main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Bring Me To Life: The AotC you didn't see---COMPLETED! Author replies up 9/25

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by stacysatrip, Apr 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stacysatrip

stacysatrip Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Bring Me To Life: The AotC You Didn't See (A/P Romance)

NOMINATED FOR BEST ROMANCE STORY, 2003 Summer FanFic Awards. Thanks to all!

Welcome to Bring Me To Life. This is my first major attempt at an ongoing fan fiction; I usually stick to vignettes. This was inspired by my "Conversations and Thoughts" collection, which was a set of "missing" Anakin and Padmé vignettes that serve to further develop their romance. So with some re-working, I've decided to change it into a full-blown story that retells the Anakin/Padmé love story of Attack of the Clones, from a certain point of view. I will be attempting to post on Tuesdays and Fridays, because it's hard work to PM everyone when a new post is up on a random day. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Obviously if I owned Anakin, Padmé, or the other Star Wars characters, I would have a great deal of money. But I don't, and I'm not making any off of this. It's for entertainment purposes only. (But boy, if I did own Anakin, I'd never leave the house ;))

Rating: Up to PG-13.

Main Characters: Anakin Skywalker, Senator Padmé Amidala

Supporting Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Ruwee Naberrie, Jobal Naberrie, Sola Naberrie, Ryoo Naberrie, Pooja Naberrie, Captain Typho, Dormé, Nandi, Queen Jamillia, and a few OC's, plus a surprise cameo.

Prologue

Senator Padmé Amidala paced angrily around her Coruscant apartment; so much so that her handmaiden Dormé feared her mistress may well wear a hole in the lush blue carpeting. Dormé could not help but sympathize with the young politician; she had returned to Coruscant for the sole purpose of leading the opposition to the Military Creation bill. But tragically, within minutes of landing on the planet, her convoy had been attacked, costing the lives of seven souls, including her bodyguard Cordé.

"Milady," Dormé said tentatively, "perhaps you should sit down."

"I don't need to sit, Dormé. I need to be investigating who was behind that attack," Padmé snapped.

Dormé's face fell, and Padmé's heart instantly softened. "I'm sorry, my friend," she said earnestly, placing a hand on Dormé's shoulder. "I know that you're just worried about me."

"Well, I'll feel better once this Master Kenobi arrives," Dormé replied with a gentle smile.

Padmé rolled her eyes and shook her head. "The last thing I need is more protection. If the Jedi Council insists on assigning Master Kenobi to me, at least they could make effective use of this time by having him investigate this matter."

She paused briefly to gaze out the row of massive windows in the sitting room, absently watching the congested Coruscant traffic speed by. Dorme walked up behind her mistress and placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

"Whatever his assignment entails, I'll be glad to have him here, Milady. Tell me, will he be coming alone?" she inquired.

Padmé's mind suddenly began racing, even more so than it had been. No, Obi-Wan Kenobi in all likelihood would not be coming alone; he had taken an apprentice ten years before, and to Padmé's knowledge that relationship was still intact. Anakin Skywalker, the precocious slave boy who had so bravely helped defend Naboo all those years ago would be taking part in this assignment.

The senator could not suppress a smile. Little Ani. He was so wide-eyed, so hungry for life, so...sweet, for lack of a better term. Padmé tried to imagine what he must look like after all of these years, but could not get past that image burned in her mind of a button-nosed youth with the brightest and most soulful blue eyes she had ever seen. She sighed as she remembered him asking her if she was an angel. He was a funny little boy, to be certain, but had extraordinary abilities. She would be glad to see him again; maybe this arrangement was not such a bad thing after all.

"Milady?"

Padmé's thoughts were interrupted by Dormé's concerned voice. She turned to face he

2. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    great start!! Loved the cuteness in Anakin.

3. Seraph-Skywalker

Seraph-Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2002
    A terrific start to a great story, stacysatrip! I loved Anakin's eagerness to get to Padme and the bantering between himself and Obi-Wan--it was very nicely put together. I'm definitely anxious to read more!

Seraph 8-}

4. tun_dot_com

tun_dot_com Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 5, 2002
    Awesome! :D

5. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Anakin privately wondered how long it would take before the proverbial knot at Obi-Wan's brow would become a permanent facial feature.
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] So true, so true.

"Why me?" he remarked, to no one in particular.
    "I heard that!"

This exchange I can so easily imagine between them!

Great start! I look forward to the rest of your retelling. :D :D

6. ForbiddenAngel

ForbiddenAngel Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2002
    I like the outline of the story! You did very well! I hope a new post is soon!

7. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Thanks for the PM! Interesting first...I like how you've done their characters!

JS

Up!

8. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    So far, so good! I also enjoyed the banter between Obi-Wan and Anakin.

--MissPadme

9. stacysatrip

Nov 20, 2002
    Thanks everyone for your quick responses.

qingauk gets the first reply cookie.

Seraph_Skywalker, Darth_Lex and MissPadme I felt that one major thing lacking in AotC was validating the following statement:

"Anakin was a good friend." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Return of the Jedi).

I had to stick some good natured banter in there, since they spend most of the film either at one another's throats or complaining about one another.

tun_dot_com Thanks! :)

ForbiddenAngel Great to pick up a new reader! I will be trying very hard to post on Tuesdays and Fridays. If I'm feeling really generous, I might occasionally post three posts a week.

JazzSkywalker You're most welcome! Glad you enjoyed it.

For everyone who liked the Obi/Ani banter, wait until you see my Dorme/Padme banter in the next post. Dorme's giving Padme a hard time about Anakin.

Till Tuesday!

10. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    This is a great start! I'll be back on Tuesday.....

11. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    [face_laugh] I love this so far! :D It's absolutely hilarious!

lol, I like Anakin's thoughts! It's so him! :)

Awesome post! :)

12. stacysatrip

Nov 20, 2002
    geo3 Great!

Monica_Skywalker Goody, another reader. Cookies for you! I'm glad you thought it was funny. I always viewed Vader as a smart-ass, so I needed to interject some of that in here.

13. DarthSon

DarthSon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2000
    This is a wonderful start, I can't wait for the next post.

14. darla101

darla101 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2003
    Is the name the Evanessence song?

15. stacysatrip

Nov 20, 2002
    DarthSon Thank you. Check back Tuesday.

darla101 As a matter of fact, it is! I heard the song on the radio and bought the CD, which is excellent. "Bring Me to Life" reminds me more of Anakin in Episode III, and there's a song on the CD called "My Immortal" that reminds me of Padme in Episode III.

16. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    This is great, stacysatrip. Look forward to more.

17. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Enjoying the banter between Ani and ObiWan...very lighthearted, but true to the characters. Can't wait to hear what the "girls" (Dorme & Padme) have to say about this arrangement... ;)

18. darla101

darla101 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2003
    "Haunted" always makes me think of Ani. It has that edge to it.

19. tun_dot_com

tun_dot_com Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 5, 2002
  20. stacysatrip

Nov 20, 2002
    anakin_girl Welcome, and thanks!

Wook Thanks. I'm trying to stay true to how I see their relationship. I want to show that there is an underlying affection despite all the tension.

darla101 I'll have to listen to that song more closely. If it were up to me, Evanescence would contribute to the Ep. III soundtrack (meaning the end credits, I guess) with one of those songs.

tun_dot_com Thanks for the up.

I'll probably be posting early tomorrow morning, so check back, everyone. Until then, I have to work on my taxes. I'm such a procrastinator, It's really sad. :)

21. Lady__Skywalker

Lady__Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2002
    Excellent, as usual! I mean, I just found your story *nervously looks down* can I have some cookies? *grins largely*

22. stacysatrip

Nov 20, 2002
    Don't worry about it, Lady_Skywalker, there are cookies for you!

I have to post early, because I'm afraid I'll be too busy with my taxes tomorrow. Hope you guys enjoy!

Chapter One

To See You Again

Anakin had managed to regain an air of calm despite his excitement after leaving the Temple complex with Obi-Wan; that is, until he stepped on to the turbolift of Padmé?s apartment building. He began to fidget incessantly, tugging at his robes, smoothing his hair, and inhaling and exhaling deeply.

Obi-Wan recognized a wonderful opportunity to tease his Padawan. He commented that Anakin seemed on edge, which the young man promptly denied; undaunted, Obi-Wan persisted.

"I haven't felt you this tense since...since we fell into that nest of gundarks," he chided.

Now it was Anakin's turn to poke fun. "You fell into that nightmare, Master, and I rescued you, remember?" he retorted.

"Oh, yes," Obi-Wan replied with a chuckle. He was pleased to see that he had finally elicited a smile from Anakin.

"You're sweating, relax! Take a deep breath," Obi-Wan jokingly advised. He was well aware of Anakin's infatuation with Padmé, one that had begun a decade before and that had apparently never quite faded. But now, the two of them would be forced to confront it head-on.

Anakin sighed. "I haven't seen her in ten years, Master," he admitted solemnly.

"Well I'm sure we'll all have plenty of time to become reacquainted," Obi-Wan commented, sensing that was exactly what Anakin wanted to hear. Suddenly, the playful expression on Obi-Wan's face faded into one that was undeniably serious. "Remember, young one, we are here because of duty, nothing more. You'd do well to remember that," he warned.

Anakin turned away, his face slightly flushed. "Yes, Master," he replied.

The lift door slid open to reveal an exuberant Jar Jar Binks, dressed elegantly in the robes of a politician, but with the same silly demeanor Anakin so fondly remembered. The Gungan so vigorously shook Obi-Wan?s hand that Anakin feared his Master?s right arm might detach. Jar Jar was finally able to contain his enthusiasm as he announced their arrival.

?Senator Padmé, meesa palo?s here! Looky, looky, Senator, deesa Jedi arrivin?!?

When Padmé turned to greet her guests, Anakin had momentarily had to brace himself, lest his knees buckle beneath him. The rest of the people in the room seemed to disappear, as the beautiful and meticulously coifed politician glided across the room. Anakin?s breathing quickened, and he could not suppress a twinge of jealously when Obi-Wan cordially greeted the Senator. The younger Jedi could not refrain from begrudgingly mocking his master?s voice in his mind; It is a great pleasure to see you again, Milady, he repeated silently as he rolled his eyes and shifted impatiently in the background.

?It has been far too long, Master Kenobi,? Padmé replied graciously as she took Obi-Wan?s hand. Anakin subtly scowled at his Master for accepting her cordial gesture so readily.

Padmé finally glanced over Obi ?Wan?s shoulder, and suppressed a gasp as took notice of the tall, handsome young man hovering behind him. She paused to collect her thoughts; it couldn?t possibly be?

?Ani??

The striking young Jedi nodded slightly, desperately attempting to appear unaffected by her intoxicating presence.

?My goodness, you?ve grown,? Padmé commented as she smiled and subtly looked at him up and down.

Anakin had carefully constructed and rehearsed a proper greeting on his journey to the apartment, but his mind suddenly went blank. He cringed as his reply escaped his lips.

?So have you, grown more beautiful I mean,? he stammered as he quickly observed the amused expressions on everyone?s faces. ?Well, f-for a senator, I mean,? he concluded awkwardly. In that moment, he wanted nothing more than to disappear.

Padmé smiled and shook her head, trying to appear unmoved by his boyish flattery. ?Ani,

23. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    What a wonderfull assesment of the two of them... I'm looking forwards to more....

[face_love]

24. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    lol, the Padme and Dorme conversation was wonderful!

?I suppose I didn?t notice,? she lied, ?but if he weren?t a Jedi, I?d be more than happy to put in a good word for you.? I think that was my favorite line! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] That was so funny! :)

Great post! :D :D

25. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Your interpretation of Obi-Wan is very interesting, although I guess he'll be out of the story pretty soon anyway. ;)

The relationship between Padme and Dorme is very believable. And I like the way you've introduced a certain "love at first sight" (well, not first exactly, but you know what I mean) aspect to Padme's feelings.

And thank you for the generous image of Padme in the bath. Mmmmmmm, Padme. ;)

he?s possibly the most attractive man I?ve seen in my life
    Well, you haven't seen Han Solo yet, now have you? :p [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.