main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The OC Revolution | NEW! 2Q 2024 Challenge Is Up: Friendship

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by OCDatabaseSock, Sep 28, 2012.

1. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    It's an archival site for character profiles. You can post bios and images for each character and keep them in one place for reference. I started using Toyhou.se because a few of my characters have birth dates and I was starting to lose track of that. I can also keep track of their likes and dislikes and little things like that.

Ewok Poet and jcgoble3 like this.
  2. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Sounds interesting. I may check it out.

3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Trak, can you hand out invites for that?

4. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I can't... yet. I had to hunt someone down on dA and ask for a code. Once I can generate invite codes, I'll share them.

Ewok Poet and Admiral Volshe like this.
  5. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Thanks for letting us know. :)

6. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Charahub's another option, however. I haven't used it, but I know people who do.

7. OCDatabaseSock

OCDatabaseSock Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 17, 2004
    Thanksgiving day

Tell us about the meaning of a similar day for your OC

8. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Last month of the year is on its way. The challenge is running. Entries?

Write a story in which your character's feelings, choices, and/or actions are influenced by the experience of either hearing or making music (e.g., singing, playing, etc.). Please note the following:
    - This is distinct from a songfic in that the music has to be taking place in-universe.
    - The influence has to come from the music itself, not just the words of a song, though lyrics and melody can work in tandem.
    - Descriptions of specific characteristics of the music (things like volume, instrumentation, tempo, etc.) are highly encouraged but not absolutely required.

Your story must be in before 01-01-2016 00.00 Pacific time
    Voting will be in the first week of 2016

Music can be quite annoying these days with Sinterklaas, Santa and Christmas songs everywhere.
    Tell us about things that annoy your OC to the extreme

9. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    One of my OC's, Nalieza, really does not like the sound of one particular talk show host's voice. She is/was an actress, and appeared on the show more than once, but found the host's voice to be like crackling ice in a plastic cup (for those not familiar with that sound, ice as it melts tends to click and occasionally squeak when it's in a plastic cup, at least in my experience). She also doesn't like overly loud holovids, which means her next door neighbor's tendency to have the volume up so high she can hear it through open windows is a regular irritant during warm weather.

Her father, Paurilis, is a history professor and detests his students muttering...because they are usually complaining about their assignments or simply do not want to be in that class, but they attend university and signed up for the thing, so...

10. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Breha gets very annoyed when she is overlooked. The worst is when people talk about her as if she isn't in the room. Having siblings who are Jedi when she couldn't feel the Force if it bopped her on the head is bad enough, but when people assume that she can relate to the same things Jaina and Jacen can do or that she automatically knows what it is like to be a Jedi because her mom and her siblings are really irritates her. She feels unimportant and ignored.

Blue gets very annoyed when someone touches his medical stuff. He doesn't want anyone else in the ship's infirmary or in his office. The worst is when someone takes something and doesn't put it back where it belongs. Blue has a system. Leave his stuff alone.

11. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I remembered over the last couple days that my elf, Yavscout, from the Everquest MMORPG, hates, or very much resents, his Merc' callsign, "Safety".

He is also not greatly fond of Merc code words in general, especially if he does not know what they mean. We've got one, The Lamp is on top of the mountain.

Neither he, ingame; or I, out-of-game, can find out what the heck that means. Best guess: "Break out the cable car."

12. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Five days to go for the challenge. Bring your stories to the boards

13. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Whoops, wrong thread.

Doh!

14. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
    I wrote a challenge response: Evensong

15. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005

Yay! I just couldn't really think of anything that fit any of the characters in my stable.

Findswoman likes this.
  16. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Bravo leiamoody :) Don't forget to PM the sock as well.

I'm going to re-read my entry and decide if I'm posting it. I spent a lot of time on it, but I'm not too sure it's post-worthy. Maybe I'll be inspired to change some things before it's 2016 in Skywalker Ranch.

Findswoman likes this.
  17. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
    I don't think mine was very postworthy, but I did it anyway.

18. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Well, having re-read my thing it's definitely not post-worthy. It's actually 5,000 words of worthless, rambling drivel that just can't be revamped. I'll write something else later this year on the theme of this challenge, because it was a really good challenge.

19. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I have my story complete, but I'm purposely dropping out and posting it an hour or two later. My OC is a really special, eccentric man, he's not big on competition and it would be OOC to enter a story about him as a competitive entry. If it was any other character and if there were multiple characters this piece was about, it would've been OK.

I will appreciate if it's added to the index as a non-competition entry once I've sent it to the sock, though. I'm interested in how people interpret it. :)

20. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Your story will be added to the index

And here we have the two entries for the Autumnchallenge

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/evensong-oc-autumn-challenge-response.50037004/]evensong[/url] leiamoody
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/evensong-oc-autumn-challenge-response.50037004/

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/findswomans-fragments-and-miscellanea-the-spacers-song-oc-1st-sentence-challenges-12-31-15.50023022/page-4#post-53059454]the[/url] Spacer’s song Findswoman
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...lenges-12-31-15.50023022/page-4#post-53059454

and the third entry is (not for the competition)

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...llenge-response.50026496/page-3#post-53068332

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/ep-defends-her-creativity-january-02nd-radiophonic-heart-a-belated-oc-autumn-challenge-response.50026496/page-3#post-53068332]radiophonic[/url] heart Ewok Poet

But we have no voting anymore because Findswoman^:)^O:) (winning last challenge) has asked me to be excluded from the voting.

And that means [face_party]^:)^ that we have a winner

Congrats to leiamoody and her entry 'evensong'

Read all the entries. They are great

21. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Findswoman likes this.
  22. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Conrgats to leiamoody=D=

23. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Congrats, leiamoody! I have two things to finish as we speak and I have to submit a progress report at work, so I may only get to read your piece tomorrow, but Findswoman told me that it's excellent. :D And now I'm giddy about whatever challenge you will propose us for the next three months!

Also, to whoever else comments on my story: it involves bullying and hazing, which is a very serious matter, so please take in mind my stance on that. I don't see it as fun and games.

24. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
    Strange turn of events...

25. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Congratulations, leiamoody! =D= And much kudos to both you and Ewok Poet on both of your very enjoyable and thought-provoking stories that were just the sort of thing to which I hoped this challenge would lead. I love challenges like this because it's so amazing to see so many different approaches that can be taken—each of us three took a different approach and I bet there were many more possible others, too.

Looking forward to seeing what you'll choose for the next challenge, lm, because whatever it is is sure to be fantastic and creative!