main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bridge Cartoons?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthStothe, Jun 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthStothe

DarthStothe Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    Hmm...

I heard this somewhere. Do you think it would be a good idea?

Bridge cartoons could be something around the running time of all the clone wars shorts. They could be put onto the DVD's. Like a bridge episode between Ep4 and Ep5 to show what happened. It could use EU ideas (EX: Splinter of the Mind's Eye or Shadows of the Empire) or it could be a totally made up story. Personally, I think that it could be a good idea if used properly. But, SotE, if used, would have to be longer than the usual entire running time of the combined shorts, unless it was cut.

Any thoughts?

2. Devistro

Devistro Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2003
    Well, it sounds like an OK idea to kind of fill us in on what happens between Episode 3 and A New Hope. As for having them follow right after the movie itself, that might not be too hot considering you're watching a live action film and then all of a sudden this cartoon pops up showing what happens between episodes. It might be nice to put it in a special features section on the DVD or something like that. Or, it could be relased on a seperate DVD or a series of DVDs since you would have a series of stories going on between the two films.

3. DarthStothe

Jun 2, 2002
    That's what I meant when I said having it on the DVD: as an extra feature.

4. Devistro

Devistro Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2003
    Well if that's what you meant, then I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be a good idea.

5. Mystic_Ally

Mystic_Ally Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2003
    that would be awesome, thats exactly what I've been wishing for since I heard abou the Clone Wars cartoons! Shadows of the Empire would be a likely script for one

6. DarthStothe

Jun 2, 2002
    Hi, seeing as the clone wars are upon us, I've bumped this up to see if anyone else would like to discuss it.

Also, to get minds working: what kind of story would you like to see. Any obscure quotes that would spark the imagination (ESB: Han's mention of running into a bounty hunter on Ord Mantell or the All Famous Jedi Purge?) Seeing as how the Clone Wars was all brought about from Obi-Wans quote about serving in the Clone Wars. Or would you like a totally new, innovative story? What would you like to see in a bridge episode if at all?

Post Away

7. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I wouldn't mind more clone wars shorts.

8. Chief_Of_State_James

Chief_Of_State_James Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2003
  9. ManoWan

ManoWan Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Yes...yes..they would be a great asset. Can it be done?

10. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    It would be pretty cool, but only if it was done well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.