main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The OC Revolution | NEW! 2Q 2024 Challenge Is Up: Friendship

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by OCDatabaseSock, Sep 28, 2012.

1. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    *pokes nose into the thread*

interesting challenge, i might have to take a poke at it. depending on... a number of things really.

so, quick intro, i'm mainly an RPer who does basically nothing but OC's at this point because i just don't really see the point of doing canon characters in an RPG. most of my work right now is in the RPF, sadly, but i'm looking to branch out a bit over here. possibly with some background type stories for a particular character that... kind of straddles both legends and the current canon thanks to some very odd quirks to the game that she's involved with. i'm thinking she actually might be who i do a song challenge (ewok poet linked me over here because i mentioned OC's as a result of the song title i got) with. if anyone's interested i can work up a brief profile for her.

i'm actually a much, much older user who decided to come back under a new name, though i doubt much of anyone around these days will recognize the name. i used to be trimaj back in 05 until the move. so if anyone knows me, hi again. glad to be back into the whole writing thing. and definitely looking forward to talking about OC's and writing in general really.

2. OCDatabaseSock

OCDatabaseSock Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 17, 2004
    First thanks =D= Kahara and Findswoman [face_dancing] for your great work at managing the sock during my moving.

Yes the bird is back after a lot of moving and getting my stuff in the new home.
    And that has me with an idea for a non competitive challenge. Write a story, vignette about your OC and moving

3. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    could it be something that's post move, and reflecting on it and what happened?

if so, i have something that would fit perfectly, and could actually cover another challenge i had as well.

AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    of course.
    I am replying this way because my internet is a bit whacky

AzureAngel2 and Ewok Poet like this.
  5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I have some stuff with an OC, that has moved cross country, but I may have to extract segments from separate posts to make one.

Or if it can be as simple as an mission-based helicopter ride, I can link to a pre-existing fic update.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Think I will try my hand at the non-competitive idea.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Yes, I am back after some trouble with the 'fox'
    A week ago we had elections for a new parliament and the news-coverage was exhausting of course for a non-politically person like me.
    But it gives us a new discussion. Tell us about your OC and politics and the scheming or not if she/he is involved

8. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    An OC that I have rarely talked about happens to be a Senator who is, of course, majorly involved in politics...so involved it leads to her death in the middle of a hostage situation. She lives about 500 years before the PT/OT era, during what would probably be considered the high point of the Old Republic. In my version of the galaxy far, far away, this time period is generally peaceful across the galaxy, but that just means there is varying amounts of dissension on the "local" level (sectors, planets, etc). The Galactic Senate is at the beginning of its downward slide into the corrupt and archaic institution that leads to the Empire. Generations of peace inevitably lead to a learned apathy and self-centered focus upon the needs of the one versus the needs of the many. My character tries to be a better person than the beings she is surrounded by, with varying degrees of success until her death.

9. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Hm, for my characters I think it depends on the era. My Jedi characters, Before the Trilogy, work with various Senators & like/respect some; endure/dread others. During the Rebellion, well, the only politicians my OCs know of are the Imperial ones, so, of course, not fans. My New Canon-ST pilot has a fairly low opinion of politicians, although her promotion was a political one. If her CO had known about it, he would have blocked it, but he was in a bacta tank at the time...

10. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014

I don't blame you. That guy was SCARY. Plus, his Hitler jugend haircut, ewww. [face_sick]

My OCs have been forced into politics because most of them live on a world where it matters more than anything else. They have been indoctrinated from the earliest age. Some of them had their lives ruined by politicians, some of them are the said politicians.

AzureAngel2, Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I had to think really hard before I remembered that I had a senator once, but even then I focussed on extra-curricular activities.

I have done more with security of, and disaster recovery at, the Imperial / Galactic Senate, than actual politics. Really not more than an incidental focus with me.

12. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    Politics is still the ongoing discussion now with the elections for president in France with two candidates left running.
    But
    The spring challenge came and had one entry (or I must have missed more and you can tell me)

Ewok Poet
    challenge-response

13. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    My OCs' politics? Definitely anti-Imperial.

14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I can link to chapters of pre-existing fic if you want a rival entry.

AzureAngel2 and Findswoman like this.
  15. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    My two characters, Kash and Mirany, are not really political personally. Mirany's father is a member of the city council, but she herself has no personal political aspirations. She pretty much ignores politics. Kash spends most of his time trying to be unnoticed so he is loath to become politically involved. He has to, by necessity, watch the political mood, but he doesn't participate.

My go-to OCs, Blue and Bree Solo, are a bit different. Blue isn't political but Bree is. She grew up in politics and feels very comfortable working in that area.

16. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
    You can give me that link

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  17. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    My two main OCs Gaven and Nev aren´t very political. Being Terian´s they are quite mistrusting of politicians and try to stay out of political scemes. While Gaven has been a leader of his people for a while, he did it out of duty and was glad when he could lay the burden of leadership down. Being very idealistic they would oppose truly unjust goverments though, if they oppress their people.

18. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
  19. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    AzureAngel2, Kahara and Sith-I-5 like this.
  20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    My sop to politics, in a short-lived roleplay, were a small staff representing Lepi at the Galactic or Imperial Senate.

Senator Donnoc, a Lepi (bipedal rabbit like Jaxxon in the comics);
    A partner diplomat, female human from Hosrel (she may have been an expansion on a blink and you miss it sensor operator in Lando Calrissian and the Starcave of Thonboka).
    A homeless waif who tried to steal a datapad, and they gave her a job as their personal assistant.

21. Mando-Man

Mando-Man Jedi Master star 2

Dec 1, 2008
    So after a few years away I find myself being drawn back into the art of Star Wars fanfic. Anyone want to tell me what I've missed?

AzureAngel2, Findswoman and Kahara like this.
  22. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

When you find out, let me know.

I for one blame the fact that I think Kanan Jarrus is a Toon Hottie, and post meeting Vanessa Marshall at Celebration poked my characters with s stick, that they in turn beat me with.

Mistress_Renata and AzureAngel2 like this.
  23. OCDatabaseSock

Dec 17, 2004
  24. Mando-Man

Mando-Man Jedi Master star 2

Dec 1, 2008
    Congrats Ewok Poet. =D=

25. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005