main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Bring on the random discussion!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by TheCrowbar, Oct 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
  2. S_C_A-lexander

S_C_A-lexander Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2005
    Wow of all the lame ways to die,

steve irwin: crocodile hunter

monday gets in through the heart by a sting ray. People aren't realy super surprised given his nature and all that footage on him, but a sting ray. Its really sad, and its truly a freak accident, cause death by sting ray is super rare.

3. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Friggin awesome!!!!

Farmer takes revenge on squatter ... with a forklift

[image=http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2006/09/caravan020906_800x600.jpg]
    It was an act of revenge on a squatter that most farmers can only dream of. Faced with a uninvited intruder moving onto his land complete with car and caravan, Alan Roberts decided to take matters into his own hands.

While the illegal tenant was still soundly asleep, Mr Roberts got into his yellow JCB forklift and prepared to teach him a lesson.

First, he picked up the man's burgundy Vauxhall Cavalier from its spot on one of his fields and dumped it unceremoniously outside his land.

Then he returned to scoop up the white caravan, still housing the unsuspecting squatter.

As it was lifted into the air, the man, in his 20s, appeared at the window looking rather groggy and startled to discover he was suddenly airbourne.

But Mr Roberts, 46, who rents Grange Farm near Immingham, North East Lincolnshire from wealthy landowner Lord Yarborough, ignored the man's pleas and moved the caravan and its passenger off his land before dumping them both.

Last night, the farmer issued a stark warning to any would-be squatters who might be eyeing up his land as a potential home.

"If they want to come back for seconds, they can," he said. "I am a force to be reckoned with. That guy was not staying on my land. I have got the guy fairly wound up and there was a lot of swearing on both sides.

"The increasing trouble with squatters has been winding us up - so I am taking the law into my own hands."

Mr Roberts said it was the second time this week that the mystery man had parked the vehicles on his land. He first arrived on Tuesday evening, and the next day Mr Roberts gave him two hours to move the car and caravan.

After he ignored the polite request, the farmer picked up the Cavalier with his forklift truck and dumped it at the side of the road.

It was when the squatter came back and bedded down for a second night that Mr Roberts decided to teach him an early morning lesson.

The squatter was the first man who had set up camp on Grange Farm, but Mr Roberts said it was only the latest in a series of incidents.

Farmers in the area claim they have lost hundreds of pounds to poachers and are plagued by others driving four-wheel vehicles over their fields.

Mr Roberts, who is married with a 12-year-old daughter and farms cereal crops on his 700-acre plot, said the man had since disappeared with both his vehicles.

Spokeswoman for Humberside Police, Lisa Fleming, said: "Police attended but it is a civil dispute between the landowner and the vehicle and caravan owner.

"Officers spoke to both parties and the caravan owner volunteered to move his vehicle within 24 hours."

4. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA star 3 VIP

Dec 8, 2002
    Happy birthday rion.

5. Enforcer_Draconus

Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

6. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Have good one bud!

[image=http://www.byreconly.com/images/MiniWedding/LiverpoolCake_sm.jpg]

Best. Birthday Cake. Ever.

7. Enforcer_Draconus

Jul 19, 2004
    THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!

8. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    From the look of it somebody actually used that as their wedding cake! Classy!

9. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 8, 2002
    sometimes I get that not so fresh feeling.

10. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Bicyclist Awaiting Ambulence Hit Again

Sep 11, 9:30 PM (ET)

GREENVILLE, S.C. (AP) - A driver has been charged with leaving the scene of an accident with injuries after her car hit a bicyclist who was in the road waiting on an ambulance to treat him for injuries after being hit by another car.

Shannon Harris of Anderson turned herself in to investigators Sunday night after initially leaving the scene of the accident, said Lance Cpl. Kathy Hiles, a spokeswoman for the Highway Patrol.

The bike rider, whose name has not been released, was in serious condition at Anderson Area Medical Center, Hiles said. He was not wearing a helmet and his bike lacked proper lighting, Hiles said.

The bicyclist was hit first by a Nissan driven by Erin Hartness of Anderson, Hiles said. No charges were filed in that case.

While he was waiting in the road for an ambulance, the bicyclist was hit by the second car, whose driver stopped for a moment before leaving the scene.

11. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Why are service people parking in the driveway now? First it was Home Depot, now it's Time Warner. They use to park on the street. Now they're parking in the driveway.

We bought a security door for the house and had to ask my mom to house sit for a while so we could pick some things up. When we got home, I couldn't park in the driveway (we had gone to pickup bricks, so that meant I couldn't unload) because the Home Depot guy was there to measure the door. These type of service calls use to park on the street.

The second time was today, when I had my cable service upgraded to the DVR. I get home and amazingly enough, the cable guy was there before me and sure enough, parked in the driveway.

It's not that big of a deal, but I find it quite annoying. Park on the street!

12. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 8, 2002
    Never EVER park in another mans driveway.

13. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    I'd love to use Dane Cook's idea of dealing with people who turn in the driveway for people that park in the driveway or reserved spot at my complex.

[face_laugh]

14. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 8, 2002
    I got a Barris Offee 12" at tru for 8.98.

15. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Anbody going to the Cruisinforacure Car Show in Costa Mesa tomorrow?

16. LizardJedi

LizardJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2005
    Why is it that the Science/Math dept (I call it S&M :p) always have to schedule classes on Monday and Wed exclusivly?
    I'm trying to plan out my schedule for next semester, and this is what it looks like:
    M - 0730-1230 no-break
    W - 0730-1530 no-break
    T/T - 0730-9, 12-1
    F - 0900-1030

Seriosuly, thats only 3 classes. The only reason there is anything on Tuesdays is because they can't fit anything else on Monday or Wed.

What gives... [face_frustrated]

17. Enforcer_Draconus

Jul 19, 2004
    well that yer problem yer scheduling in real and military time=P

18. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Pfft, part time! I had classes from 8-5 4 days a week when I went to university. :_|

19. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    What? Only 4 days a week? Try 8-5, 5-6 days a week! :p

20. LizardJedi

LizardJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2005
    What a wonderful smell I've discovered.

Working on my Endor blaster, with wood/plastic filler, while my dad is behind me making chili. Wow. My nose is overloaded.

21. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Hmm, interesting combination of scents.

I know what both things smell like individually, but not together in my nose at the same time.
    [face_thinking]

22. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Dec 8, 2002
    I hate school.

23. DarthCarcinus

DarthCarcinus Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2006
    I always wondered... If Yoda was the wisest and oldest living Jedi, and had such strength in the force and the ability to see far into the future, then why did he agree to allow Anakin to be trained. Another thought I had... In ESB..Obi-Wan tells Yoda.."That boy was our last hope" and as they look to the departing luke... Yoda turns to Ben and says... no.. There is another. Well my 1st point is.. why didn't he say... "No, another there is." and 2nd, Ben knew that Lea was Anakin's daughter... why didn't he just turn to Yoda and say...Well, if he dies, we can train his sister... she'd probably be stronger... "hmmmm to a dark place this line of thought will carry us."

24. MALICE_MIZER

MALICE_MIZER Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    Your 1st point...well, that's mostly because the Jedi are push overs, as evidenced in both Trilogies...now remember, users of the Force can't literally see into the future, as it has been said that the future is "clouded" and "always in motion". However, even though Anakin had a clouded future and was deemed dangerous by several prominent members of the Jedi Council, Yoda folds within moments, only due to Anakin's training be the final wishes of a now dead Jedi Master, Qui-Gonn Jinn. From a storytelling perspective, It was a piss-poor attempt at getting from point A to point B in TPM, without really thinking things through. This is also evidenced in ESB, when Yoda is at first hesitant to train Luke when he meets him on Dagobah, yet with little to no prodding from the disembodied Obi-Wan Kenobi, he totally changes his tune within moments in the same scene and agrees to train him, as well. They should have taken the hint the 1st time around that Skywalkers don't always make the best Jedi Knights...

This was probably a production decision, it may have sounded more pleasing in the screenplay and when committed to film. I'm sure there's some EU novel out there that is completely devoted to why Yoda elected to not use backward-speak in that particular moment.

Dialogue to the effect would totally spoil the connection between Luke and Leia that is hinted at towards the end of the film. The impact of Leia "hearing" Luke back on Bespin would be ruined if Obi-Wan spilled the beans earlier.

Make sense?

25. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Not to mention the fact that Luke and Leia were not siblings until later drafts of ROTJ. The story was originally bigger (9 chapters) and did not reveal Luke's sister (which was not Leia) until chapter 9. Being unable to extend the story that far (there wasn't much left for 3 more movies), Lucas decided to cram everything into chapter 6. And it wasn't until the last moment, when he needed a reaction from Luke while Vader is searching for him during their lightsaber battle, that he decided to make Leia his sister. It was easy enough after that to revise the script to make Leia his sister. It can also be argued that Leia heard Luke through the Force, not because they were related, but simply because he was calling out to her and no one else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.