main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Brief question about the "Episode IV" addition...

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by CuppaJoe, Sep 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    I noticed that some people pointed out that on the 2004 DVDs, when STAR WARS first pops up, it's zooming back incredibly fast. I heard they did this so there would be room for the A NEW HOPE title to come in. However, today I just re-watched an old VHS of ANH from when it was first issued on video, and the STAR WARS logo appeared just as it does on every other release of the films.

Why does it move back so fast on the 04 version?

2. DARTHFINGERZ

DARTHFINGERZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2004
    I noticed it too. I hope it's fixed for next years box set.

3. zombie

zombie Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    The crawl was digitally re-done for the SE so that the words are sharper and don't wobble. I guess they didn't get the timing exactly perfect.

4. Dark_Faith

Dark_Faith Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 30, 2004
    So they didn't need to speed up the crawl to fit ep.4 ANH?

If so, why IS IT sped up?

5. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    It's pretty odd, and since I forgot that it didn't do that prior to the SE, I thought it was pretty cool. It's pretty striking, it's like "BAM!" it hits you and speeds away incredibly fast. But it's still a weird change, if they had no reason for it.

6. dvader234

dvader234 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2005
    I remember when I had my Star Wars marathon, that fast logo really stuck out compared to the prequels. It's not that big of a deal, but a change would be nice.

7. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    It's to fit with the music. You'll notice that the main fanfare of the SW films starts with the "Episode V" or whatever popping up on the screen. To make that work, they had to speed up the "Star Wars" to fit with the original recording of the music.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.