main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Bring on the random discussion!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by TheCrowbar, Oct 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Any takes for joining my team for a relay marathon? Tis only 6.5 miles and you got 3 1/2 mths to train!

2. Enforcer_Draconus

Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    i might be up for it

3. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Cool, let me know. Dont need to pay the entry fess until November so there's still a while yet.

4. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
  5. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Could be worse. The dog could have been talking on the phone while he was trying to drive.

6. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
  7. RepublicScorch

RepublicScorch Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2006
    Back from Vacation. Damm, School starts Next Week.[face_tired]

8. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    So we're in San Francisco on vacation and we get on the F-line (one of the public buses) to take a short ride to another bus line. We start moving and get to the next stop, where the bus completely fills up. Then the bus driver (they don't really drive as much as they just start and stop, the whole line is on a rail) says over the intercom "There are pick pockets on these buses and they will pick pocket you". The moment I hear this I check to make sure my wallet is still in my back pocket and it is. I'm wearing a jacket though, so I grab my wallet and stick it in the inside pocket and zip up the jacket. While I'm doing this, Irene says to me "Yeah, you should have your wallet on the inside of your jacket or someone's going to steal it". I look at her and say "ok, I have no cash, it's just credit cards. They can all be cancelled with a few phone calls. The only problem I'd have is losing my license, since it'd be difficult to get on a plane without it (we flew there)." She just responded with "whatever". I was also sitting down, so it's not like I had to worry a lot about someone picking my pocket.

I was reminded of this by Rion's post in another thread where he lost his wallet.

9. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    My Dad was on a train in Paris and someone was trying to talk to him in French, they pointed down and he looked and some little kid was unzipping his jacket pocket to try and steal his wallet!

Wish we could just chop their hands off when they are caught stealing.

Speaking of stealing.....

From CNN.COM

"Robin Hood ripped off
    LONDON, England (AP) -- Thieves in Hungary have stolen some tapes of the BBC's new prime-time series "Robin Hood," stalling completion of some of the 13 episodes, the broadcaster said.

The British Broadcasting Corp. would not comment on a report in The Daily Mirror on Monday that the tapes were the only copies and that thieves were demanding payment of $1.9 million for their return.

"Robin Hood" is being taped in Hungary by production company Tiger Aspect.

"Tiger Aspect has been the victim of a break-in in Hungary where `Robin Hood' is currently being filmed and some high-definition tapes and other equipment have been stolen," the BBC said Monday in a statement.

"The thefts are causing inconvenience and have resulted in a delay in finalizing some of the episodes. Tiger Aspect is taking all reasonable steps to recover the tapes."

The series, due to air later this year in BBC1's Saturday early evening slot, stars newcomer Jonas Armstrong in the title role, with Keith Allen as the Sheriff of Nottingham and Lucy Griffiths as Maid Marian.

The series is partly funded by BBC America, the broadcaster's U.S. cable channel."

10. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA star 3 VIP

Dec 8, 2002
    you can't trust the french. When they aren't picking your pocket they're surrendering.

11. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    I heard when you sign up for the french legion the first think they teach you is how to say I surrender in 6 different languages. :p

12. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    I have a bad feeling about this . .

[image=http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/images/upload/marvel-babies-web.jpg]

and an even worse feeling about this . .

[image=http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/images/upload/stooges-babies-web.jpg]

13. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    :eek: I hope those are not real!!!

The Baby Hulk looks more like the Baby Jolly Green Giant from the cans of corn.

14. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I'm on a quest for information. During the filming of Ep. I, II & III what company name would have been used to procure supplies, needed props and such? They wouldn't have used Lucasfilm, as that would have caused too much attention. If I can get a company name my friend can look through the contracts and see what they have that was used in any of the prequels. Her husband is pretty sure that some of their parts were used. (this is the family that owns the airplane grave yard and rents things to movie studios and such) The plane from War of the Worlds that is still on display at Universal, the planes and parts of planes from SoaP and all of the airliner parts on Lost are rented from these people. Any ideas on the name they used?

15. Enforcer_Draconus

Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    ummm i think they need to reposition baby wolverine and baby doc Oc....[face_worried]

16. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Actually, the Jolly Green Giant had a son, named Little Sprout. :p

17. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Anybody in the OC coming to the John Williams concert on Saturday?

18. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    I swore to stop going to those with the fanforces. In othere news . .

Marley coin

19. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    This is especially for you Jedi-Loreen

[image=http://www.neatorama.com/images/2006-08/funny-welcome-tourist-sign.jpg]

20. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    How come?

21. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    :eek: [face_hypnotized] 8-}

22. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    The two times I went, people from the fanforces were loud and annoying. They acted like it was a rock concert. People were drunk, yelling, eating, and 'singing' along. There were several times where I couldn't even hear what was happening on stage. I actually have a friend who doesn't hang out with any fanforce at all anymore because of the 2003 concert. .
    [image=http://www.ocstarwars.com/multimedia/imagegallery/2003-08-30-johnwilliams/images/pdrm0021.jpg]
    He was pissed.

23. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Hopefully it'll not be like that this yr.

I'm sitting in a different section as I didn't want to fork out $30+ for the tickets.

24. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA star 3 VIP

Dec 8, 2002
    Yeah, I remember the day that Chuck left. I brought my friend also, who refuses to come back to another event due to how rude everyone was.

25. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.