main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga "Bring Me to Life" Song-fic: starring Obi-wan and Padme (not obidala)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Azeria_Jade, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    "Bring Me To Life"

How can you see into my eyes like open doors
    Leading you down into my core
    Where I?ve become so numb without a soul
    My spirit sleeping somewhere cold
    Until you find it there and lead it back home

Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Knight and student of Qui-Gon Jinn and the Great Yoda, found himself in turmoil. He had thought himself mature in the ways of the Force, he had thought he knew the way. He had thought he could instruct with the ability and strength his teachers had with him. He had thought he could make everyone proud of him when he showed them the strong, powerful knight his Padawan, Anakin Skywalker had turned into.

He was wrong.

(Wake me up)
    Wake me up inside
    (I can?t wake up)
    Wake me up inside
    (Save me)
    Call my name and save me from the dark
    (Wake me up)
    Bid my blood to run
    (I can?t wake up)
    Before I come undone
    (Save me)
    Save me from the nothing I?ve become

The once angelic boy had become the Evil One. A Dark Lord of the Sith, a black heart shrouded in a mechanical shell. The holocaust of blood was spreading across the galaxy and the horrors he would never have thought Anakin capable of, burned his soul when he heard survivors tell their tale. Then again, he was no longer Anakin Skywalker, he was Darth Vader, an Agent of Evil. Padme Amidala Skywalker, Anakin?s once-wife, and two months pregnant was staring out the window. Her beautiful, brandy-brown eyes were almost lifeless as she observed the stars outside. Hyperspace, even to one who had seen it many times before, remained ever enchanting. Her usually elaborately done hair was in loose coils about her shoulders, and her once glorious costumes were now faded and hung from her like so many rags. Obi-Wan moved up behind her and laid a hand on her shoulder, she didn?t move away or acknowledge his presence. They remained in silence. Though Padme seemed to be nothing more then a flickering flame of her former flaming self, there was still something powerful inside of her.

Now that I know what I?m without
    You can't just leave me
    Breathe into me and make me real
    Bring me to life

Something soft touched Obi-Wan, he looked down as Padme twisted her head to look up at him, her small hand resting atop his. Large tears ran down her pale, haggard cheeks. She seemed so fragile, a sight that made Obi-Wan?s already damaged heart want to break. He hadn?t understood his Padawan when he had tried to describe his attraction his love for this woman before him. Now, Obi-Wan could grasp a fraction of what Padme had once meant to the man.

(Wake me up)
    Wake me up inside
    (I can?t wake up)
    Wake me up inside
    (Save me)
    Call my name and save me from the dark
    (Wake me up)
    Bid my blood to run
    (I can?t wake up)
    Before I come undone
    (Save me)
    Save me from the nothing I?ve become

Padme had been the person Obi-Wan had gone to after the fateful battle over the pit of fire. The utter shock and revulsion had ripped his wounds wider. He had watched the proud former-Queen and Senator degenerate into this husk of a woman. It was almost as traumatic as Anakin?s sudden decent into darkness.

Frozen inside without your touch without your love darling
    Only you are the life among the dead

Padme watched Obi-Wan?s face as he stared down at her, his brow furrowed, his eyes glittering with tears. For the first time in months she felt her emotions shift within her. Her cold, dead demeanor melted slightly as she felt nothing but gratefulness for this man who had faithfully watched over her when his own heart must be bursting.

?Obi-Wan, thank you,? she whispered.

All this time I can't believe I couldn't see
    kept in the dark but you were there in front of me

?She called me Obi-Wan...? Was the first thing that ran through his mind. He nodded dumbly. His eyes burning with tears, she didn?t deserve this. This woman had given her life to other causes, had sweated and bled for everyone else, and when she took a moment for herself, everything had gone wrong. Now, she could never know wha

2. trekkie8720

trekkie8720 Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2003
    wow..that was really good...

3. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Something cool and wet ran down Obi-Wan?s cheek, in utter shock he reached his hand up to touch it. A tear? No, impossible, Jedi had better control of their emotions then this. But it was tear, and what kind of a Jedi was he anyway? A failure.

Wow, that was so good, Azeria_Jade. Me likes a lot :D

~aeryn

4. Azeria_Jade

Feb 3, 2001
    Thank you oh-so-much for the kind replies trekkie8720 and AERYN_SUN! They're really appreciated!

5. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Great stuff. So sad. :(

~~Jilly

6. Azeria_Jade

Feb 3, 2001
    Thanks for responding JainaDurron!

7. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Angsty... I think this fic would have done better without the song, it just really interrupts the flow of it all. Asides from that one little nitpick this was a great fic, very sad, but good descriptions of emotions. I liked the ghost symbolism the best.

8. Azeria_Jade

Feb 3, 2001
    Thanks for responding jade_angel!

9. Azeria_Jade

Feb 3, 2001
    I'll give this one last up.

10. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    K, Rachel. You got me here. Happy now? :p

Anyways, yeah. This story is really good. It kinda does delve into the "it-might-happen-but-we're-not-going-to-find-out-for-another-two-years" area, but I can pretty much ignore that.

On an aside, nice choice of song. That song is the type of song that can be attached to anything and seem good. :)

11. Clef

Clef Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2003
    That was very very sad...but very good.
    One of the few songfics I've actually read. :D

12. Azeria_Jade

Feb 3, 2001
    Thanks very much for replying TIEPilot051999 and Clef!

13. Silver_Of_Shadows

Silver_Of_Shadows Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 2003
    I'm drowing in tissues! Very heart-wrenching.

14. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Good work, Azeria! A scene I hadn't even imagined, and very well realised. I especially like the deep hollowness on Obi-Wan's emotions: he has failed his Padawan, and the entire Order, the whole Galaxy suffers for it. He is a ghost.

Well done, again! :)

*Derisa*

15. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    *applauds* Very good job! Very good job Azeria! I've always thought of trying to do a song fic/vignette/whatever they're called, using "Bring Me To Life" And you pulled it off very well. :)

16. Azeria_Jade

Feb 3, 2001
    If you liked this one check out my other songfic Going Under Ep3 the great battle between Anakin and Obi-wan.

17. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    This one is pretty good too!!! ;)

18. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I like this. very descriptive of how Obi-wan feels.

19. starwarsfreak295

starwarsfreak295 Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2003
    is this the evancence song

20. Anakinisthechosenone

Anakinisthechosenone Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    Amazing....Just amazing

21. Azeria_Jade

Feb 3, 2001
    *force push*

22. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    This was so sad!

But it was tear, and what kind of a Jedi was he anyway? A failure.

You really expressed Obi-Wan's torment and burden.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.