main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The OC Revolution | NEW! 2Q 2024 Challenge Is Up: Friendship

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by OCDatabaseSock, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    whiskers and Findswoman like this.
  2. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Thanks so much, whiskers! This is truly fantastic—so glad they have this at last. :)

On a different topic: OCDatabaseSock, I don't suppose would it be possible to ask for an extension on the challenge deadline? A combination of awards volunteering and the fanon challenge really slowed me down on writing much more than I'd anticipated, but I really do love the premise of the current challenge and would like to do it justice if I can. Thanks for considering. :)

Ewok Poet likes this.
  3. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Ewok Poet, Findswoman and Chyntuck like this.
  4. OCDatabaseSock

OCDatabaseSock Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 17, 2004
    Findswoman Of course it is possible to extend the challenge deadline. With a sock busy in RL it sure is nice.

The deadline for the spring-challenge is now set on the first of July zero hour pacific time

Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  5. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Thank you so much! And that would also work with having different deadlines for this one and the Fanon Challenge in the future. :) Couldn't have been better.

Findswoman likes this.
  6. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    What was the challenge, anyway? I can't remember if I wrote anything for it or not.

Findswoman likes this.
  7. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I thiiink you were the only person who did. Great challenge, and I want to do it the justice it and its author deserve.

whiskers and Findswoman like this.
  8. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Oh, OCDatabaseSock, thank you so much! I appreciate that immensely. @};-

I had been thinking maybe just another week, but I certainly won't say no to July 1. :D And yes, as Ewok Poet notes, that also helps out a lot with staggering deadlines for the upcoming Fanon Thread challenge. Veel dank. :)

Ewok Poet likes this.
  9. whiskers

May 19, 2005
    Yeah, I just found it. I don't know whether or not me not remembering it is due to it not being in its own thread, long challenge length, leaky memory, or a combo of all three.

Findswoman likes this.
  10. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    There was a challenge?

Gamiel likes this.
  11. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014

Why, yes—it's described in the second post of the thread, under "Current Challenge." :)

divapilot and Ewok Poet like this.
  12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Oh that!

I PM'ed the sock with two chapters on the NSWFF side; didn't hear anything back.

My system has not been its usual happy self since I risked Flash those three times to produce my earlier dolls, though some online sources suggest that Microsoft has steath-downloaded 3 gig of Windows 10 onto people's systems, so it could be that.

I won't be accessing any more dolls as they require Flash.

OCDatabaseSock likes this.
  13. OCDatabaseSock

OCDatabaseSock Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 17, 2004
    Sith-I-5 Your chapters are in for the challenge

Ewok Poet, Sith-I-5 and Findswoman like this.
  14. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    In follow-up to the clothing and looks theme, it's time to introduce some of my guys, so why not start with the most complex of them?

This is Anjie Mencuri in a couple of different stages of his life.

Overall, Anjie is of average height for a man in the GFFA, slim-but-muscular at best (hello, divapilot's Blue <3) and underweight at worst, has curly dark brown hair and hazel eyes.

Anjie was only eighteen when he ended up in Steamy Wasaka Stew, the notorious wailer-group from Coronet City. At that point, the wailers were desperately looking for their big breakthrough and, despite being on the Galactic Empire's list of Scarlet works, they were pulling some bizarre stunts, the most famous of them being the "oven mitt trick". One would simply dress in footwear and a single, strategically places sonic oven mitt. I'll spare you from the latter, so here is a more acceptable stage attire, minus the crazy accessories.

[​IMG]

Anjie was gone from the spotlight from many years and he re-emerged some time after the Battle of Endor, he was 28-29 at the time and he looked like this:

[​IMG]

Since the audience was used to seeing Anjie look a lot like his wailer-mates from Steamy Wasaka Stew - buff and barely dressed - they could not even recognise him, as his facial features were hidden underneath long hair and a thick beard. Once people started recognising him again, they were comparing him to no one other than the legendary character of Revan*. Anjie has mixed feelings about this - he is definitely interested in philosophy, the higher power, the Universe and the Force - but he does not like being compared to the man people see as a demigod of sorts.

Similarly, the bearded and long-haired look is often a clue that Anjie is deeply troubled on the inside. He still wants to be invisible to a certain extent and hiding his facial expressions and making himself look "ugly" and older is kind of a self-punishment that he subjects himself to. There may be depression at work here, too.

In the times when Anjie cares about himself and does not mind the somewhat crippled state he ended up in (this will be in my next epic, can't explain), everything changes: he grooms regularly, shaves a couple of times per week and actually looks at what clothes he's picked before putting them on. However, in either of cases, he is likely to wear very old clothes and he is not a flashy dresser by any means.

[​IMG]

He's supposed to have thick-rimmed spectacles as well, but Azalea's Dolls don't give that option with the SW dollmaker. :(

* In my universe, Revan is remembered as a folk hero and such.

15. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Love that, Ewok Poet! He looks great. Having the images really helps to get an idea of the character.

The wife has told Blue that he is not allowed to hang out with Anjie. They would get into trouble. (Unless they are hanging out at rehab, but then Bree would be watching them both like a hawk.)

Since you started it :p here are a couple of images that I made.

[​IMG]

That's Blue, except that he has tattoos on his forehead. This is the way I picture him at the beginning of the series. He's about 25 here, a medic on a ship that transports refugees from the Vong war.

[​IMG]

That's Breha Amidala Solo, who loves nice clothes and pretty jewelry. Because of her expensive taste she sometimes comes across as self-centered but in reality she is very compassionate and caring. She loves her Blue and her family very much.

Curse you, Azaleas Dolls.

16. whiskers

May 19, 2005
    [​IMG]

Ceth Marscor

As a Jedi Shadow, I can't really show him in Jedi robes. Most of the time, he's out in the field on undercover missions and is dressed in typical smuggler garb. The jacket provides ample hiding places for his lightsaber, hold out blasters and comlinks.

[​IMG]

Galen Wentlas

Dressed in the uniform of the Alderaanian Defense Fleet, Galen's a long way from the Republic he served for eight years and the Empire he served for eight weeks

[​IMG]

Gavin Merridon

As a student of the New Jedi Order, Gavin wears traditional Jedi robes, albeit with pants more common in combat gyms than a serene temple. His lightsaber is not his own, but rather the one his father gave to him at a young age and had belonged to his father's Jedi master.

EDIT: Tough Decisions

All characters face tough decisions, especially our original characters.

Galen has had to face many tough decisions. The biggest probably being whether or not to fight the Empire or to leave completely. Eventually, some circumstances forced his moral code to make the decision for him: fight. He's also had to think at times whether or not the entire thing is worth the sacrifices he's made. He's lost two homeworlds due to the Empire, one of them being Coruscant and the other--and far more permanent loss--being Alderaan. Another temporary home, the frigate Resurgence, was also destroyed by the Empire specifically due to the actions of the strike team he was on.

Anya, Galen's wife, also had to make the decision to fight against the Empire. I actually envision her choice to be a little more difficult than Galen's, though, as her term in the Defense Fleet ended with the end of the Clone Wars and she certainly had somewhere else to go to. In the end, though, their similar moral compasses led them to the Alderaanian resistance.

Ceth Marscor has done a lot of things that a Jedi normally wouldn't do in his time period. As a Jedi shadow, he's constantly on the lookout for the return of the Sith students of the late Exar Kun and for the Jedi and Sith artifacts that they stole from the library on Ossus. Some of his missions have been more like assassinations than arrests, though that was the eventual outcome. He's constantly treading a dark path, taking in two smugglers/pirates for allies, albeit mostly unwillingly.

And then there's Alexis. By the Force, there's Alexis...

17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do it have any technicolor chooses for skin or other alternative to make you doll non-human? Also are there any John Carter harnesses among the clothing opinions?

Findswoman likes this.
  18. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Gamiel, my dear fellow, just go to the game and try it out for yourself, and you'll see what kind of harnesses there are and aren't! :p Seriously, though, I didn't see any harness-looking items when I tried it out, and as I recall it's pretty much limited to Humans.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  19. whiskers

May 19, 2005
    I liked the fact that the women's creator had more options for alien species like Togruta and Twi'lek. For the male creator, it's limited to just near-humans.

Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  20. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Steve Magaron had to make many crucial decisions in his life. He left Moniron after many changes in jobs and ended up on Corellia where he joined Cor Sec, training many officers among them Rostek Horn and befriending Nejaa Halcyon. Before the Jedi-purge he was back on Moniron and got involved in many adventures.

He looks like this[​IMG]

and appears in my new story The Flowers of Evil

21. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Of course that he looks great. [face_whistling][face_blush][face_blush]

Blue looks great, too! :)

Anjie is the type who gets into "trouble" on his own and can go stealth...which is very, very bad.

divapilot likes this.
  22. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Q about the challenge. If I have a story involving an OC that is chock full of moments of difficult decisions, but not specifically written for this challenge, can I / should I enter?

Fanks.:D

23. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    You can. Just send a PM to the sock

24. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I'm confused.

Isn't "difficult decision" just a discussion point? I thought the Challenge was "having too much free ******* time, and spending some of it doing laundry?"

25. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Yes, the difficult decision is just a discussion point, as far as I'm aware. As to the text of the challenge, it is stated in the second post of this thread, under "Current Challenge," and is as follows:

So I think the laundry part may be optional. :p But if someone can integrate the idea of a difficult decision in with this prompt, then that would certainly be cool too!

Ewok Poet likes this.