main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA Briefings

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Master--Kenobi, Jan 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    This will be where everyone can find out what happened at our meetings: i.e. minutes and so forth.

Our own Anakins_Frustration will be posting and keeping everyone up to date (beginning Monday).

Clear Skies

- K -

2. Anakins_Frustration

Anakins_Frustration Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2003
    January 2nd was the first offical meeting of the tulare county fanforce
    we discussed the reasons we were forming the group there were six people who showed up for the first meeting
    *there were introductions
    *we told what we wanted to see the gruop succeed in there were mentions in charity work , toys for tots , animal welfare acts ,
    and ect.
    *we decided that we were going to meet every first and third thursday of the month at 7:30 pm in the caf`e at borders at the sequioa mall in visalia .
    *we made our nominations for offices

the nominations are as follows:

president: Josie figueroa

vice president : Charles Boling

secertary: Tiffany Molina

Treasure: Betty ?

O/C Contact: Kim Liegh

these are just nominations so if any one has a protest please come to the next meeting on january 15 at 7:30 pm.

this is Anakins_Frustration i will be back to keep you update don any new updates.

3. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    The next meeting of our little gathering of Jedi will be held on Jan 15th (Thursday). We will again be meeting at the Borders in Visalia.

From 99 (coming N or S) take the 198 exit East. Head to the Mooney Blvd exit. Take a right at top of the exit ramp (South) and stay on Mooney until you reach Sequoia Mall at the corner of Mooney and Caldwell. The Boarders can be seen from the street. We will see everyone inside the Borders Cafe at 7:30 p.m.
    We are hoping this time will be a little better for all.

We are hoping to discuss upcoming conventions, a possible group project, and getting together with our Brethern down south (i.e. Orange County).

Any questions feel free to email me at Master-Kenobi@jedi-council.com

MTFBWY and hope to see new faces soon.

4. Master--AshTohn

Master--AshTohn Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2003
    Greetings,

Sorry for the delay in posting. I will not be able to attend the next meeting scheduled for 0115.04, as I will be school. I would also like to appeal to my fellow members regarding changing the date and time we meet since I will be in school until 06.04. I would like to suggest moving the meetings to Fridays ? 6:30PM or Sunday Evenings ? 5:30 or 6:00 PM.?

As for this week, I will have the agenda prepared prior to the scheduled meeting. I have conferred with Vice-President ? Anakin Skywalker. He will head the group meeting in my place. (Kenobi ? it is up to you to keep the boy in line!) hehehe - I know know you will do a great job Anakin.

With regrets,
    Master AshTohn
    (aka) Josie :)

5. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Ok Master Ash, you made your request to the Council and it has been granted!

The meeting at Border's has now been changed to Friday, January 16th @ 6:30 p.m. (I know you are concerned about the boy being a bit headstrong and relishing those feelings of Power from heading the meeting). :) Seriously, the directions are still the same (see above post). So anybody and everybody..Plan on coming around.

The more the merrier!! (Don't make us drag Ani's "Dead Mom" over just so we have more..um..."bodies"

MTFBWY

- Master "K" -

6. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Myself and one other shall be joining you guys on Friday night. I look forward to meeting you! :)

7. Ultimate_Mamas_Boy

Ultimate_Mamas_Boy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2003
    it will be nice to have a couple of new faces!

8. Anakins_Frustration

Dec 20, 2003
    we shall be delighted to meet you at the coming meeting on friday at 6:30 till then...

9. tvgrluvsw

tvgrluvsw Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2003
    it was great meeting everyone and i look forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks. It was a lot of fun.

Debbie

10. Anakins_Frustration

Dec 20, 2003
    second meeting on january 16,2004

we began at 6:44 and we were introduced to two ladies we met debbie and rosemary of bakersfield
    we also discussed the Group status because apon our third posting of the meeting we become an offical fan force group things we considered was are we going to have a mission statement or by laws ,ect.
    or if we are going to come into contact with other groups suchy as bakersfield or orange county
    we were also thinking of doing sister groups with bakersfield and possibly fresno.
    our third meeting will be held on
    friday febuary 6,2004
    this will be our third meeting
    our meeting place will be at borders still
    for directions you can look at previous posts by master--kenobi
    we also talk of a group trip to see the lady washington when it comes to port in morro bay febuary 25-29,2004 , maybe on saturday the 28?
    also we talk about the possibilities of going to an orange county meeting the first sunday in febuary, and also to some work shops they will host.
    also we are talking of going to baycon memorial day weekend in san jose.
    aslo there was some talk of a cancer walk were we would dress up in starwars outfits and take pictures with people for a fee to help raise money for the cancer walk more info. will be posted on that subject.
    the meeting ended at 7:33pm

end briefing

11. tvgrluvsw

May 1, 2003
    i thought we were going to meet at someones house this time?

anyway im looking forward to it. i have a few items to trade or sell if anyone is interested.

debbie

12. Anakins_Frustration

Dec 20, 2003
    after the thrid meeting we might meet at someones house and i will post were we are going to meet if anything changes! laters

13. Darkside-lite

Darkside-lite Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2004
    Greetings All.

When will you learn that there is nothing you have that I can not possess? I cracked the code, with the help of Master Kenobi, and am now able to log on and post my own messages along with the Dark Cat Lord of the Sith, Darth Scooter. Trust me, that is a name to make rodents quake in their...whiskers.

Onward. Being the only represnetive of the Darkside, at this time, I do want to thank the members for making me feel welcome. I was pleased when told that we would be creating a group here and do look forward to it growing.

I was passing on information last night that Borders will print our meeting times in their monthly calender of events if we give them the information. This does not seem such a bad idea as it would allow us to perhaps attract a few more members.

Okay, I can't think of anything more to write at this time so I look forward to our next meeting here in the wonderful Valley of the Sith.

Bette aka: Darth Bedlam

14. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Darkside-lite....hmmm Same Darkside, but less filling.

Love the name! But you knew that.

Ok, we ARE meeting at Borders, the workdays and workshops will be held at the house. So Debbie, you were not mistaken, my fault for not being clearer.

See everyone soon.

Master "K"

15. Master--AshTohn

Master--AshTohn Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2003
    Okay Kenobi, I'll plan on being there. This is the big 3 for our group! Next meeting after this next, how about a little celebration with all of us?

Let me know.

Ash

16. Anakins_Frustration

Dec 20, 2003
    I so excited our next meeting is the lasyt unoffical then we are going to be offical i am so excited!

17. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    I am really excited for all of you as well. You all have done fantastic with everything you have done in such a short time frame.

Just remember that at the meeting to finalize your decisions concerning Chatper Rep and any other positions for officers in the club and I will update those when I have the information.

Again you all have done a great job!

18. tvgrluvsw

May 1, 2003
    look forward to seeing everyone on friday!!

19. Darkside-lite

Darkside-lite Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2004
    Greetings All,

I look forward to our meetings tomorrow evening and if it is alright with everyone I will speak to Pat, the store manager, and have a place set up for us in the back of the store to avoid the throng of mundanes that may be inhabiting the cafe area. This note may or may not be posted as my computer is again behaving badly so I will sign off for now.

Bette

20. Anakins_Frustration

Dec 20, 2003
    Hello Every one I am Posting on our third Meeting

which started at 7:14pm

We got started With Sing in Sheet And Introductions.

Then Next on our agenda was our apologies to the bakersfield banthas Because we had missed thier meeting and they were not able to become a offical chapter but they did set up a another meeting date for febuary 27, 2004 at 7:00pm at borders in bakersfield. for directions see thier postings.

then we discussed what is next for our group which included Our planning meetings which we decided to have our first plkanning meeting on march 6, 2004 instead of borders we decided to make it a little more personal and we will be hosting the meeting at Master--Kenobi's place,he will post the directions before the meeting , We outlined some group goals ,like the cancer walk which will be held on may 1st and 2nd at the bakersfield university stadeum. we also decidee to have a little celebration of our own for becoming an offical chapter which more info will be at the planning meeting.

The group discussed the possiblities of names and we all were able to agree upon "The Order Of The Two Suns" for our fanforce name.Also Our Electees for Offices are as folklows:

President: Master--AshTohn

Vice President: Ulitimate_Mamas_Boy

Secertary: Anakins_Frustration

Treasure: Darkside-Lite

And Our Fanforce Represenative: Master--Kenobi

we discussed the website we will be setting up which will be under Valley Of The Jedi.com mor e information will be let out at the planning meeting.

The Star wars Fanfilm being Done By tvgrlusw Was Discussed Some Of the group signed on to be part of the cast we were able to read the script and the film dates set for the fanfilm is april 10,2004.

then we talked about possible projects which included A car conversion into a Jedi Starfighter and a robo jr. being made into a yoda. More info. on that has yet to come

in our other business agenda/*trips
    we discussed the possibilty of going to an Orange County meeting but in regrets it was to soon a date for us all to go

in other news Our all day trip to see the lady washington is fast approaching it will be held on febuary 28,2004.its $3.00 to go on broad, $45 for a mock batlle,$45to learn how to sail,and $10 dollars to climb to the crows nest,with a harness.and all thesew figures are per person.

also thier is a trip to los angeles in the works to go see the costumes on display at the FIDM on febuary 14,2004.

we closed at 8:15pm

in conclusion the next very important dates are as follows:

BAKERSFIELD BANTHAS 3RD MEETING FEBURARY 27,2004
    AT 7:00PM

OUR PANNING MEETING ON MARCH 6,2004

AND OUR NEXT OFFICAL MEETING AT BORDERS ON MARCH 19,2004

INCLUDED IN OUR NEXT AGENDA SHOULD BE :

A.) Fanfilm

B.) Conventions

C.) Yoda

D.) next orange county meeting

E.) Website

F.) Art design for our logo.

Until Next time this is anakins_Frustration Checking out. End Briefing.

21. Anakins_Frustration

Dec 20, 2003
    i will have or notes from the fouth offical meeting in by sunday nite by all

22. Anakins_Frustration

Dec 20, 2003
    I Sincerly apologize to everyone who is depending on my notes to stay caught up with our group i was in the middle of moving and hvent found my notes to the fourth meeting but i have the old agenda and will try to remeber everything i can

we sign in and had introductions even though no one new was there

the bakersfield banths didn't show up to the meeting we missed them And also info on the xcancer walk can't be relesed cause the man didnt show at their meeting so we hafd no info and i guess were not doing it

no future meeting with the bakersfield banthas have been approve yet

what been going with our group has been

a recent trip to go see the lady washington Aka the intercepter that went well we met some of the group over there and just hung out

the reson the lastr meeting was cacelled was becaues our president master ash had a art show opening we all attended to show our support

the costume trip to fidm was awesome and infromational that was our last trip to see the costumes but we were going to go and see the garment dist.

we have also been toying with the idea of a potluck for the entire group

up coming conventions include wonder con but i don't believe anyone here will be going

baycon which most of the gruop here will be attending

and comiccon were we hope to run into orange county and say hi
    also there the lucas film reps will be

and also for all those interested in the masquerade the lucas awards will be back again

our upcoming projects include a wlking /shuffing yoda details are not cleare how we are going to do it

orange county will be having a get together on 4/24/04 in anahiem,ca

the tulare county renaissance fiare is also that weekend

see you guys later

23. Anakins_Frustration

Dec 20, 2003
    and yet more briefings today becaus ei havent posted on our fifth meeting yet so i will do it right now

unfourtnatly all of the group was not there we were missing our orange county rep/chapter rep and the ever faithful president they we away on personal buisness

so the vice and me had to run the meeting so there isnt much to talk about

the usual sign in and intro but once again we knew everyone

then we went right to updates which were the updates of
    baycon which the group would be attending on may 28th-31st,2004 we discussed means of transportatuion ,lodging, and food

comic con will be july 22nd-25th,2004
    we will be discussing the food , ect. there

and we talk also of this years los con november 25-28.2004
    more info will arrive in the coming meetings

also for those of you who want to attend more conventions there is a couple of options we found out such as

silicon which is in september on the third through the fifth of 2004

anthother convention to consider will be conjecture con in october first thorugh the fifth of 2004

we also who needs what for costuming

and we decided jedis need to be dyed for anakin
    a epIII glove needs to be made for him

Ep. III pearl and blue drees need to be made for padme before comic con so i have amother outfit

bits and piceses need to be found for mother palpatine like glasses and shoes

and how to build a lightsaber with ani and ben

we will discuss our webpage this coming meeting

we will also discuss the mobi;e yoda ben has a radio controlled mobile unit

we call the meeting at 8:09pm

our next fanforce will be held on Friday the 25th at borders as usual we will be near the entrance at internal doors of the mall at 7:00pm

see you all there this is padme signing out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.