SWRPF Archive Brilliant idea: How to create a blaster!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Kev32, Jul 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kev32 Jedi Youngling

For those who don't know what airsoft is, it's basically replica guns that shoot 6mm plastic pellets, it's operated by gas, Co2, electricy or manual cocking. It will be hard to make if you don't know how to dissamble an airsoft gun or if you don't know anyone who

I got some crazy idea, that might actually work, it's about creating an actual star wars laser weapon. Anyone here can try to make it if they want. It should work in theory. So here it goes:
    1.)Get ahold of a stormtrooper costume
    2.)Get ahold of a star wars replica toy gun (preferably one that makes a laser sound when the trigger is pulled)
    3.)Get ahold of an airsoft gun (preferably gas or Co2, non blow back)
    4.)Get ahold of airsoft tracer bullets (Bullets that glow in the dark after beeing explosed to strong light)
    5.)Get ahold of an airsoft bullet flasher (will give the bullets a flash as they go by the barrel, exposing them to strong light, and making tracer bullets glow in the dark)

Now if you've got all this, you've got all the needed equipment, now on how to make everything work.

Take apart the airsoft gun and the toy gun, now, take all the parts out of the airsoft gun and put them into the toy gun, how to do this will vary between each gun, but someone who is an expert at messing around with airsofts should know how to, you'll have to
    modify the toy gun to make the internals fit, probably have to cut off some pieces to make the barrel fit and stuff, also, remember you don't want to damage the part of the toy gun that makes the laser sound.

Put on your stormtrooper costume, go to some friends house, and shoot the hell out of him with your star wars laser gun! The tracer bullets are susposed to make a short line of light, just like the blasters in star wars, so you'll get a pretty good weapon, plus it makes the sound. I can't personally do this, because I lack the money, but if you do this, get ahold of a powerful airsoft gun, like 450 feet per second or something, many Co2 guns have this power. Note that it's not as simple to transfer the internals from an airsoft gun to a toy star wars gun as it might sound, so get an expert to do it.

EDIT: Probably wrong forum, so could a moderator move it? Sorry about it, but I'm new to theese forums.

NP edit: Try Costuming and Props, that is a better place for this.
  2. darth_nemisis Jedi Master

star 6
    Yeah, this is the wrong forum for this...I am not sure where this would go...Perhaps the Fan Films or the Costuming Props forum. Other than that, I do not know. I do know this is the wrong forum though. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.