school takes a chunk out of your schedule, wait until you get a job :( Of course, then you have the consolation of being paid ;)

20. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Hey a new post! Great! :) I'm glad Obi turned away from the dark before it could consume him. He shouldn't pay any attention to Xan's words, I mean consider the source. Of course Qui isn't helping any. He'd better come through with prime mush and soon. (and I love that man) ;) Hope school will give you some breaks here and there because I need to now what happens next! ;)

21. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    I know, that last chapter was a wee bit short but I figured ya?ll needed a really MEAN cliffhanger just to assure you Ginger was back in business. Besides, I got this part done fairly fast didn?t I? *dodges rotten fruit* Fine, I?ll just take my post and go shall I? Hah! Just kidding!

Thank you all SO Much for the feedback. I hope this chapter gives you some satisfaction. I?m sorry to say this story is drawing to a close. Not much further to go? *sniff* I?ve really enjoyed writing this?

Brewing: Part Ten

He?s everything you want,
    He?s everything you need,
    He?s everything inside of you that you wish you could be.
    He says all the right things
    At exactly the right time
    But he means nothing to you and you don?t know why?

Qui-Gon knelt down beside Obi-Wan, feeling for the boy?s pulse. The boy looked awful. He was covered in grime from tip to toe and was soaking wet. His feet, although tightly bound, were bleeding slowly and there seemed to be pieces of glass embedded in the soft skin. Raw wounds streaked across his chest and dug deep into his shoulders, painful to even gaze upon. Qui-Gon?s breath caught in relief as he felt Obi-Wan?s pulse beating beneath his fingers albeit a weak one. Obi-Wan looked so small, the poor child. Qui-Gon visibly started. He suddenly realised that Obi-Wan *was* just a child. Why hadn?t he ever thought that before? Why hadn?t he noticed that his Padawan was just a child? He wasn?t simply a Jedi Padawan who followed his Master?s orders to the letter but a boy with his own mind and his own thoughts and most importantly, and barely considered by Qui-Gon, his own feelings.

Feelings that had, due to Qui-Gon?s lengthy lack of attention, been severely hurt.

?Poor deluded brat,? Xanatos said, apparently unaware of Qui-Gon?s revelation. ?You know I really think he believed he would be able to save you all on his own.?

Qui-Gon?s head snapped up. ?What have you done to him??

?It?s such a sad tale,? Xanatos went on in a mockingly sympathetic tone, ignoring his former Master. ?All he wanted to do was impress you and look where it?s got him.?

?What?? Qui-Gon didn?t like how his guilt went up a notch after hearing this.

?Yes, that?s right,? Xanatos said, clearly enjoying the pain he was inflicting. ?All the kid ever wanted was for you to say ?well done!? or ?I?m so proud of you.? But no, you denied him that one wish Jinn and look at him! Poor little Obi-Wan is giving death?s door a knock.?

?It?s all my fault,? Qui-Gon whispered.

?Yes. It is,? Xanatos readily agreed. ?I know you made him run away. I know how he fought off all four of my colleagues so he could get up here and save you, your pitiful Council and the rest of the Jedi from me. Can you see the agony he?s been through just for you??

?Stop this Xanatos! Obi-Wan needs medical attention!? Mace roared.

?It?s all your fault Qui-Gon!? Xanatos taunted, ignoring Mace?s stern call. ?If he dies, and let?s face it that is quite likely, it?s because of you and how you neglected him and how you never gave him a chance!?

?I know,? Qui-Gon whispered, sounding defeated.

?Because of you an innocent child will die here!? Xanatos punctuated his words by nudging Obi-Wan with the toe of his boot.

?No, listen you must not Qui-Gon?? Yoda interrupted.

Xanatos was in his element as he gazed upon his devastated former Master. ?You want to know why?? he asked slyly. Without waiting for an answer he continued. ?It?s because you could never let go of the past. You can never let go of the moment when you allowed me to curse you forever with an unending guilt. A guilt you?re thrusting upon the boy. Kenobi will die because you are obsessed with your failure. You?re obsessed with *me*.?

Qui-Gon shook his head, unable to form any words. His hand reached down and gripped Obi-Wan?s smaller one. Qui-Gon gave Obi-Wan?s hand a squeeze and was gratified to receive a slight squeeze in response. Obi-Wan definitely lived. For now.

Everyone else in the room watched on tensely-

22. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    That was so good. And I am so looking forward to the fluff that is sure to follow :) Will it be coming anytime soon?

Awesome fic Ginger_Jedi!!!

Got anything else in the works????

23. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    It's about time, Qui-Gon. I was seriuosly going to kick your butt if you didn't choose Obi.

Great post, Ginger. And two days in a row!!! :D :D :D So, there's more mush coming right? <hopeful look>

24. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    Ginger, thanks for psoting with NO cliffhanger!! I wasn't sure I could take anymore! 8-}

Good to see Qui come to his senses...at least in one story that is......

25. Artemis_Silverbow

Artemis_Silverbow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2001
    Two posts in two days? *hug* I love you Ginger :D

I almost hate to say it, since he is a favorite character of mine, but I'm glad Xanatos is finally dead. He was getting even more nasty then usual. Turning Qui-Gon to the Dark Side would have been a master stroke. Trust Obi-Wan to make it fall flat :) Now that Qui-Gon has his head out of his.....uh, um, ahem, what I mean to say is......now that Qui-Gon's come to his senses, perhaps he and Obi-Wan can bond properly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.